First American-made pickup
By Darren on
2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)
I was skeptical about buying a Dodge so it took me a while to decide. Too many incentives to pass up, so I went for it. Not sure what the resale value will be, but I love the truck for now. I drove every full size on the market, the Ram came out on top in nearly every category. Sorry Howie, I like the heated steering wheel! When the commercial says, ďit swallowed a luxury carĒ, itís for real. The ride is unlike any full size on the market. Fuel management cuts to 4 cylinders, but isnít annoying like the GM. The options on the Laramie are unbelievable.
Favorite Features
Interior is immaculate. Styling, comfort and ergonomics are not truck- like on the interior, but all truck from the outside and under the hood. Integrated Nav, MP-3, bluetooth are an unbelievable set-up. I think itís the best looking truck on the market. The ride is luxury car smooth, road noise 0.
Suggested Improvements
Fuel economy is average but acceptable. 47K and no splash guards-wheels run outside the body in front. No locking tailgate, should be standard. Sun visors too short w/no extension. Sets up high, needs standard step bars. All minor complaints, the truck really is awesome.