Used 2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie Quad Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

RAM-1 OTHERS-0
By pabubs

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

After testing all (and I mean ALL) other pickups in this class I chose Ram without hesitating. It offers everything I wanted and fit the bill perfectly. I put close to 3K miles on it on a X-country trip this summer and averaged 22MPG on the hwy and 16.5 in the city for 19.1 overall. It also will easily accommodate the 6K pound travel trailer I intend to purchase in the next year or two. Dollar-for-dollar it is the best choice available.

W/O a doubt the Hemi is the top selling feature. The exterior styling is by far more attractive than Ford/Chev/GM or any of the foreign brands. Interior design is a good ergonomic fit for me personally and the rear seat legroom and space is second to none. The under seat rear storage is very handy and a good use of otherwise 'dead' space. The towing capacity of the 5.7L beats the competition as well.

I've seen complaints about OE tires and somewhat agree, but have to add that I've never experienced anything 'good' on a new car from the factory.

I highly approve!
By lkellyharley

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I'm not going into details because many other have already done so. However this is an awesome truck. I'm continually impressed by it performance and ride quality. I bought mine at the Dodge Big Event year end close-out, so I got a great deal.

Absolutly the Hemi. It's actually taken me by surprise and ripped my hands from the steering wheel. It wants to go more than I do and I like to go. Also, the MPG is very good because of the MDS shutting down 4 cylinders.

Ditch the OEM Goodyear tires. They wear entirely too fast and have near zero wet traction. I'm very greatful for the traction control. I may have put my truck in a ditch by now without it.

Best truck I have ever owned
By aangelovic

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is truly Dodge's best truck they have ever made. It had a very "solid" feel to it when driving. Hemi power is a must, you won't regret it. I like the quad cab because it is cheaper, only downfall is the seats are not as comfortable as the crew cab seats.

Hemi power and the MDS system. The ECO light lets you know when you are running on only 4 cylinders. This system saves a great amount of gas. I have the quad cab ,4x2, 5.7 hemi, 3.92 rear axle and average 17.5-18.5 all around.

Make the steering a little thighter feeling. Especially on highway driving truck seems to have a slight "drift". Make the back seats of the quad cab a little more comfortable for long trips.

Somewhat happy but problem
By Ramjet46

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Upgraded from 2009 to 2010 SLT Bighorn pkg with 5.7 hemi. 2300 miles and there is a distinct accelerator related, very irritating whistle or whine at around 60 mph. Took it back to dealer, Folsom Lake Dodge, and typical response said nothing could be done because this is normal with the hemi. Did not do it with the 2009 hemi. Do not know whether to believe them or not. This is my 4th dodge pick up, and the first not totally happy with. Seems like this should be a correctable problem if they would only acknowledge. Help.

2010 Shaking Steering Wheel
By SLT CharlestonSC

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this truck 3 days ago and have already had to return to the dealer to get a it fixed. I would caution anyone from buying one of these. Check the Dodge Forum about the death shake steering wheel problem at 60-70 MPH and also 40-45 MPH if you start off like this, it could be ugly.

Awesome ride except for the vibration that happens, it causes your neck and shoulders to hurt very badly.

Fix the problem before building more. Take a note from Toyota. Problems happen, find the deviation and fix it.