Used 2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Love it!!!
By Spring, TX

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab ST 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I just bought this truck and I love it. I have the Crew Cab ST. The interior is well made and comfortable. I love the rear storage in the floor. I have always been a Chevy guy, but I won't ever go back.

Favorite Features

Exterior design, interior design, nifty storage and quiet ride.

Suggested Improvements

Better wheels on ST.

What a TRUCK
By Stewart

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Second Dodge owned. Love the Crew cab. All can ride in comfort and leg room. Plenty of storage. So much that I forget where stuff is. Don't need need a tool box. Plenty of power, always giving a mustang and corvettes a good run. Kids get tired of always taking out the other trucks.

Favorite Features

Instant start! All the time and everytime!

Suggested Improvements

Drop the plastic, stainless steel trim should be available by now!

Dodge did it right
By Hemi Fan

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I can only say that I'm very happy with my purchase. If your looking for the best truck on the market, this is it. Can't wait to see if they come out with the 6.1L or 6.4L HEMI, I would go upgrade in a second. Love the power.

Favorite Features

I have the upgraded Alpine system, sounds great!!! UConnet makes phone calls easy.

Suggested Improvements

Looking for Mopar cold air intake so I don't void warrenty, wished they would come out with it already...LOL

AWESOME TRUCK
By Depar

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I drove 4000 miles roundtrip to get this truck in the color and equipment I wanted and it was worth every mile. I have always been a Chevy man but after test driving every truck out there, I found the Ram to be the hands down winner. I now know that I made the right choice for possibly my last truck in this lifetime.

Favorite Features

Engine, interior, sound system, quiet ride, suspension, the steering is a bit on the understeer side and I like this as it tracks better then GM trucks and just about everything else about the truck.

Suggested Improvements

I used the nav. sys and also a portable Garmin system on the 2000 mile return trip and Dodge needs to fix this as it would have never have gotten me home! The two seldom tracked each other and sometimes made no sense at all. And if you take a different route then it does, it takes forever to adjust.

big mistake
By fueledup

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I was turned on by all the toys. But what a piece of junk. I've owned many pick-ups in my life, but the ride quality in this tin can just plain stinks. You continue to feel a right to left up and down motion much like sitting in aboat anchored and feeling the wakes of other boats as they drive by. I owned this thing for two weeks. My combined mileage of 800hwy and 600 city was a whooping 14.6. I drove very conservative. I was so disappointed I traded it back and lost $10,000.00. It still hurts. I've never hated a vehicle so much.

Favorite Features

electronics were very good

Suggested Improvements

too many to list, but first and foremost ride quality