Used 1995 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Laramie SLT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 2500 model:

400k and still rolling (slt automatic dodge 2500 diesel)
By allllchemist

1995 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Laramie SLT 2dr Extended Cab LB

Bought the truck used from an auction. previous owner had hauled trailers all over new england in snow/ice (salt corrosion) for 280k miles with jake brake and after-market overdrive. bad tps and fuel pump had led him to dump it. got some flakey overdrive issues when cold (showed up when a transmission shop removed the overdrive unit and cut the ground wire)... 125k miles later she's still "busting a hump," moves right along at 2200 rpms, 15 mpg. Not going to win any races, but every time I sit down to calculate the cost of replacing her, she makes dollars and sense. I'll keep her another year and see how she acts. I'd like to take the cummins out and drop it in another vehicle.

cummins diesel. solid as a mountain frame stood up to fender bender with land rover... simplicity of fuel delivery system. easy to work on.

As always, tranny. Front suspension and steering components. The engine will outlast the body and suspension engineering.

Great Truck with lots of Power
By G. Lilley

1995 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Laramie SLT 2dr Extended Cab LB

What a great truck with the 12 valve diesel. I did the adjustment with great results. I did sell this truck with over 380K miles still running strong and getting over 22mpg and 16 pulling trailer. Tranmission replaced at 180k. No problems with the motor at all. This truck was very easy to work on and very reliable. I wish I still had the truck.

Diesel motor, torque, power, MPG. Easy to work on or upgrade to more power. Upgraded tranny then no more weak link.

I would improve on the brake system and the front end design or parts

Great truck--better w/ Banks upgrade
By poniehauler

1995 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Laramie SLT 2dr Extended Cab LB

I drove this truck for 8 yrs before I broke down and bought the turbo upgrade from Banks. Wish I'd done it sooner. So far I have had no problems with this truck except that it was a bit underpowered hauling my 7000+ lb trailer on hills. I have a the 5 speed manual and would not recommend the auto tranny.

Excellent mileage. 23mpg empty; 14-17 mpg towing depending on conditions and speed. Very comfortable on long hauls.

More power. I shouldn't have to take a new truck to the local diesel guy to install a $2k upgrade so I can make it up hills faster than 47mph!

not bad
By dlromo

1995 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Laramie SLT 2dr Extended Cab LB

so far so good I have 130000 miles no problems . milage can fluxuate drasticly difficult to park in tight spaces

excellent styling

would like a little more power off the line