2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
bogging down
By monette on 04/02/09 09:33 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I would like to know if anyone is having a problem with the 2009 crew between 30 mph and 40 that it feels like the truck bogs down and has less power also happens at 50 mph seems slugish. Also air noises in cab.This is my 4th truck some how its running performance feels different at these speeds. Anyone can help please do. I brought it to the dealer he said its fine but I don't.

Dissapointed.....Again
By Mike on 03/21/09 19:23 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought an 06 Quad Cab with 20" tires only to have Dodge buy it back after three months due to not being able to balance the tires. Ended up with an 06 Mega Cab that was great and ended up trading it in on a new SLT Crew Cab only to have the same trouble as I did in 06 with the Quad Cab. It has been in the garage each week that I have owned it for tires. They have tried Goodyears and BF Goodrichs with no success and I believe that it is up to around 7 different sets. It is a shame that a great looking truck still has the same issues as they did back in 06. They say it swallowed a Luxury car but evidently it forgot to eat the wheels!

"Deal of the Century"
By mikex on 03/19/09 02:43 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Well I don't have the laramie I acttually have the "Big Horn" but pretty loaded with a sticker of $40,130 plus $1800 in dealer installed options (Ram bed liner,Chrome step bars and Dodge molded mud flaps). I almost felt guilty driving away paying $29,110. Being a former Ford car salesman I know they were still happy to see it go. After the '04 F-150 debut I didn't think a pick-up could get any better but this Ram drives and looks like a dream, inside and out. That Hemi, Oh!!!! that Hemi! My best friend say's it launches like a rocket compared to his fathers 08 model. My word of advice, Buy Now! I heard financing was practically impossible, I promise you it is probable. + Lifetime PWRTRN War.

2009 is a huge upgrade
By Brent on 03/10/09 13:39 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Previously owned a 2002 Ram 1500 that I had no trouble with, but it was going to need some work eventually and I got a great deal on the new 2009, which after driving it, there was no disputing its superiority. I bought the SLT Sport Crew Cab and it looks great, performs great and is a true joy to drive. The head-turning of others does not get old.

Best Truck I've owned
By Brad on 03/10/09 12:37 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

When I was looking to buy, wanted to upgrade to a crew cab over my xcab F150. I made a great choice. The '09 Ram has all the power I need, superb interior style and build quality, and the ride is smooth. It's a very fun truck to drive with the 5.7L Hemi under the hood. Dodge's MDS system is FLAWLESS in going between 4 cylinders and 8. There is no way you can feel the transition. Mileage is improving as I break it in, but I am expecting nothing better than EPA estimates. With 500 miles on the truck, I'm getting 13.5 mpg; all city driving and with a bit of a heavy foot. If you want a truck that is sharp on the outside, impeccable on the inside, and power to boot, buy a new Ram.

MOPAR Scores Big-Time
By T-LOC on 03/08/09 10:22 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have been a Dodge/Mopar fan for years. I've owned many Jeeps, '99 Dakota, '04 Dakota, '04 Durango. They have al been better then the previous. I traded an '04 durango[family vehicle] and '02 silverado for this '09 Ram 4x Crew. It rides better than the durango and is more versitle than the silverado...with the incentives Chrysler had I am actually saving front end monthly payment cash from previously having two notes. This thing is a dream, only 3k on the clock. No complaints or critique yet. I will update my thoughts as time goes by this year

love it!!!!
By kevin on 03/03/09 08:15 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Had mine since January. Love everthing about it. Has the luxary of a hummer H2 which I have owned, gas power that rivals diesel trucks form only a few years back. For the money this is a great all around truck. There is always room for improvement but I personally couldnt tell you what on this truck. My wife loves it and she is not a truck person (I think the heated steering wheel done it). Probably put a leveling kit on it and go up one size and a little more aggresive in tire.

Meets all my needs
By Craven on 02/26/09 15:45 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I am a sailor so I move quite often. I have a wife, two boys and two dogs. The crew cab was actually more roomy than the tahoe I used to own. And now I can haul all the things we need when we move. I have the TRX4 package with the 5.7 liter motor. The wife wanted a moon roof so we opted for that. Compared to chevy I like the fact that I can get the big engine I need without having to get leather and all that. Drove it 1800 miles with a 4200lb trailer right after leaving the dealer. Had only one issue with the outside temp guage, but Dodge fixed it no charge. Other than that the truck has been great. What a rush when you floor it too. Can't get enough of that 390hp and 3.92 gears.

Can't Ram this Down!
By Mr. 173 on 02/25/09 18:18 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love this truck. I got the one with the sport package SLT. One step down from Laramie, You need to get one now. Got mine for 31K when MSRP was 41K. This truck is fast, I floored it and never broke loose on me, next I was at 80 in no time. I would not settle for less than the Hemi. Smooth & quiet truck. I had an 07 with Hemi slightly modified and this one is still faster. Got to get bucket seats, it goes better and just tell dealer to switch out tailgate with lock on it, I did. I tow a 18' ranger boat & don't feel it. Thank you Dodge for such a excellent truck..

Love this truck
By gnorvell on 02/24/09 08:20 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I recently switched from an 05 F150 King Ranch to the 09 Ram 1500 Laramie and haven't looked back. Dodge has hit a home run with this truck. I get remarks from people daily saying how nice a truck it is. The styling, comfort and performance are all impressive. The rear seat entertainment system is really cool too. My kid can enjoy the cartoon network 24/7 now. The only nitpick I have is the plastic chrome covers over the 20" aluminum spoked wheels. Shame on you Dodge.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew-cab in VA is:

$136 per month*