2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Hidden problems...
By hawgwyld on 01/30/11 20:52 PM (PST)

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Loved this truck at first, then I started noticing a lot of annoying issues and outright problems. The users manual says it goes 6,500 miles between oil changes. I got an alert to change the oil at 3,000 miles and another at 6,000 (haven't done that yet -- got 6,800 miles on the truck and I'll get to it when I get to it). Air sensor is hypersensitive and goes off frequently -- takea a couple of days after filling up tires for the sensor to go off. Also, the stock Goodyears are garbage. Oh, and the thing now pulls to the left after (yes) 6,800 miles and sticking solely to blacktop. Dodge got my money and I got suckered. Gas mileage is far worse than estimated, too. Horrible purchase.

Completely Converted
By bgerard1 on 01/07/11 14:20 PM (PST)

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Initially, the Ram was not even on my option list. But after driving F150 and Silverado, I decided to test drive one on a whim. I could not have been more surprised by what I experienced. This truck is so far superior, I can't believe it - and at first, I didn't want to believe it. If you are in the market, drive them all and you'll see for yourself - Dodge has grabbed the truck market by the horns. I am completely converted!

2011 Truck of the Year?
By Impressed on 11/30/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Chrysler may still have a lot of work to do, but I think they're headed in the right direction with the Dodge Ram 1500. The 3 points that guided my decision in purchasing the Dodge Ram instead of the Ford and Chevy trucks were value, power, and design. The price of the Ram was way below Ford/Chevy. The power of Rams 390 hp Hemi with 407 lbs of torque humbles anything Ford/Chevy has to offer. Interior fit and finish of the Ram is good and the outstanding exterior design attracts jealous looks from Ford/Chevy truck owners. And with the rear coil spring suspension the Ram soaks up bumps without bucking you like a mechanical bull. This truck is a winner, even Truck of the Year in my book.

LOVE the truck so far
By RamGuy22 on 10/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Just bought a 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 with the Big Horn package and SLT with the 5.7 V8 last week. It is the Light Sandstone and I get so many comments about how it changes colors depending upon the light, etc. The features are top notch and it rides/performs like no other truck on the market. Right now is the best time to buy the remaining 2010s (the 2011 are unchanged basically)! I was able to buy my $41K sticker truck for $31K! ($5,500 dealer discount, $3,500 cash back, and $1,000 Ally financial offer)

very nice bull
By jerry A307 on 09/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I like everything in this truck. You don't feel moving at 70 mph. Lots of power on this truck. Should get all the options.

Great Truck
By Nic on 09/07/10 11:36 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

The ride is the smoothest of any truck I tested. Performance is strong and responsive. The fuel mileage has been better than the EPA rating as well. This is a vehicle that each time I drive it I find more to like about it.

The Best Truck Work Or Play!
By James T. on 09/06/10 14:32 PM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I got to tell you, for someone who said he would never drive any thing but a Chevy, the Dodge Ram 1500 made a liar out of me quick I got the crew cab. This is the best looking best driving best riding truck that I've ever owned. My wife is not very big on any truck, but she love the outside and inside of my Ram 1500. I'm a big fan of 5.7 Hemi and, yes it's a little tough on gas; but you right feeding 390 horses, right? Dodge did a great job with putting a lot of storage space in this truck. It's just a great truck if you're working it are painting the town on a Saturday night! To the men and women over there at Dodge keep doing what you are doing because this truck is a 10 across the board

Luxury truck
By Seth on 08/31/10 13:50 PM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I traded in my 2006 Toyota 4Runner V8 Sport 4x4 on this beast. I don't regret it one bit and I LOVED my 4Runner. This truck rides almost car like. I say almost cause it is still a truck. Hemi sounds good and is very strong. Plenty of power for this big truck. This is the first vehicle I have purchased that has a learning curve with all the options. My only negatives are 1. paint quality is poor compared to my Toyota. Orange peel, fish eyes and over spray. I had to buff the entire truck to get it to look decent. Also, no side steps making it hard to enter and exit. At 46k this thing should come with side steps standard.

Great truck
By aangelovic on 08/22/10 19:44 PM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Great truck, not so great on gas though, but you should be aware of this prior to purchase. Ride comfort is excellent, not bouncy through the turns. Hemi 5.7 is plenty of power and tows anything without a problem. The dual exhaust in the rear bumper gives the truck a great way to tell between a hemi and others.

Love my HEMI
By Joe J on 08/13/10 20:02 PM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I canít say enough about how much I enjoy driving this truck. I was in the market for a Silverado when I sat in the Dodge and was truly impressed with the comfort and spaciousness of the crew cab. If you want a similarly appointed Chevy, you should be prepared to spend about ten grand more. Once I drove it, I was sold. The 5.7 has tons of power and the coil spring rear suspension keep the truck firmly planted over the bumpiest roads. I needed a car that could do it all comfortably, and this is it. Thereís plenty of room to stretch out, enough room in the SB to stow the gear, and plenty of towing capacity for whatever you have to pull.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew-cab in VA is:

$130 per month*