Used 2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Luv My Dodge P.U.!
By Karl

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've owned Ford trucks, Chevy avalanches, and numerous cars. This is by far the "most" fun vehicle I've owned. Sleek styling, power, practical to boot. My favorite story is a guy I work with had a new Tundra. As we travel a lot together in the office we take turns driving. He used to make fun of my "Dodge". After some time I let him drive it while out on the road. Now, he wants to drive it all the time. Loves the acceleration (can't keep his foot out of that Hemi) and how great it drives overall. I've already put 22000 miles on it this year and it's still as fun to drive as the day I bought it.

Favorite Features

Console shifter, auto climate control, auto 4 wheel drive feature. ( my 07 Dodge didn't have that feature). Bluetooth, navigation, rear floor storage, heated and cooled seats, heated steering wheel,throaty dual exhaust.

Suggested Improvements

That it would get 35 miles to gallon without losing any of that power.:)

Ford and GM, take notice
By Best Dodge yet

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd Dodge truck in 20 years. My last new 1997 Dodge was a jewel, never a problem, dependable as a swiss watch. My 09 Dodge has 21000 miles currently,dead reliably like the 97. I LOVE the truck, the Hemi is powerfull gets great mileage. Interior is top notch Ride is superb Buyers, BEWARE of some dealers that insist on rear end oil changes at 15000 miles. Victorville motors( VICTORVILLE CALIFORNIA) insisted that i change oil ($175.00) when the factory recommends rear end oil be changed ONLY in severe duty situations every 15000 miles. Spark plugs need changing every 30K miles( all 16 of them) at about $250.00. Read the owners manual first and save money

Favorite Features

The whole truck Life time warranty on power train

Suggested Improvements

Nothing really...

Best Truck on the Market
By Gary Cook

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This truck has super power and comfort. Fun to drive. Performance is fantastic. Fuel economy on the highway is very good, in city driving not so good. I like everything about this truck. I got the Big Horn Package, wished I'd gotten Leather Seats and Navigation. Quietest and smoothest Dodge I've ever owned.

Favorite Features

Performance of the Hemi and the quiet ride comfort. Mellow rumble of the dual exhaust.

Suggested Improvements

Try to improve the city fuel economy.

Rugged and Quiet!
By David Hopper

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 ST 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought the ST model with the 4.7 liter V8 Flex Fuel engine after being impressed with its power on the test drive. Drove all the makes and the killer warranty on this truck won me over. This is my first Dodge after owning GM, Ford and Nissan trucks over the years. Very smooth ride on the highway and on gravel roads, very little wind noise. Got 17mpg doing 75-80 on last road trip. Pitched the steel wheels and bought after-market 18s in black to complete the look. I do get the occasional question; Is it a 4x4? The body height seems lower on the new design. Overall, love the truck!

Favorite Features

Friendly ride, quiet interior, comfort. Rugged looks. Flex-Fuel option.

Suggested Improvements

Didn't come with remote key-less! Unbelievable! Tow hooks should be standard.

BUY THIS TRUCK NOW!
By Beaux

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

These guys hit a home run. I want to bake a ton of chocolate chip cookies and send them to the factory to say thanks.

Favorite Features

Looks like a million bucks, drives like a luxury car, throws you back in the seat when you need to hit the gas.

Suggested Improvements

Have yet to find improvement needed but only had it three days so far. I don't know what else could be done to it to make it better. Best Dodge I have owned (3) and best truck I have owned (6).