Love my HEMI
By Joe J on
2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)
I canít say enough about how much I enjoy driving this truck. I was in the market for a Silverado when I sat in the Dodge and was truly impressed with the comfort and spaciousness of the crew cab. If you want a similarly appointed Chevy, you should be prepared to spend about ten grand more. Once I drove it, I was sold. The 5.7 has tons of power and the coil spring rear suspension keep the truck firmly planted over the bumpiest roads. I needed a car that could do it all comfortably, and this is it. Thereís plenty of room to stretch out, enough room in the SB to stow the gear, and plenty of towing capacity for whatever you have to pull.
Favorite Features
HEMI, crew cab, & EVIC! The fuel mgmt system gives you a few extra miles from each gallon, but when you need the power, there's plenty of it. Interior space is unbelievable. The EVIC is a great feature for for a mid- level truck. I most like being able to see real time mileage & tire pressures.
Suggested Improvements
It's no economy car. Iíd love to see better mileage, but this is a big truck. The headlights are dim and could use a boost. Iíve not found a way to set a default screen for the EVIC. It always resets to the main screen, which is a bit annoying. Other than that, this is a really fun truck to drive.