1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 2500 model:
My Dodge Ram 2500 w/V10 Engine 4x4
By oldtrucks4fun on 05/27/13 20:16 PM (PDT)

1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Extended Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I have owned a 1997 dodge ram 2500 4x4 club cab with V10 since 2000. I had the engine replaced in in 1998 with 65,000 miles on it. Presently the the truck 103000 and the engine has about 40000. I have replaced or had rebuilt the following: 1. Engine 2. Rear end 3. Gas tank 4. Fuel pump 5. Front end rebuilt 6. New front clibers/bearings/and etc 7. Transmission rebuit 8. Water pump 9. New head liner 10. Numerous sensors 11. Several changes of tires - have 35" height tires. Changed motor mount twice 12. Next project alternator 13. Next project exterior paint job 14. It costs about $100.00 plus to fill the gas tank up in today market. Get 6-8 MPG. My son has a 1995 3500 standard cab with V10

Poor Me
By Steve Butler on 11/21/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Extended Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I made the big mistake of buying one of these lemons. I believe the rated towing is about 14,000 but don't think Dodge thought anyone would tow that much weight. Transmission went out at 25,000, replaced under warranty after 2 week wait which ruined my 2 week vacation. Dodge dealer never could get the brakes & alignment correct. It would never stop straight. Engine blew at 65,000. Out of warranty. Independent shop rebuilt it. Engine blew again at 75,000 & shop out-of-business. Now it sits in my garage with the engine setting in the back of the bed.

283,000 miles - are you kidding me?!?!
By Cagman10 on 08/20/09 21:26 PM (PDT)

1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Extended Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

When I bought this truck new, I never thought I would have it for so long. Hey, life happens and I still have the truck after 283,000 miles, a load of In 'N Out Burger droppings, and a hell of a lot of work. Tranny is a bit rough on cold winter mornings but I have no real complaints ... except, who would ever design a radio that is right under the cup holder? Hello?!?!? Ever hear of spilled coffee -- radio shorted out after four years. I will cry like when I was a kid watching Old Yeller when I have to put her down.

Torque Monster
By Torque Monster on 03/16/08 17:14 PM (PDT)

1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Extended Cab ST 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I bought the truck new for the Cummins and it hasn't let me down. It is a pullin' haulin' machine. Get the 5-speed that's the best tranny. This truck could probably pull a building down.

Reliable!
By Karen on 11/21/05 10:28 AM (PST)

1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Extended Cab ST 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

Our truck has towed heavy trailers, carried 3000+ lbs., has 200k miles on it. Just replace tie rod; no other major repairs. Great diesel engine, good handling, had lots of offers but we don't want to sell!

Ram Tough
By SubVet on 04/03/05 23:21 PM (PDT)

1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Extended Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought this truck new. Have 103K on it now. Other than brakes and tires never have had a problem. {On third set of breaks and second set of tires.} Key was not having anti-locks. Bought HD package with overloads and tow. Ride a little stiff, but was built for heavy work it has had to do in its life. Will be a fan for life. Fuel isn't ideal, but that wasn't why I needed this much truck.

Satisfied customer
By Ed on 02/26/05 22:55 PM (PST)

1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Extended Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Truck performed as promised. Plenty of power for pulling a loaded 4 X 8 trailer with a fully loaded full sized box. Very little mechanical problems. Will buy another soon.

Dodge 2500 diesel Laramie LB
By Billpor930 on 11/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Extended Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I bought this vehicle to pull a car trailer and it has been excellent for that. Gets excellent fuel mileage with the Cummins diesel. Truck has been 100% reliable over the 30000 miles that I have owned it. The only problem it has had is a leaking front axle seal which cost me a 100 dollar deductible charge to fix.

Luv my truck
By Braxt828 on 04/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Extended Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

This is the first vehicle I ever bought new. I like others to break them in first. Never had a problem. I use it as a work truck every day. I haul heavy loads all week, clean it up and take my family on weekend road trips. I don't know if there is a perfect vehicle out there, but this is as close as I've seen!

Mopar does not get it
By M.Grounds on 08/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Extended Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Numerous problems from A/C to transmission, steering box, front end bounces uncontrolably when you hit a bump over 25 mph, and won't stop until vehicle comes to a complete stop. Had the stabilizer strut replaced as a possible cause but it continues to happen. When new rear window was a constant water leak problem.