2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Amazing Truck Love It!!!
By Sam on 05/07/10 08:37 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I went to Dodge looking to trade my 04 Chevy S-10 and left with an amazing vehicle that I am amazed with every time I drive it. I love the color (Mango Tango Orange) and the big horn package (with all the chrome and the 20" wheels). I get great mileage driving in the city and get lots of comments about the look and the color. Dodge did a great job making this truck. You can tell a big difference from a 09 to an 10. Love the dual exhaust and the eco feature and the gear selection (gets even better mileage putting it in 4th gear).

Awesome Truck
By James on 04/28/10 11:27 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have only had my truck less than a week and I love everything about this truck. I traded in my 1998 ram that had 250000 miles on it. So if anyone says Dodge trucks aren't dependable long lasting trucks they are wrong. The gas mileage on the truck is awesome for having 390 horses under the hood. Right now I am getting just under 19 miles per gallon. I would recommend this truck to anyone that is looking to purchase a new truck. I test drove Chevy, Toyota, Ford and Nissan and none of them compare to this truck.

Awesome Truck!
By Shrop on 04/06/10 11:18 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I replaced a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 ext. cab. with a small V8 and manual trans. WOW, what an upgrade to this truck! The HEMI (love the eco mode where it shifts down to 4 cyl. on the highway - don't even feel it!). I actually like the look of the 2001 a bit better but, the interior on the 2010 is awesome! Extremely comfortable, user friendly, great back seat storage with the flat floor with all controls having a nice feel to them. The tranny shifts nice and smooth too. So far, we are averaging 14.9 mpg in / out of town. I feel on a long trip, it will be as the sticker says...18 mpg which is fine with me given the size / comfort of this truck. The information center is great too!

Hold on to your hat, the Hemi rocks!!
By Lonnie_m_d on 04/05/10 13:45 PM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab ST 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I researched, tested, and worked the deal on all of the full size 1500 series trucks. My need for 4 wheel drive was not there, and had to look hard and long for a 2 WD. Finally found one with the right equipment, plus a Hemi. My initial requirement pointed to the 4.7 liter, but when the 5.7 upgrade was free, the decision was to upgrade. All of the dealers in my search (and there were more that 10) were very professional, but Dodge of Blaine had the edge on professionalism. When I arrived to take a test drive, I was greeted enthusiastically, and that set the pace throughout the entire transaction. My words of wisdom are to do a lot of homework, study for the big test, and execute wisely.

EVD Display
By DouginNE on 04/01/10 08:52 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab ST 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I hope the "new" electronic vehicle display (EVD)on the dash saved money for Chrysler. Unfortunately, its misery for users. Just try to read the odometer if you're not an electrical engineer. NOT intuitive. Further the users manual is thin, BUT heh - they supply a DVD (that's always useful when you're driving or broke down on the highway). The manual refers to the DVD and the DVD refers to the owners manual. Not good for customers. NOT recommended.

5.7 vs. 4.7
By Wildcat 1 on 04/01/10 06:43 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought an 09 Ram with the 4.7 V-8. This truck had difficulty pulling an 18 ft. travel trailer in Colorado. It would run for miles over 4K rpm to maintain 60 mph on I-25. Traded the 09 for an identical 10 with a Hemi. No trouble pulling a 20 foot travel trailer or a flatbed with a Jeep and 4 wheeler. Lots of power. Gas mileage is slightly less with the Hemi, about 15 city and 17 highway vs. 15 city and 18 highway for the 4.7. A trip from Oklahoma to North Carolina averaged 16.8 mpg at 75 mph. Drove into the wind both ways.

transmission
By dozer on 03/13/10 18:49 PM (PST)

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Just purchased, so far love it. Came out of a 2007 Toyota tundra (great truck). Shortcomings so far are head light brightness and transmission. Bought brighter (whiter) bulbs-no big deal. Can't get used to transmission (compared to tundra). Tundra has 6 speed trans with great gear ratio, - Dodge has 5 speed and 2nd and 3rd gear only have 300 rpm diff between them. Can barely tell diff between them when manually shifting. Can anybody give insight? Why would ratios be so close?

It's better than my 01 Ram
By Ramm on 03/05/10 20:53 PM (PST)

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Interior features are more refined and updated. All knobs and radio flush against dashboard. Two tone color interior makes my ram feel luxurious. More cup holders, bigger mirrors, 1 yr sat. Radio. Get the big horn package-20" rims, billet grill, and warning signals. I did't need the hemi 390 hp. I only use my Ram for driving to work or the hardware store. Since I bought it, my wife has driven it more than me,so be careful,if you have a mate, they're going to drive it. I own a Dodge 01w/ 150,000 mi no problems. I decided to buy this Ram because of my previous experience with my last Ram. Don't be fooled by other brands, this Ram 2010 is powerful than ever 310hp/good looks.Drive 1 & test it against other

My kind of truck
By Zollie on 03/04/10 19:38 PM (PST)

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Very pleased with this truck. The company may have had past troubles, but it doesn't show up in their product. Right as rain.

Great Truck
By bhslefty on 02/22/10 14:06 PM (PST)

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is the smoothest truck i have ever driven. The power is excellent and the value for your money beats almost any truck on the market. Test drove pretty much every truck on the market before i bought the ram. Best power, interior, options for the money.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad-cab in VA is:

$141 per month*