Used 2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Dodge Ram-pickup-1500 - Consumer Reviews

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Was a For man, now I'm a Dodge man!
By ramtrucks89

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I absolutely love my Ram 1500. I use to be a Ford man, but after my f150 started falling apart on me, I decided to upgrade. This truck is amazing and I am convinced I have the best truck out there. It has plenty of power, it rides smooth, interior is awesome, exterior is even better.. I literally have no complaints about this truck. It is definitely worth every penny!

Favorite Features

5.7L V8, auto adjusting mirrors that change when headlights hit them, Bluetooth capability, love the exterior and interior design.

Suggested Improvements

A more user friendly navigation system

Hidden problems...
By hawgwyld

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Loved this truck at first, then I started noticing a lot of annoying issues and outright problems. The users manual says it goes 6,500 miles between oil changes. I got an alert to change the oil at 3,000 miles and another at 6,000 (haven't done that yet -- got 6,800 miles on the truck and I'll get to it when I get to it). Air sensor is hypersensitive and goes off frequently -- takea a couple of days after filling up tires for the sensor to go off. Also, the stock Goodyears are garbage. Oh, and the thing now pulls to the left after (yes) 6,800 miles and sticking solely to blacktop. Dodge got my money and I got suckered. Gas mileage is far worse than estimated, too. Horrible purchase.

Favorite Features

Crew cab and smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

A six-speaker stereo should have better bass response than a clock radio. Get rid of the stock Goodyears and get some decent tires on this thing. Improve tire sensors. Improve cruise control as the current one rather cuts out when it feels like it. Improve throttle response. Quit cutting corners, Dodge -- these trucks aren't cheap.

Completely Converted
By bgerard1

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Initially, the Ram was not even on my option list. But after driving F150 and Silverado, I decided to test drive one on a whim. I could not have been more surprised by what I experienced. This truck is so far superior, I can't believe it - and at first, I didn't want to believe it. If you are in the market, drive them all and you'll see for yourself - Dodge has grabbed the truck market by the horns. I am completely converted!

Favorite Features

Ride is quiet, smooth, and responsive. Hemi 5.7 is amazing - punched it once and it felt like I was in a muscle car (seriously, prepare yourself before trying this yourself). I have been impressed with how often the eco mode is in effect and my mileage on new engine is about 15-16 at 90% city. As engine breaks in, this will increase slightly. Love the towing features, especially hill assist. Without doubt the best truck I have ever driven. All this and it fits in the garage! If they keep this up, Dodge will pass Silverado to be sure and will nip at F150's heels in no time.

Suggested Improvements

Mine was so well equipped, I just can't imagine what I might suggest. Add to that an amazing end of the year (2010) deal and I have no complaints yet. Was a little nervous about reliability, but Ram 1500 is only Dodge product Consumer Reports suggests so I passed on extended warranty. If I was pressed, my only suggestion would be that if they are going to equip the truck with all you need to have hands free phone, they ought to include it with the car standard instead of as an add on.

2011 Truck of the Year?
By Impressed

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Chrysler may still have a lot of work to do, but I think they're headed in the right direction with the Dodge Ram 1500. The 3 points that guided my decision in purchasing the Dodge Ram instead of the Ford and Chevy trucks were value, power, and design. The price of the Ram was way below Ford/Chevy. The power of Rams 390 hp Hemi with 407 lbs of torque humbles anything Ford/Chevy has to offer. Interior fit and finish of the Ram is good and the outstanding exterior design attracts jealous looks from Ford/Chevy truck owners. And with the rear coil spring suspension the Ram soaks up bumps without bucking you like a mechanical bull. This truck is a winner, even Truck of the Year in my book.

Favorite Features

390 HP Hemi engine, Exterior design (angry looking grill garners respect of other drivers, people think 3x before cutting you off), massive and creative storage, price/value, choices, ability to turn on/off 4x4 drive, fuel economy is better than 4.7L, thanks for separating hood from grill.

Suggested Improvements

Include bedliner, backup camera should be standard/affordable. Aftermarket bc only $60, put some real rims on truck standard not clads, improve interior with less plastic

LOVE the truck so far
By RamGuy22

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Just bought a 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 with the Big Horn package and SLT with the 5.7 V8 last week. It is the Light Sandstone and I get so many comments about how it changes colors depending upon the light, etc. The features are top notch and it rides/performs like no other truck on the market. Right now is the best time to buy the remaining 2010s (the 2011 are unchanged basically)! I was able to buy my $41K sticker truck for $31K! ($5,500 dealer discount, $3,500 cash back, and $1,000 Ally financial offer)

Favorite Features

Awesome style, function, fit, and features. The 5.7L is awesome and so fun with the Hemi.

Suggested Improvements

Like many, I want it all... 5.7L fun with 4 banger gas mileage. Maybe some day! The gas displacement system (shuts off four of eight cylinders when not needed) does take some getting used to, especially in city. However, this is nice when I get 19 mpg on the highway with my 5.7L!!