Used 2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Hidden problems...
By hawgwyld

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Loved this truck at first, then I started noticing a lot of annoying issues and outright problems. The users manual says it goes 6,500 miles between oil changes. I got an alert to change the oil at 3,000 miles and another at 6,000 (haven't done that yet -- got 6,800 miles on the truck and I'll get to it when I get to it). Air sensor is hypersensitive and goes off frequently -- takea a couple of days after filling up tires for the sensor to go off. Also, the stock Goodyears are garbage. Oh, and the thing now pulls to the left after (yes) 6,800 miles and sticking solely to blacktop. Dodge got my money and I got suckered. Gas mileage is far worse than estimated, too. Horrible purchase.

Crew cab and smooth ride.

A six-speaker stereo should have better bass response than a clock radio. Get rid of the stock Goodyears and get some decent tires on this thing. Improve tire sensors. Improve cruise control as the current one rather cuts out when it feels like it. Improve throttle response. Quit cutting corners, Dodge -- these trucks aren't cheap.

Love my HEMI
By Joe J

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I canít say enough about how much I enjoy driving this truck. I was in the market for a Silverado when I sat in the Dodge and was truly impressed with the comfort and spaciousness of the crew cab. If you want a similarly appointed Chevy, you should be prepared to spend about ten grand more. Once I drove it, I was sold. The 5.7 has tons of power and the coil spring rear suspension keep the truck firmly planted over the bumpiest roads. I needed a car that could do it all comfortably, and this is it. Thereís plenty of room to stretch out, enough room in the SB to stow the gear, and plenty of towing capacity for whatever you have to pull.

HEMI, crew cab, & EVIC! The fuel mgmt system gives you a few extra miles from each gallon, but when you need the power, there's plenty of it. Interior space is unbelievable. The EVIC is a great feature for for a mid- level truck. I most like being able to see real time mileage & tire pressures.

It's no economy car. Iíd love to see better mileage, but this is a big truck. The headlights are dim and could use a boost. Iíve not found a way to set a default screen for the EVIC. It always resets to the main screen, which is a bit annoying. Other than that, this is a really fun truck to drive.

Outstanding
By BJF

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This vehicle really turns heads Ė no, really. I never thought my personality would change while driving ANY vehicle but I have to admit, I feel like Iím on top of the world when Iím driving this truck. Out of all the vehicles Iíve driven/had this one I canít wait until I drive again. And with the 5.7 HemiÖ well, when you press the gas pedal Ė youíre going places. The crew cab option is very much worth its cost, as you have plenty of room both up front and in back to spread out and relax. I like the little extra storage compartments, cubbyholes, and drink holders. And although the transfer case isnít a new idea, I like its simplicity so my wife can operate the 4x4 when needed.

I enjoy the power of the Hemi and absolutely love the aesthetic of the truck! The aluminum clad wheels and chrome foot steps really pop with Inferno Red color. The stereo, Sirius, and the HHD sound system sound phenomenal. And I am so happy to get the 32 gallon gas tank option.

Of course, the gas mileage is less than desired, but with the 32 gallon tank and switching from premium to regular makes it a little easier. If I would change w things 1) would be that the two passenger vents in back blew harder and 2) the hard drive was easier to use and would let you move folders

Awesome Truck!
By SirAckman

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This truck truly disserves all the top ratings! My Ram is a 10 out of 10!! The guys at Dodge really exceeded my expectations here. When I think of trucks I think of performance and though I didn't step up to the big dog Hemi, I am still getting 310 HP from my 4.7L. It has the power to haul what I need and the speed and agility to cruise on the highway. It all comes together once I hop into the cab though. The very best thing about this Ram... the rear suspension. The payload on this truck is at or better than GM, Ford and of course Toyota, and yet the ride is 10x smoother. It's not typical to describe a truck with words like comfort and control, but the Ram is clearly tops!

Heated seats, Heated steering wheel, Hands-free cell phone operation, a 30 Gig Hard drive and a backup camera are all features I didn't think I would use too often, though now I can't imagine ever driving without them.

Fuel economy isn't fabulous, though honestly it's right in line with any other truck.