2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Review: I'll kill the rating

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab - Consumer Review

I'll kill the rating
By canddmeyer on

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

2009 Ram 1500 4x4 CC 5.7 4wd with Bighorn 20's and 3.92's. Mostly, I like it. It doesn't ride as nice as my 1991 K1500, but just the same I like it. MPG is poor, very poor, and the ride is bumpy. The headrests are horribly hard, but still it's a good package with the employee pricing. Toyota's were many thousands more. Free Sirius a bonus too.

Giant crew cab. L/S always on, as the horrible Goodyear HPs are always chirping. Optional bluetooth works great, Bighorn, 5.7, and CC make the Ram very desirable, but the 20's are unnecessary. The extra storage bins are great, but the unlockable gas cap and glove boxes detract from the improvements.

Softer, adjustable headrests. Locking gas cap. Standard tow hitch. Get rid of the 20's which kill the ride and the towing capacity. Make the auto-4wd that comes standard on the Larimie's as standard across the line. My Toyota has auto-4wd, and it's six years old.