Used 2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Dodge Ram-pickup-1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

What A Nice Truck
By Paul

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Being a former Chevy pickup guy my last truck was a Nissan Titan. Let me tell you here, Dodge has really gotten it right with this truck. I did a lot of research on this truck and when it came time I special ordered to get certain options. Backup camera, sprayed in liner, Brake Control, Inferno Red Crystal Pearlcoat, Tow Hitch, Chrome Accents Group, Leather Bucket Seats & Trailer Tow Mirrors. The ride with the coils springs is by far the best in any truck I have had. I have to admit, I love driving this truck, from the quick acceleration on launch to just cruising. In my opinion Dodge has really exceeded my expectations.

Favorite Features

Easy to use controls, Nav, Sat Radio, HDD, Voice activation, Bluetooth, Cool Fan in the seats, AC outlet, EVIC, Storage Compartments in Rear, Flip up Tow Mirrors.

Suggested Improvements

Stronger Low Beams,

Love my HEMI
By Joe J

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I canít say enough about how much I enjoy driving this truck. I was in the market for a Silverado when I sat in the Dodge and was truly impressed with the comfort and spaciousness of the crew cab. If you want a similarly appointed Chevy, you should be prepared to spend about ten grand more. Once I drove it, I was sold. The 5.7 has tons of power and the coil spring rear suspension keep the truck firmly planted over the bumpiest roads. I needed a car that could do it all comfortably, and this is it. Thereís plenty of room to stretch out, enough room in the SB to stow the gear, and plenty of towing capacity for whatever you have to pull.

Favorite Features

HEMI, crew cab, & EVIC! The fuel mgmt system gives you a few extra miles from each gallon, but when you need the power, there's plenty of it. Interior space is unbelievable. The EVIC is a great feature for for a mid- level truck. I most like being able to see real time mileage & tire pressures.

Suggested Improvements

It's no economy car. Iíd love to see better mileage, but this is a big truck. The headlights are dim and could use a boost. Iíve not found a way to set a default screen for the EVIC. It always resets to the main screen, which is a bit annoying. Other than that, this is a really fun truck to drive.

2010 Ram Hemi Slt Crew Cab
By steve

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have a 2004 ram 4.7, still have it with 60,000 miles on it, never had a thing wrong with it. 2010 very strong motor, quality is good but not perfect, few things the window rattles a little going down, few plastic pieces in motor, cheap, cover for battery etc, just looks like its going to snap off, the ride and handling is excellent, the features are great, as the hands free phone is my favorite, and the computer in front of you easy to read, all ready had a few people roll down Windows and say nice truck. This is a hemi motor, I expect it will last as long as I want to own this truck, nothing beats a hemi, also love the new look in the front, looks mean like a truck should. 5 star truck :

Favorite Features

Hands free phone

Suggested Improvements

Not a fan of the cloth seat pattern, rather just have black seats so you can see any stains

Super Truck
By Dan in MN.

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Mine is a 2010 Ram 1500 Bighorn with the 5.7 hemi - 3.55 gears - 4x4 - bucket seats and console shift auto. I have owned it for 4 months+ and I Love It! I pull a 20' loaded car trailer quite often and it does it with ease! Great power and torque! Excellent brakes and trailer towing capabilities. Super interior, the layout is excellent and it has good controls (not those annoying electronic controls that some of the competing trucks have) you know the ones that you can't see when the sun is shining in! The controls have man sized knobs that are easy to use. Very well thought out and laid out interior. Exterior styling is awesome. I test drove other trucks and bought a Ram. Best decision yet

Favorite Features

Hemi torque-makes trailer towing a snap. interior layout and simplicity of use. Bucket seats, sound system and interior storage are great, especially the in floor storage in the back seat floor,excellent idea. This truck actually comes with the inner wheel wells from the factory, front & rear!

Suggested Improvements

Sweet Truck!

Decent
By Richard

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

All Around its a Decent Truck. Undoubtedly has the best highway ride out of the bunch. Cummins diesel sounds good.

Suggested Improvements

Less Dramatic Styling. Make it look more like the 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee