Used 2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews - 122 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

This is the best vehicle I've ever owned
By zxc1111

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I very happy with my purchase. The truck has a ride like a car and is a pleasure to drive. The 5.7 Hemi has plenty of power and the fuel economy is good for a truck. I have hauled several cars with a car trailer and a 23 foot boat with no problems. The interior is great and I get a lot of compliments. I have owned Ford trucks in the past but this is by far the best truck I have owned.

The interior and the 5.7 Hemi.

None.

Sweeeet ride
By STZ

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Patience has landed the best truck on the road today. The 2009 Laramie crew cab is my 3rd Dodge and by far blows the doors in of all the others. Quiet interior lets you actually hear the Alpine stereo or the rumble of the dual exhaust. Comfortable leather seats with the center console is the way to go. Styling interior features with all the beels and whistles, added storage compartments throughout in the design are A+. The comfort of the ride is near flawless. No more wheel hop on the highway or spinning rear wheels in the rain with the coil suspension. Power everywhere - the performance of the hemi shows in increased fuel economy. Way too much to list for this review. Lifetimepowertrain!

Everything! Two tone leather bucket seat and console interior. Amped up sound system. Dimming rear view mirror. Remote start. Bluetooth. Exterior styling, two tone white and silver. Crew cab room for a Mastiff and Rotti. Dual exhaust. Extreemly comfortable ride. 12K off the list price! Deal done!

Comparing apples to apples. These are just little improvement suggestions to compete with Ford's King Ranch which my fiancee drives. My Dodge is way better though. The mirrors should be the power folding type. I've never been a fan of the Goodyear tires either. The bed should be minimum 6 foot.

Awesome!
By moledad

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I Was shopping for a F-150/Tundra I decided to check out Ram 1500 before purchasing one of the others. Boy am I glad I did. Simply put this truck is AWESOME! Rides like a luxury car (rear coil suspension), 5.7 Hemi is unbelievable in power,acceleration & torque. Interior design is great with regard to layout of instrument panel, dials etc. Interior is very comfortable with great visability all around.I should point out that this is my personal car (not a working pick-up) and the only thing this bed sees are my golf bag/groceries and an occasional trip to Home Depot. Man I love this truck!!

5.7 Hemi,flip-up rear seats, center console with huge storage box, interior comfort & exterior styling, Inferno Red color(I'm a firefighter) and of course the incredible ride!

I really don't have any except to mention fuel efficiency. You're not going to get a 397HP power plant with great fuel efficiency. "It is what it is"...

Great Truck!
By jmb6958

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This truck is fantastic! The quad cab interior is very spacious and comfortable. There is loads of storage. The ice coolers in the rear floors are great to keep bottled water cold on a long trip. The ride is as smooth as my previous Lincoln, which is very impressive for a truck. I live on a dirt road and the ride is even smooth on this road. Cabin is very quiet, I would also compare it to the cabin of the Lincoln. Have taken on a long trip and averaged 17.5 mpg between 75 and 80 mph. City average is around 15 mpg which could be better. Have the big horn Hemi. Can I say wow what power! Uconnect for cell phones is a great feature to be able to talk hands free. If you are looking fo

Big horn Hemi, interior cabin comfort, styling, smooth ride.

Improve City fuel economy.

New Hemi
By New Hemi.

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Nice truck, ride is great if you are a first time truck owner and not used to a leaf spring rear end. No mechanical issues yet, towing is lacking badly, very sluggish bracking and motor is def. not made to pull any load off line. cannot complain about gas mielage. Also a few cosmetic issues, little things like weather stripping and cheap cover over chrome accents. For 30,000 plus they could have a little better quality control.

Power when not towing, interior comfort and quitness of cab at speed. Lifetime powertrain, not that it matters ill be moving back to Ford.

Get rid of the coil over springs and bring back the truck feeling with the improved towing, 6-speed auto tranny. Also, allow power and suspension upgrades with out voiding warranty