2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Hidden problems...
By hawgwyld on 01/30/11 20:52 PM (PST)

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Loved this truck at first, then I started noticing a lot of annoying issues and outright problems. The users manual says it goes 6,500 miles between oil changes. I got an alert to change the oil at 3,000 miles and another at 6,000 (haven't done that yet -- got 6,800 miles on the truck and I'll get to it when I get to it). Air sensor is hypersensitive and goes off frequently -- takea a couple of days after filling up tires for the sensor to go off. Also, the stock Goodyears are garbage. Oh, and the thing now pulls to the left after (yes) 6,800 miles and sticking solely to blacktop. Dodge got my money and I got suckered. Gas mileage is far worse than estimated, too. Horrible purchase.

Love my HEMI
By Joe J on 08/13/10 20:02 PM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I can’t say enough about how much I enjoy driving this truck. I was in the market for a Silverado when I sat in the Dodge and was truly impressed with the comfort and spaciousness of the crew cab. If you want a similarly appointed Chevy, you should be prepared to spend about ten grand more. Once I drove it, I was sold. The 5.7 has tons of power and the coil spring rear suspension keep the truck firmly planted over the bumpiest roads. I needed a car that could do it all comfortably, and this is it. There’s plenty of room to stretch out, enough room in the SB to stow the gear, and plenty of towing capacity for whatever you have to pull.

Outstanding
By BJF on 07/21/10 11:27 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This vehicle really turns heads – no, really. I never thought my personality would change while driving ANY vehicle but I have to admit, I feel like I’m on top of the world when I’m driving this truck. Out of all the vehicles I’ve driven/had this one I can’t wait until I drive again. And with the 5.7 Hemi… well, when you press the gas pedal – you’re going places. The crew cab option is very much worth its cost, as you have plenty of room both up front and in back to spread out and relax. I like the little extra storage compartments, cubbyholes, and drink holders. And although the transfer case isn’t a new idea, I like its simplicity so my wife can operate the 4x4 when needed.

Awesome Truck!
By SirAckman on 01/21/10 16:52 PM (PST)

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This truck truly disserves all the top ratings! My Ram is a 10 out of 10!! The guys at Dodge really exceeded my expectations here. When I think of trucks I think of performance and though I didn't step up to the big dog Hemi, I am still getting 310 HP from my 4.7L. It has the power to haul what I need and the speed and agility to cruise on the highway. It all comes together once I hop into the cab though. The very best thing about this Ram... the rear suspension. The payload on this truck is at or better than GM, Ford and of course Toyota, and yet the ride is 10x smoother. It's not typical to describe a truck with words like comfort and control, but the Ram is clearly tops!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 in VA is:

$130 per month*