Used 2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

RAM-1 OTHERS-0
By pabubs

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

After testing all (and I mean ALL) other pickups in this class I chose Ram without hesitating. It offers everything I wanted and fit the bill perfectly. I put close to 3K miles on it on a X-country trip this summer and averaged 22MPG on the hwy and 16.5 in the city for 19.1 overall. It also will easily accommodate the 6K pound travel trailer I intend to purchase in the next year or two. Dollar-for-dollar it is the best choice available.

W/O a doubt the Hemi is the top selling feature. The exterior styling is by far more attractive than Ford/Chev/GM or any of the foreign brands. Interior design is a good ergonomic fit for me personally and the rear seat legroom and space is second to none. The under seat rear storage is very handy and a good use of otherwise 'dead' space. The towing capacity of the 5.7L beats the competition as well.

I've seen complaints about OE tires and somewhat agree, but have to add that I've never experienced anything 'good' on a new car from the factory.

I highly approve!
By lkellyharley

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I'm not going into details because many other have already done so. However this is an awesome truck. I'm continually impressed by it performance and ride quality. I bought mine at the Dodge Big Event year end close-out, so I got a great deal.

Absolutly the Hemi. It's actually taken me by surprise and ripped my hands from the steering wheel. It wants to go more than I do and I like to go. Also, the MPG is very good because of the MDS shutting down 4 cylinders.

Ditch the OEM Goodyear tires. They wear entirely too fast and have near zero wet traction. I'm very greatful for the traction control. I may have put my truck in a ditch by now without it.

Best truck I have ever owned
By aangelovic

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is truly Dodge's best truck they have ever made. It had a very "solid" feel to it when driving. Hemi power is a must, you won't regret it. I like the quad cab because it is cheaper, only downfall is the seats are not as comfortable as the crew cab seats.

Hemi power and the MDS system. The ECO light lets you know when you are running on only 4 cylinders. This system saves a great amount of gas. I have the quad cab ,4x2, 5.7 hemi, 3.92 rear axle and average 17.5-18.5 all around.

Make the steering a little thighter feeling. Especially on highway driving truck seems to have a slight "drift". Make the back seats of the quad cab a little more comfortable for long trips.

Buy A Chevy
By tinman60

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased a 2010 Ram.Started rattling at 6k miles.From New the gas door dosen't close.Put it into 4wd for the first time today to go over 6 inches of soft snow and now the truck has a wobble in 2wd.Never had this in driving my Tahoe for ten years.Have been driving American cars since 1976.I guess its time to rethink that.All that money 42k...wasn't worth it.been driving American cars since 1976.That will end. close

Looks great...Buy a Chevy

Don't buy a Dodge

Good But Not the Greatest Ram I've Owned
By Dan

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd Ram. I had a 2008 4x4 Regular Cab Sport that was a great truck. I saw this 2010 Quad Cab in Blue (online) and gave it a look-see. The power was even better than the 2008. I did well on the trade (the Red 2008 was in perfect condition) so I took it home. I started noticing the body creak/rattle almost immediately. Everything else is great-features, colors, interior fit and finish-just that creak. I go next week for a 3000 mile service (yes, the manual says 6000) so we'll see if they can correct my problem. More to come (good news-I hope)

Interior Colors, console-shift, Information system, better mileage than my previous Ram, Quad Cab has good room for passengers, under-seat storage is great. 5.7 Hemi is quicker, gets slightly better MPG and should improve (or so I'm told)

That Creak/Rattle sound on passenger side is disturbing. A couple of chat sites found by Google search says it is part of suspension "improvements" and can be corrected. Let's hope.