2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Hemi vs Porsche
By JF on 09/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Two years ago I sold my '04 Porsche Cayenne S with 340hp. As time went by I needed my fix. When Dodge advertised it's purchase incentive program, I test drove a fully loaded 390 hp Laramie. What a treat. I was sold. Great vehicle and saved $50K in comparison to a new Cayenne. Can't wait for the snow to arrive.

Great Truck
By John on 09/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Our truck has the 5.7 Hemi. The MDS system took some getting used to, especially in town. The power is impressive and the available storage is nice. The ride is very comfortable.

2010 Shaking Steering Wheel
By SLT CharlestonSC on 09/06/10 18:55 PM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this truck 3 days ago and have already had to return to the dealer to get a it fixed. I would caution anyone from buying one of these. Check the Dodge Forum about the death shake steering wheel problem at 60-70 MPH and also 40-45 MPH if you start off like this, it could be ugly.

Dream truck
By jp on 09/01/10 11:11 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Best truck ever owned, and in 40 years that's saying a lot, drove them all, hope to retire with this truck. People who I don't know walk up and comment on the beauty of this beast. If you need to pass another vehicle hold on it's like riding in a rocket. Move over vets there's a new King of the road. If you don't believe me try one, puts fun back in driving. This truck owns the road, Chevy and fords and the over rated tundra can't even stay in the beasts shadow. I'm elated.

What A Nice Truck
By Paul on 08/18/10 17:29 PM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Being a former Chevy pickup guy my last truck was a Nissan Titan. Let me tell you here, Dodge has really gotten it right with this truck. I did a lot of research on this truck and when it came time I special ordered to get certain options. Backup camera, sprayed in liner, Brake Control, Inferno Red Crystal Pearlcoat, Tow Hitch, Chrome Accents Group, Leather Bucket Seats & Trailer Tow Mirrors. The ride with the coils springs is by far the best in any truck I have had. I have to admit, I love driving this truck, from the quick acceleration on launch to just cruising. In my opinion Dodge has really exceeded my expectations.

Second one
By Truck driver on 06/27/10 14:07 PM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I traded in my 2002 ram quad 2wd for the 2010 quad 4wd trx4 in deep water blue. First thing the ride is like no other. I took a real good look at the tundra, but it's made cheap. The sheet metal is thin. I got the 4.7 cause of the flex fuel and 87 octane. I don't tow heavy loads, but if you do please go hemi. If you are thinking of buying a truck, go test drive them all and I bet you will buy the ram.

2010 Ram 5SLT Quad Big Horn 2WD 3.92 LSD
By Dave on 06/11/10 19:17 PM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I drove them all and much to my surprise the Ram came out on top. The F150s are slow, noisy and thirsty, the GMs just aren't put together as well as the Ram and have a terrible interior. Won't ever go back to Tundra! This is the best riding & best performing truck I found. Towed 5600 lbs. so far, handles like a dream. Lots of power! The engine & tranny are super quiet & smooth. Very smart looking & quiet interior. Doors close solid & all hardware seems a notch above others. Impeccable assembly quality. Handles great with the 20-inch tires. Excellent braking, even with a load. Best gas MPG so far was 21.4 MPG. Local average 17+. Total average is 17.9. Never liked a truck so much!

10 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4.7 SLT
By Andy on 06/11/10 07:17 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I was towing with a 2004 Jeep GC with the 235 horse/ 295 ft lbs 4.7. I had a chance to move up to the Dodge truck as a more stable towing platform. I didn't NEED the hemi so I opted for the 310 horse / 330 ft lbs 4.7 ( big difference). I did get the 3.92 anti-spin rear and the full towing package. It is rated to tow 7300 lbs. I got 15 mpg around town and as of yet haven't had a chance to drive it solo on the highway. I got 10-11 while towing my 28 ft trailer. I should be able to knock off 20 mpg on the highway as it is taching 1800 rpm @ 60 mph. I towed in 4th gear pulling 2500 rpm at 61 mph.

Awesome Truck!! 2010 Dodge Ram Laramie
By 2010Ram on 05/16/10 18:31 PM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've had my 2010 Dodge Ram Laramie for about six months now and am glad to say that I'm as excited today about driving it everyday as I was the first day I bought it. It is loaded with every option to include satelite tv, dvd system, alpine stereo system, leather seats, heated seats and steering wheel, a/c seats...the works. It has an aggressive exterior look and the interior luxury of much higher priced luxury vehicle. No complaints!

My Big Horn Quad Hemi
By stgcret on 05/09/10 17:27 PM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I traded my 2008 Bighorn 4.7 for my new 2010 Bighorn Hemi. Man what a difference!!! Only one word comes to mind to discribe the 2010; WOW! Totally different from the 2008. The comfort and drive can compare easily with any of the 13 Lincolns I have owned over the years. The touch- screen is too cool. 30 Gig harddrive. I can record 6700 songs. I have been copying my CD's. I have 8 so far on my Playlist. The quality of the sound system is the best I have heard in any vehicle. Not to mention the 390 hp Hemi. Beautiful truck.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad-cab in VA is:

$141 per month*