Used 2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT Quad Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Good But Not the Greatest Ram I've Owned
By Dan

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd Ram. I had a 2008 4x4 Regular Cab Sport that was a great truck. I saw this 2010 Quad Cab in Blue (online) and gave it a look-see. The power was even better than the 2008. I did well on the trade (the Red 2008 was in perfect condition) so I took it home. I started noticing the body creak/rattle almost immediately. Everything else is great-features, colors, interior fit and finish-just that creak. I go next week for a 3000 mile service (yes, the manual says 6000) so we'll see if they can correct my problem. More to come (good news-I hope)

Interior Colors, console-shift, Information system, better mileage than my previous Ram, Quad Cab has good room for passengers, under-seat storage is great. 5.7 Hemi is quicker, gets slightly better MPG and should improve (or so I'm told)

That Creak/Rattle sound on passenger side is disturbing. A couple of chat sites found by Google search says it is part of suspension "improvements" and can be corrected. Let's hope.

Great Truck
By John

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Our truck has the 5.7 Hemi. The MDS system took some getting used to, especially in town. The power is impressive and the available storage is nice. The ride is very comfortable.

MDS system is effective in improving fuel efficiency. Plenty of room in the rear seat.

Power pedal button could be better located. MDS system could be a tad smoother.

2010 Ram 5SLT Quad Big Horn 2WD 3.92 LSD
By Dave

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I drove them all and much to my surprise the Ram came out on top. The F150s are slow, noisy and thirsty, the GMs just aren't put together as well as the Ram and have a terrible interior. Won't ever go back to Tundra! This is the best riding & best performing truck I found. Towed 5600 lbs. so far, handles like a dream. Lots of power! The engine & tranny are super quiet & smooth. Very smart looking & quiet interior. Doors close solid & all hardware seems a notch above others. Impeccable assembly quality. Handles great with the 20-inch tires. Excellent braking, even with a load. Best gas MPG so far was 21.4 MPG. Local average 17+. Total average is 17.9. Never liked a truck so much!

The Hemi, transmission with TRS, solid body, interior quietness, on the road smoothness, ease of handling. Believe it or not, no wind noise. Flawless assembly. All controls are in easy reach. I opted for the dealer installed Bedrug which was a wise decision.

Really not much to complain about. The Rams are taller than the others and it is a complaint of my wife's, but after driving the others she said she still prefers the Ram. We'll probably add step bars. I wish the EVIC display would default to the last setting and the console had a lock.

10 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4.7 SLT
By Andy

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I was towing with a 2004 Jeep GC with the 235 horse/ 295 ft lbs 4.7. I had a chance to move up to the Dodge truck as a more stable towing platform. I didn't NEED the hemi so I opted for the 310 horse / 330 ft lbs 4.7 ( big difference). I did get the 3.92 anti-spin rear and the full towing package. It is rated to tow 7300 lbs. I got 15 mpg around town and as of yet haven't had a chance to drive it solo on the highway. I got 10-11 while towing my 28 ft trailer. I should be able to knock off 20 mpg on the highway as it is taching 1800 rpm @ 60 mph. I towed in 4th gear pulling 2500 rpm at 61 mph.

Much more powerful 4.7 , good turning radius. Very QUIET ride , soft ride with the coil springs, large center console, 2 glove boxes , exterior looks sharp.

Owners manual seems sparse with info. There was nothing about the tow haul mode or how it works.

My Big Horn Quad Hemi
By stgcret

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I traded my 2008 Bighorn 4.7 for my new 2010 Bighorn Hemi. Man what a difference!!! Only one word comes to mind to discribe the 2010; WOW! Totally different from the 2008. The comfort and drive can compare easily with any of the 13 Lincolns I have owned over the years. The touch- screen is too cool. 30 Gig harddrive. I can record 6700 songs. I have been copying my CD's. I have 8 so far on my Playlist. The quality of the sound system is the best I have heard in any vehicle. Not to mention the 390 hp Hemi. Beautiful truck.

Where do I begin??????? As the quote goes," I gotta get me one of these."

I haven't hit 75 miles yet and I know the gas milage sucks which was close to the milage I got from my 2008 with the 4.7 engine, but hey, ya gotta pay for the rush!!!