2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4.7L V8 FFV 4x4 5-speed Automatic 5.6 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Rams are neat

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Review

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Rams are neat
By Mr. Hemi on

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have the 5.7L Ram. This is my third Ram and the one I should've had two trucks ago. At least this ones lives up to the reputation of a Hemi. It has much more power than previous year Hemis, handles better, brakes better and has more finishing touches like the 4 pin trailer connect mounted into the bumper, tire pressure sensors, box rail protectors (stuff that should've been standard years ago). My 09 Ram is 2mpg better (average driving) than my 07 was. The factory dual exhaust is perfect, it looks great and has just enough of a throaty tone when you step on it but quiet when you're cruising. The response time of the MDS system is quicker than my 07 was, no lag between 8&4 cyl modes.

Favorite Features

My favorite features of the 09 Ram. The 390hp, dual exhaust, lighted outside mirrors, better brakes, remote start, bucket seat package.

Suggested Improvements

Factory sprayed in bed liner. Driver disable option for MDS system similar to tow/haul mode. 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty standard. Electric differential lockers front and rear.