2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Review: Best yet

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab - Consumer Review

Best yet
By 4everdodge on

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned many Dodge trucks -- '91, '95, '96, '99, '02, '04, '07 and '09. The '09 is by far the best. Build quality is unparalleled. Have traveled in many Chev. and Fords, the new Dodge is far superior. Took this new truck on a 1,200 mile trip first weekend I owned it, horrible winter roads -- truck stayed completely composed even at high speeds on wet and icy road. Totally amazed at the ride, power, composure and competence of this truck. Great creature comforts and interior amenities. Much more comfortable truck than previos models. I look forward to many happy miles in this truck. I use it for business and travel long distances. Can't say enough about how impressed I am.

Favorite Features

Nav, stereo, head-turning looks, bucket seats with floor shifter, auto stick, u-connect, dual exhaust, interior quality, traction control, ability to impress my friends who own Chevys and Fords. Easily the best Dodge vehicle yet. And oh how sweet is that Hemi?

Suggested Improvements

Squeeze a few more MPG out of that outstanding hemi. Sure that MPG will improve as the motor gets broken in and loosens up a little. Sticker price was a bit steep, but manufacturer and dealer discounts helped to ease the sticker shock.