Solid Truck
By learhopper on
2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 ST 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)
Bought a Ram after owning all the other brands over the years. Test drove all brands and the solid, comfortable, quiet ride combined with the 100,000 mile transferable powertrain warranty swung my vote. Also got a lifetime powertrain warranty as long as I keep the truck, no other manufacturer offered that!! I've put over 40k miles on the truck now with no problems.
Favorite Features
Solid feel on the road, very quiet ride, almost no wind or road noise. Stock stereo sounds great. Flex fuel capable. Looks great in black with black wheels and a Yakima roof rack.
Suggested Improvements
Would like it if the truck sat higher off the ground, I get a lot of questions about it being 4x4 or not. Stronger headlights, by far the weakest lights I've ever driven with at night, borderline dangerous. ALL 4x4 trucks should be equipped with tow hooks, don't understand why it didn't come with them. Going with 4.7L engine was a mistake, it burns same amount of gas as the 5.7 and is poor at towing, has to downshift to climb slight rises on the highway. Resale value has been disappointing as well, went to my dealer to see about trading it in and was quickly back in my truck headed home shaking my head in disgust.