Best Truck I've owned
By Brad on
2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)
When I was looking to buy, wanted to upgrade to a crew cab over my xcab F150. I made a great choice. The '09 Ram has all the power I need, superb interior style and build quality, and the ride is smooth. It's a very fun truck to drive with the 5.7L Hemi under the hood. Dodge's MDS system is FLAWLESS in going between 4 cylinders and 8. There is no way you can feel the transition. Mileage is improving as I break it in, but I am expecting nothing better than EPA estimates. With 500 miles on the truck, I'm getting 13.5 mpg; all city driving and with a bit of a heavy foot. If you want a truck that is sharp on the outside, impeccable on the inside, and power to boot, buy a new Ram.
Favorite Features
AC/DC input; Dashboard computer; Quality of interior materials; Comfortable seats; rear storage in- floor bins; spacious backseat; Dual exhaust with molded rear bumper; Power rear window;
Suggested Improvements
Better shiftpoint between 1st and 2nd. Maybe find a way to put the steering wheel audio controls on the front instead of the back of the wheel. Integrated trailer brake. None of these are close to deal- breakers.