Used 2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Second one
By Truck driver

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I traded in my 2002 ram quad 2wd for the 2010 quad 4wd trx4 in deep water blue. First thing the ride is like no other. I took a real good look at the tundra, but it's made cheap. The sheet metal is thin. I got the 4.7 cause of the flex fuel and 87 octane. I don't tow heavy loads, but if you do please go hemi. If you are thinking of buying a truck, go test drive them all and I bet you will buy the ram.

Ride quality, seats.

None

Best ever!
By bradley

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned 14 full size pickups. Ford, Chev, and the even all plastic Tundra. I have never enjoyed driving any vehicle as much as this Dodge truck! Even my BMW stays parked. My avg economy is 18 MPG and I have a heavy right foot. I LOVE THIS TRUCK!

Smooth drivetrain

6th gear option

2010 Ram 5SLT Quad Big Horn 2WD 3.92 LSD
By Dave

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I drove them all and much to my surprise the Ram came out on top. The F150s are slow, noisy and thirsty, the GMs just aren't put together as well as the Ram and have a terrible interior. Won't ever go back to Tundra! This is the best riding & best performing truck I found. Towed 5600 lbs. so far, handles like a dream. Lots of power! The engine & tranny are super quiet & smooth. Very smart looking & quiet interior. Doors close solid & all hardware seems a notch above others. Impeccable assembly quality. Handles great with the 20-inch tires. Excellent braking, even with a load. Best gas MPG so far was 21.4 MPG. Local average 17+. Total average is 17.9. Never liked a truck so much!

The Hemi, transmission with TRS, solid body, interior quietness, on the road smoothness, ease of handling. Believe it or not, no wind noise. Flawless assembly. All controls are in easy reach. I opted for the dealer installed Bedrug which was a wise decision.

Really not much to complain about. The Rams are taller than the others and it is a complaint of my wife's, but after driving the others she said she still prefers the Ram. We'll probably add step bars. I wish the EVIC display would default to the last setting and the console had a lock.

10 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4.7 SLT
By Andy

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I was towing with a 2004 Jeep GC with the 235 horse/ 295 ft lbs 4.7. I had a chance to move up to the Dodge truck as a more stable towing platform. I didn't NEED the hemi so I opted for the 310 horse / 330 ft lbs 4.7 ( big difference). I did get the 3.92 anti-spin rear and the full towing package. It is rated to tow 7300 lbs. I got 15 mpg around town and as of yet haven't had a chance to drive it solo on the highway. I got 10-11 while towing my 28 ft trailer. I should be able to knock off 20 mpg on the highway as it is taching 1800 rpm @ 60 mph. I towed in 4th gear pulling 2500 rpm at 61 mph.

Much more powerful 4.7 , good turning radius. Very QUIET ride , soft ride with the coil springs, large center console, 2 glove boxes , exterior looks sharp.

Owners manual seems sparse with info. There was nothing about the tow haul mode or how it works.

The new family toy!
By Josh S

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Since the first of 5 test drives and a lot of research this truck has been my favorite. The interior quiet, the smooth ride and car like turning, the Nice sounding Hemi, the amazing sound system, Easy to use Nav, Sirius radio, and the amazing Blue color. All of it was a perfect pick. I was going from a 92 Ford Exploder (yes I know its an explorer) and after driving this I will never drive another Ford again. Toyota and Chevy were a nice second choice but I wanted the features that Dodge offered. Worth the wait for the custom order. My wife loves her new toy and hates it when I borrow it hehe.

The smooth turning, the limitless power, the backseat room, the storage, the sound system, the nav, the BLUE! The 20's and the cool aftermarket parts I put on to get some better gas mileage. Must haves for a true performance junkie.

I would suggest a push button selector for the fuel economy system. Let me choose when to save money and when to burn rubber. Maybe a better performing 6 speed auto tranny. Optional steering wheel Paddle shifters as well (I like fun). possibly a cummins diesel? R/T spoiler?

• SUV