2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4.7L V8 FFV 4x4 5-speed Automatic 5.6 ft. Bed Consumer Review - amazing vehicle

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Review

ST Crew Cab Pickup (4.7L V8 FFV 4x4 5-speed Automatic 5.6 ft. Bed)

amazing vehicle
By defender23 on

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 ST 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I test drove the Tundra, Ford 150 and Chevy Silverado- all great trucks with tons of up-side features and technology, I've owned them all in the past, kept going back to the Dodge. Tried to talk myself out of it, but the rebates, incentives and research convinced me to go for it. So far, I'm amazed. Great handling, power, comfort and gas mileage (20/16). Drove 65-70 with 3 passengers and the bed stuffed with gear from my home near the Canadian border to Cape Cod through the mountains of Vermont and New Hampshire and got 20 mpgs. The ride was very smooth and the truck handles surprisingly well for the beast that it is.

Favorite Features

Well thought out interior- storage bins, information center, climate control, u-connect music and phone, mirrors and stereo. Hemi-power is awesome! Dual exhaust, aerodynamics and stance very impressive.

Suggested Improvements

Locking tail gate and fuel filler cap would be very useful. Backup camera for a truck this big should be standard.