2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Solid
By Jon on 07/23/09 18:32 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

the 305/65/18E BFG all terrans and the American racing black rims make this already mean looking truck look down right scary. stock rims and tires are crap and will soon replace the lame chrome grille and decals to finish the "blackout" overall great truck.

Dodge ram 1500 st quad cab 5.7 hemi
By Drewby on 07/16/09 11:47 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Jumped on this after seeing 10,000 dollars off in my local market/This is a ram 1500 ST quad cab w/hemi and the 3.92 gears. First of the new coil suspension makes it ride like a couch on wheels.The engine is well super quick, i have pulled off 0-60 in under 6 seconds.Mine came with the 3.92 gears so is very capable of towing 10,000 pnds plus with ease. This truck sits higher and is wider than all other full size out there so if size an issue this may not be for you.' But for me coming out of my third Honda accord, "which i loved" it actually is more comfy but the gas well it is a big truck and i can squeeze 17 or 18 to the gallon, but hey it's a huge truck . A+ Dodge ram has a great truck!!!

Mr. Hemi 2.0
By Mr. Hemi on 07/13/09 09:29 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased an SLT crew cab in May 09. So far I've gone 3500 miles with no complaints other than after I got it home I discovered it had only 1 tow hook in the front (should have 2). After several calls and a letter to the customer care center I was able to get another hook. Still no rattles, no leaks, everything is fine mechanically. Gas mileage is 15/20 which is good for a 390hp truck! Plenty of room in the crew cab for hauling passengers. I'm still happy with the looks, performace and overall package. One nice feature is how the rear view mirror lights turn on when you exit the vehicle, nice for those dark driveways, parking lots, etc. I'd do it again.

A Great Truck
By Robert on 07/06/09 08:33 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I got my Dodge truck after owning F150's for 15 years. I tried to buy a new F150 but the Dodge dealer bet the Ford's offer by several thousand dollars. I have had my Dodge for 1 month and have 3700 miles. I went on a vacation and it was a great ride. Plenty of power I bought a Hemi and am very impressed. When I test drove the Dodge I liked the ride a lot better than any F150 that I have had. The breaking on the Dodge is much better than on the F150 and speed, the Dodge is far greater. My wife told me that she liked riding in the Dodge much better than in my past F150 trucks. I can not tell you about the reliability but the life time warranty was one of the reasons I bought it.

WHY DID I BUY ANOTHER DODGE PRODUCT!?
By Jonathan Howe on 07/03/09 09:23 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

i should have learned after owning my 1997 dodge ram 1500 4x4 and all the known problems with it that daimler chrysler knew about but never did anything about. plenum gaskets every 2 years, trac bars every year, tranny problems every 20k miles, and tons of cash spent for service after the warranty expired and i took care of this like a baby, but always had mega problems with it, and here i go and buy another one! someone want to give me a swift kick!? now anyone buying a new one prior to the bankruptcy will be stuck with any problems encountered. my cab is starting to leak in this truck and the dealership is trying to say i keep my window open every storm since they cannot find any leaks!

Leather seats not really!!!
By David Wood on 06/23/09 21:26 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Dodge Ram drives great and I like most things about it. I have just discovered a tear in the seat perforation and on close inspection found that my leather seats are really not leather at all!!! I am so upset, because I was told and sold leather---not cheap vynal. I only have 6000 miles on this truck and the vynal seating is already tearing apart.

New to Trucks
By David on 06/22/09 07:52 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is actually the SLT Quad cab with the Hemi. This is my first truck ever. Still in shock that I actually traded my nice VW for this be we needed more hauling capability. I've had it 8 hours and 70 miles, but I'm really impressed by the feel of how it drives. I thought I'd be creeped out by driving something this big, but I can now see why these things are so popular. Still babying it since I'm not used to it, and it's so new, but so far so good!

Best Truck on the Road
By jarrett on 06/21/09 21:12 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

What a truck. I have owned 6 dodge trucks this is by far the best. I love the looks the comfort(Cowboy Cadillac)and the gas mileage(22.5 miles to the Gallon)WOW!!!! Plus the great deal I recieved. 35000 MSRP Drive out 21200. What a great deal. I looked @ Toyota, Liked the trucked to pricey. Also looked @ Chevrolet. Nice truck but cheaply made. The 09 RAM the only truck for me...

I'll kill the rating
By canddmeyer on 06/08/09 19:52 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

2009 Ram 1500 4x4 CC 5.7 4wd with Bighorn 20's and 3.92's. Mostly, I like it. It doesn't ride as nice as my 1991 K1500, but just the same I like it. MPG is poor, very poor, and the ride is bumpy. The headrests are horribly hard, but still it's a good package with the employee pricing. Toyota's were many thousands more. Free Sirius a bonus too.

Stunning Drive and Beauty
By nevgator on 06/07/09 23:08 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I'm stunned how nice this truck is! I was going to buy a Toyota. But, the price, 0% financing, warranty, and technical features in the new 2009 made the Ram a clear winner. Now, having driven the truck in town and on one road trip, I'm stunned how nice it is. The highlights: very quiet, drives like a dream, rides great, handles great, very comfortable, and oh and it's a truck! It's hard to believe how great this truck, especially when you consider the things you don't see; lifetime powertrain warranty, stability control, traction control, air bags, and so many other features.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 in VA is:

$116 per month*