1996 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 LT Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Sort Reviews by

350 K and still going
By dodgeman1996

1996 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Regular Cab LT 2dr Regular Cab LB

I have a 1996 ram 2500 2 wheel drive standard box. This truck was ordered with the old and reliable 318 8 cyl. gas engine. We use this in our business here in BC Canada. I haul a 20 foot flat bed trailer out of the mountains on Vancouver Island with up to 20 8 x 6 inch x 18 foot cants of red cedar. We just finished a 10,000 KM ( 6213 mile ) trip The engine used three liters of oil ( .79 gal ) of oil. Fuel economy was in the 20 mile per gallon range. I have never had a more reliable truck. We change the oil every 5000 KM ( 3000 ) and the transmission oil every 12 months. Regular maintance is all we have done and the truck just keep on going. Dodge builds a great product.

Favorite Features

The full 8 foot box is a must for our work. Drives great and easy to run through heavy traffic in large cities. Breaks are great. Easy to maintain.

Suggested Improvements

A better radio/cd package would be welcomed. A higher quality schock at delivery is required Larger size tires would be an improvement for the rough gravel roads we work on. the mediam metal and paper brake pads should be a factory standard.

Great Truck!
By Judi

1996 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Regular Cab LT 2dr Regular Cab LB

This has been a fabulous vehicle. You may hear me coming a mile away, but that seems to keep pokies out of my path! Heavy, strong, and durable. I intend to keep this one for many years to come. My only problem is wearing out the brakes -- she's so heavy, it takes a lot of brake to slow her down.

Favorite Features

Comfortable drive.

Suggested Improvements

I installed a 12 CD changer -- really brought that Infinity system to life.