2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Review: Meets all my needs

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab - Consumer Review

Meets all my needs
By Craven on

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I am a sailor so I move quite often. I have a wife, two boys and two dogs. The crew cab was actually more roomy than the tahoe I used to own. And now I can haul all the things we need when we move. I have the TRX4 package with the 5.7 liter motor. The wife wanted a moon roof so we opted for that. Compared to chevy I like the fact that I can get the big engine I need without having to get leather and all that. Drove it 1800 miles with a 4200lb trailer right after leaving the dealer. Had only one issue with the outside temp guage, but Dodge fixed it no charge. Other than that the truck has been great. What a rush when you floor it too. Can't get enough of that 390hp and 3.92 gears.

Great fit and finish in and out. Very smooth ride for a truck. Wonderful for and instant adrenaline rush (minus the kids of course). Love the fact that I didn't need to get the laramie with leather and all kinds of other needless features to get the big engine, unlike other auto makers.

Why 390? Why not 400? Otherwise the truck was extremely well thought out.