2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Best truck I've owned
By PACKATK74 on 04/25/09 11:15 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've owned this truck for 2500 miles now, and I can honestly say I probably will never have to buy a new truck. The best ride, and nicest interior I've ever experienced in a truck. I bought my SLT with the 5.7 HEMI, best decision I've made. Just when you think this truck's going to bog down on an incline, that typical HEMI growl kicks in and you're taken to the next level. I've driven Highway, city streets and off-road, anywhere in this truck is a pure joy.

catch me if you can
By cuzican2009 on 04/24/09 17:38 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned a 2002 ram ( 5.9), a 2005 nissan titan, 2007 ram ( hemi ) and now a 2009 big horn package. the titan was the fastest truck i owned until I drove the new one, the power is GREAT. I love the ride on this truck, going over rail crossing used to upset the back end of the 2007 ram, but not in this truck, its great that they finally made an interior to compete with Ford and Chevy. I cannot believe how quiet this truck is compared to others that i have owned, diving down the interstate at 80, there is no wind noise at all. Stickered at $41K and with all rebates i paid $31K and got $500 dallors in accessory cash, so I installed running boards.

A great year for the RAM
By rip on 04/23/09 16:56 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is a SLT Quad cab With the 5.7 Hemi. I have to say, this truck was long overdue. After test driving all of the 2009 competitors, this monster handles all of them in just about every catagory. Where else can you get 390HP w/407FTlb torque and still get 14 City & 20 Hwy? The rear coil-overs make rear leaf springs a thing of the past. I pull a 3000 lb boat&trailer, and have never used the Tow/haul feature. Build quality this year is drastically improved inside and out. This was the last truck I had in mind when I started shopping, but its in my driveway today.(with no regrets so far)

WOW!!!
By 732ams on 04/20/09 21:08 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

WOW!!! I have been drooling over this truck ever since I laid eyes on it. I have the Laramie Crew Cab 4X4 5.7L HEMI. The sticker was 45700 and I walked out for 35500, great deal. The interior leather is all high quality and the mygig is awesome to use. The seats are very comfortable and spacious. The HEMI just tears off the line when you want and takes no prisoners when challenged (Ford 150 guys). The coil springs help this truck deliver an unbelievable ride of comfort. I'm glad that I made the decision to buy and will keep this truck for a long time.

Best Truck I've Ever Purchased
By macgeekpro on 04/15/09 20:36 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

In my 1st couple thousand miles of use, I can say that this is the best truck I've ever owned. The ride is very comfortable, the performance is excellent and the instruments are all accessible and intuitive. I live in a mountainous area and passing up hills as always been cumbersome....until I bought the 2009 Ram 1500 with 5.7L Hemi. I've driven many Dodge trucks as well as competitors and can honestly say that the new Ram the clear winner.

You DON'T mess with the RAM!
By JamesF on 04/15/09 12:48 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Got the "Bone White" 2-tone Laramie almost 3 weeks ago! So far I love this truck! This is my first truck so I did a lot of research into this one and others (Toyota and Chevy). For some reason I did not look at the Ford F150 or Titan. However, I found the RAM to have the best ride, exterior, interior and features. I know the Tundra has a great drive train. However with the HEMI and all of the new features in the RAM, plus the fact that I basically paid over $10K less than MSRP with all the incentives, 0% for 36months, I couldn't pass this up!

Huge Deal
By mrbrown on 04/15/09 10:47 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Sticker 39720 sale price 28500. I feel good. U.S. Gov. backed lifetime warranty. I've also got the 5.7 hemi and man can i say power. I only have 300 miles so far but I love it. I worked at Toyota for 5 years and that's all I drove and they don't even compare. My wife wants to trade me her 4runner for my truck. NO WAY! This thing is a lot fun to drive. If your on the fence about buying a ram go drive one and get the best deal out there!

Excellent Truck
By JBD on 04/13/09 06:32 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Excellent Truck for the money. Sticker 48k yet was out the door tax, title and license for $35500.00 (still can't believe it) Laramie trim is excellent, sound system and hard drive are great. Fuel economy is not bad for a 4X4 that ways in at more than 5500 pounds. Very smooth ride. Built in AC/DC converter is a great feature as well.

Love my truck
By Steve on 04/09/09 12:35 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I just bought this truck. I love the interior and exterior designs. The power is fantastic! All the bells and whistles are fairly easy to use. Although weak on gas mileage, it's a great driver. I wish the bed was 6- foot instead of 5.7".

A BEAST!!!!!
By Check913 on 04/08/09 23:11 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love this truck! I have the Sport Crew Cab 4x4 5.7L HEMI. The sticker was 42,600 and I walked out paying 31,500 with bed liner and chrome sidestep bars included. The truck by far looks and drives better than its competitors with performance like no other. I love that HEMI! The dual exhaust sets the truck off. I'm 23 years old and for the most part I drive like a responsible adult. I did put the petal to the floor one time to pass someone and WOW!!!! I was thrown back in my seat. The comfort is top notch and the amount of room it has is amazing. My truck turns heads everywhere I go. Black on black is sharp.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 in VA is:

$117 per month*