Used 1994 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 2500 model:

Can you spell "lemon"
By chirpy

1994 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Regular Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

Truck owned since new, so many problems and recalls, who can keep count. Always in the shop, totally unreliable. Noisy, stinky and rough suspension. Wish we had never bought it. Three transmissions, ignition, brakes, injection pump, starter, steering components, water pump, you name it. So much money spent can never recover.

Favorite Features

Cummins engine.

Suggested Improvements

Give lifetime warranty with truck.

230,000 and still going
By jenalynn

1994 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Regular Cab LT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I bought my Dodge when it had 215,000 miles on it. I picked it up cheap and had to fix a problem with the headlights. After that, I have had minimal problems with her. I've fixed a pulley and the clear coat has come off in big patches, but I love my truck. It sits up high and is comfortable for a woman to drive, as well as my 6'3" boyfriend. I plan on driving this pickup to the 300,000 mark. Despite the warnings, there has never been a tranny problem in this truck.

Favorite Features

Comfortable durable interior, nice power, towing is no sweat. Love my Dodge!!!

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders and factory speakers stunk and needed to be replaced. Obviously horrible gas mileage. Maybe 15 hwy and as low as 8 in town. Clear coat was gone before I got her. Rust has started below the doors.

Awesome Engine..Crappy Brakes Tranny
By P. Fitzgerald

1994 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Regular Cab LT 2dr Regular Cab LB

Initially we were very pleased with the truck. Our first problem occured a couple of weeks after taking it home. The transmission valve body went out. Dodge replaced it under warranty no sweat. The brake rotors, calipers and front hubs were next. All needed to be replaced due to excessive wear because the r/f caliper would bind (a common ailment with "floating" calipers). The truck's saving grace is the 5.9L Cummins Diesel. Yes it is loud, but it will pull anything, anywhere, anytime. If I had it to do over again, I would buy the 5 speed.

Favorite Features

Engine power, decent interior for a base truck. A/C kicks butt!

Suggested Improvements

Beefier automatic transmission (can you say Allison?). Get some real brakes under there.

Transmission trouble
By Walnut Willie

1994 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Regular Cab ST 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

This has been a reliable vehicle except for one problem which was fixed by a recall, & that was that Dodge had teflon fittings on the automatic transmission oil lines and once when hot they got soft and blew off losing all the transmission fluid and leaving me stranded 20 miles from nowhere. I fought with dodge over this poor design and eventually they had a recall and put on steel fittings. Also the paint is all peeling off now and I am going to have it repainted. Otherwise I love this truck and plan to keep it another 10 years. I have the 5.9 engine.

Favorite Features

Well engineered for the most part.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the automatic transmission .

1994 Ram V10 Auto. Trans.
By ldunlap

1994 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 Regular Cab Laramie SLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

This truck has performed well over 8 years. I pull a 10000 lb trailer and haved pulled mostly in overdrive with no problems.

Favorite Features

V10 Power

Suggested Improvements

5 Speed Auto trans.