2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Great Truck
By Brad on 06/07/09 16:32 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my Dodge ram and Love it. Interior is a substantial Improvement from previous years. I have the 5.7 L hemi, crew cab, sport edition with bucket seats instead of the split bench. I test drove the Sierra, F150, and The Ram and always came back to the Ram. Sticker was 41350, walked out for 30000.

My First Hemi
By stomarty on 06/06/09 19:33 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Okay, I have only had this truck less than 12 hours, but I jsut love it! I have had 3 previous F150/250 and decided to try something else. I would not have decided on a Dodge Ram until I saw the reviews on the revamped 09' design. I bought the SLT Crew Big Horn Edition and what a ride it is. VERY smooth and Dodge did it right with all the storage compartments and nifty features. I looked at all the big makers and Dodge took my breath away. I recieved a very good deal on the vehicle even though I lost my butt on trade-in (not the dealers fault). You can't match the grumble on the dual exuast. I hope my driving days are much better!

This truck will not disappoint
By CanadianPrarieGuy on 06/06/09 19:12 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Desipte wanting to avoid a bankrupt company - I kept coming back to the Dodge Ram - it had by far the best ride, and the best vibe (love the rumble when you start it up). Decided to go with the Larime and the crew cab 4x4. Incredible room - can fit very comfortable my wife and 4 kids. Appreciated finding a truck that would put leather on a front bench seat. Great on the highway with very a very quiet ride. Sunroof, uconnect, dual exhaustm, nav, dvd -> all great. But in the end it was the: feel behind the wheel, the response from the gas petal, and its great stance when you looked at it. I promise if you take a chance on this truck it will not disappoint.

Dodge RAM 1500 SLT, 5.7L Hemi
By Stan Mlynarczyk on 06/06/09 11:59 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Have only 200 miles so can't say anything about long term reliability. This is a dream to drive. You feel you are in a (very big) luxury car. Hwy mileage is 20mpg if I can believe the display; city it really drops -- to about 14/15. On the hwy you can listen to classical music at low volume as the cab is so quiet. The switch between 4 and 8 cyls is unnoticeable. Initial delivery quality is excellent as is the fit/finish of the truck. The hemi is very smooth and pulls strong but I am babying it until it has at least 300mi. Definitely would recommend the hemi instead of the smaller engine due to mpg and smoothness.

What a truck!
By Dan on 05/25/09 14:41 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've had my 2009 Dodge Ram for 4 days now. I test drove the other full size American pick-ups (F150 & Silverado). By far, the Dodge offered the most bang for your buck. Both Chevy and Ford were also not willing to author the same juicy deal that Dodge ultimately gave me. The interior is really nice, even if you can't afford the Laramie. The Hemi power is ridiculous and the ride is smooth. Standard safety features are impressive. Uconnect and Sirius are great. Plenty of room in the Quad Cab for my 6 year old. MPG on freeway is impressive. Feels like I'm driving a semi with the higher road stance. My wife even likes to drive it. All in all, buy American and go with the Dodge Ram.

Great Truck
By Casey on 05/13/09 00:42 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Been looking at this truck online since it came out. I kept finding myself going back to it. I had a Jeep Grand Cherokee that I loved and I didn't need to get a new truck, but I had to go look at them in person, and then with all the incentives, I couldn't resist. I LOVED IT!! The truck not only looks great, but it drives great too. The other big trucks cannot even compare in styling to the Dodge. I had to have the sport. Wanted silver, got blue and have got so many compliments on the color!!My only gripe is that I wish I would have purchased it 2 weeks later so that I could have had the government guarantee. I just hope Chrystler/Dodge can pull through these tough times.

Rams are neat
By Mr. Hemi on 05/03/09 20:41 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have the 5.7L Ram. This is my third Ram and the one I should've had two trucks ago. At least this ones lives up to the reputation of a Hemi. It has much more power than previous year Hemis, handles better, brakes better and has more finishing touches like the 4 pin trailer connect mounted into the bumper, tire pressure sensors, box rail protectors (stuff that should've been standard years ago). My 09 Ram is 2mpg better (average driving) than my 07 was. The factory dual exhaust is perfect, it looks great and has just enough of a throaty tone when you step on it but quiet when you're cruising. The response time of the MDS system is quicker than my 07 was, no lag between 8&4 cyl modes.

Great Ride
By unclebill on 05/02/09 09:35 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this truck March 10, 2009 and now have a little over 2000 miles on it. It rides much better than any pickup that I have ever driven or riden in. It rides better than most cars. The performance is outstanding with plenty of power. Fuel economy is not bad for an engine of this size and power. The Hemi is very smooth and the MDS is seamless. I love the look of the truck and the interior is comparable to my wife's Cadillac CTS. I have the 3.92 rear end and was concerned about fuel economy but I have gotten as high as 21.5 MPG with it and this axle has great towing ability. I hope that the merger with Fiat will not ruin this great truck. I am very happy with this truck.

WOW!!!!
By Texas Ram on 04/26/09 02:09 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I recently purchased a 09 crew cab Sport. I traded in my 08 Laramie and let me be the first to tell you that Dodge got this truck right through and through. I had to drive 250 miles to get my deal, but after getting beat up in the 08, I drove home in the refined luxury of the 09. EVERTHING about this truck is designed with you in mind. Mileage, comfort, quietness, power, options, quality and fit and finish are all years above the previous model and better than competitors. I cant say how happy I am with the 09 Ram! If you can't Dodge it....Ram it!

This truck is fun!
By Big T on 04/25/09 19:51 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I took my wife and kids out one Saturday to look for a 4x4 quad cab. The truck had to seat six. Started with Toyota, then Nissan, then Ford, then Chevy, then Dodge. I got what I wanted for $26,000 with the Hemi. This truck was the best deal for the money. We took it out on the test drive and the acceleration is amazing. It put both my wife and I back in our seats. We traded in the Nissan Xterra we were driving for this. We love it! It's a beautiful truck and the price is about $10,000 less than the others. Plus, Obama backed my warranty for LIFE! God bless America.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 in VA is:

$117 per month*