2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
RAM-1 OTHERS-0
By pabubs on 10/26/13 16:56 PM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

After testing all (and I mean ALL) other pickups in this class I chose Ram without hesitating. It offers everything I wanted and fit the bill perfectly. I put close to 3K miles on it on a X-country trip this summer and averaged 22MPG on the hwy and 16.5 in the city for 19.1 overall. It also will easily accommodate the 6K pound travel trailer I intend to purchase in the next year or two. Dollar-for-dollar it is the best choice available.

I highly approve!
By lkellyharley on 12/19/11 14:37 PM (PST)

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I'm not going into details because many other have already done so. However this is an awesome truck. I'm continually impressed by it performance and ride quality. I bought mine at the Dodge Big Event year end close-out, so I got a great deal.

Best truck I have ever owned
By aangelovic on 01/15/11 07:53 AM (PST)

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is truly Dodge's best truck they have ever made. It had a very "solid" feel to it when driving. Hemi power is a must, you won't regret it. I like the quad cab because it is cheaper, only downfall is the seats are not as comfortable as the crew cab seats.

Somewhat happy but problem
By Ramjet46 on 10/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Upgraded from 2009 to 2010 SLT Bighorn pkg with 5.7 hemi. 2300 miles and there is a distinct accelerator related, very irritating whistle or whine at around 60 mph. Took it back to dealer, Folsom Lake Dodge, and typical response said nothing could be done because this is normal with the hemi. Did not do it with the 2009 hemi. Do not know whether to believe them or not. This is my 4th dodge pick up, and the first not totally happy with. Seems like this should be a correctable problem if they would only acknowledge. Help.

2010 Shaking Steering Wheel
By SLT CharlestonSC on 09/06/10 18:55 PM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this truck 3 days ago and have already had to return to the dealer to get a it fixed. I would caution anyone from buying one of these. Check the Dodge Forum about the death shake steering wheel problem at 60-70 MPH and also 40-45 MPH if you start off like this, it could be ugly.

Dream truck
By jp on 09/01/10 11:11 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Best truck ever owned, and in 40 years that's saying a lot, drove them all, hope to retire with this truck. People who I don't know walk up and comment on the beauty of this beast. If you need to pass another vehicle hold on it's like riding in a rocket. Move over vets there's a new King of the road. If you don't believe me try one, puts fun back in driving. This truck owns the road, Chevy and fords and the over rated tundra can't even stay in the beasts shadow. I'm elated.

Awesome Truck
By James on 04/28/10 11:27 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have only had my truck less than a week and I love everything about this truck. I traded in my 1998 ram that had 250000 miles on it. So if anyone says Dodge trucks aren't dependable long lasting trucks they are wrong. The gas mileage on the truck is awesome for having 390 horses under the hood. Right now I am getting just under 19 miles per gallon. I would recommend this truck to anyone that is looking to purchase a new truck. I test drove Chevy, Toyota, Ford and Nissan and none of them compare to this truck.

5.7 vs. 4.7
By Wildcat 1 on 04/01/10 06:43 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought an 09 Ram with the 4.7 V-8. This truck had difficulty pulling an 18 ft. travel trailer in Colorado. It would run for miles over 4K rpm to maintain 60 mph on I-25. Traded the 09 for an identical 10 with a Hemi. No trouble pulling a 20 foot travel trailer or a flatbed with a Jeep and 4 wheeler. Lots of power. Gas mileage is slightly less with the Hemi, about 15 city and 17 highway vs. 15 city and 18 highway for the 4.7. A trip from Oklahoma to North Carolina averaged 16.8 mpg at 75 mph. Drove into the wind both ways.

transmission
By dozer on 03/13/10 18:49 PM (PST)

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Just purchased, so far love it. Came out of a 2007 Toyota tundra (great truck). Shortcomings so far are head light brightness and transmission. Bought brighter (whiter) bulbs-no big deal. Can't get used to transmission (compared to tundra). Tundra has 6 speed trans with great gear ratio, - Dodge has 5 speed and 2nd and 3rd gear only have 300 rpm diff between them. Can barely tell diff between them when manually shifting. Can anybody give insight? Why would ratios be so close?

Great Truck
By bhslefty on 02/22/10 14:06 PM (PST)

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is the smoothest truck i have ever driven. The power is excellent and the value for your money beats almost any truck on the market. Test drove pretty much every truck on the market before i bought the ram. Best power, interior, options for the money.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 in VA is:

$144 per month*