2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Review: Completely Converted

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Review

SLT Crew Cab Pickup (4.7L V8 FFV 4x4 5-speed Automatic 5.6 ft. Bed)

Completely Converted
By bgerard1 on

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Initially, the Ram was not even on my option list. But after driving F150 and Silverado, I decided to test drive one on a whim. I could not have been more surprised by what I experienced. This truck is so far superior, I can't believe it - and at first, I didn't want to believe it. If you are in the market, drive them all and you'll see for yourself - Dodge has grabbed the truck market by the horns. I am completely converted!

Ride is quiet, smooth, and responsive. Hemi 5.7 is amazing - punched it once and it felt like I was in a muscle car (seriously, prepare yourself before trying this yourself). I have been impressed with how often the eco mode is in effect and my mileage on new engine is about 15-16 at 90% city. As engine breaks in, this will increase slightly. Love the towing features, especially hill assist. Without doubt the best truck I have ever driven. All this and it fits in the garage! If they keep this up, Dodge will pass Silverado to be sure and will nip at F150's heels in no time.

Mine was so well equipped, I just can't imagine what I might suggest. Add to that an amazing end of the year (2010) deal and I have no complaints yet. Was a little nervous about reliability, but Ram 1500 is only Dodge product Consumer Reports suggests so I passed on extended warranty. If I was pressed, my only suggestion would be that if they are going to equip the truck with all you need to have hands free phone, they ought to include it with the car standard instead of as an add on.