2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
You DON'T mess with the RAM!
By JamesF on 04/15/09 12:48 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Got the "Bone White" 2-tone Laramie almost 3 weeks ago! So far I love this truck! This is my first truck so I did a lot of research into this one and others (Toyota and Chevy). For some reason I did not look at the Ford F150 or Titan. However, I found the RAM to have the best ride, exterior, interior and features. I know the Tundra has a great drive train. However with the HEMI and all of the new features in the RAM, plus the fact that I basically paid over $10K less than MSRP with all the incentives, 0% for 36months, I couldn't pass this up!

Huge Deal
By mrbrown on 04/15/09 10:47 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Sticker 39720 sale price 28500. I feel good. U.S. Gov. backed lifetime warranty. I've also got the 5.7 hemi and man can i say power. I only have 300 miles so far but I love it. I worked at Toyota for 5 years and that's all I drove and they don't even compare. My wife wants to trade me her 4runner for my truck. NO WAY! This thing is a lot fun to drive. If your on the fence about buying a ram go drive one and get the best deal out there!

Excellent Truck
By JBD on 04/13/09 06:32 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Excellent Truck for the money. Sticker 48k yet was out the door tax, title and license for $35500.00 (still can't believe it) Laramie trim is excellent, sound system and hard drive are great. Fuel economy is not bad for a 4X4 that ways in at more than 5500 pounds. Very smooth ride. Built in AC/DC converter is a great feature as well.

Love my truck
By Steve on 04/09/09 12:35 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I just bought this truck. I love the interior and exterior designs. The power is fantastic! All the bells and whistles are fairly easy to use. Although weak on gas mileage, it's a great driver. I wish the bed was 6- foot instead of 5.7".

A BEAST!!!!!
By Check913 on 04/08/09 23:11 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love this truck! I have the Sport Crew Cab 4x4 5.7L HEMI. The sticker was 42,600 and I walked out paying 31,500 with bed liner and chrome sidestep bars included. The truck by far looks and drives better than its competitors with performance like no other. I love that HEMI! The dual exhaust sets the truck off. I'm 23 years old and for the most part I drive like a responsible adult. I did put the petal to the floor one time to pass someone and WOW!!!! I was thrown back in my seat. The comfort is top notch and the amount of room it has is amazing. My truck turns heads everywhere I go. Black on black is sharp.

The perfect personal use truck
By Casey on 04/08/09 20:49 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I test drove and was not impressed by the competitors....F150, Tundra, etc. etc., (although the Silverado was nice). I must say that the Ram 1500 crew cab with 5.7 Hemi is superior in many ways to all of them. Ride quality is very impressive. Power is impressive, yet fuel economy is very good with MDS system. My MDS is on roughly half the time with 50/50 highway/city driving. I'm getting about 21 mpg highway and 16/17 city. Do not underestimate usefulness of Rambox with bed extender/divider option! MSRP $40,000 - $6,000 EP- $2500 owner loyalty- no charge hemi- dealer cash-military discount = $26,700 + TTL. WOW! Nobody else even came close on performance or price.

Superman of Trucks
By gonzo14 on 04/07/09 07:50 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've owned Chevy trucks all of my life, and still own a collector Chevy restored 1968 vette. I was interested in Dodges Lifetime warranty, since I had my doubts about Dodge all my life. Well, after test driving the new Chevy Silverado and the Ford F- 150, my wife and I both agreed that the Dodge not only had the superior ride quality, handling, Power, and asethetics were all the best. Dodge must have changed engineers on this one, since it is way superior to any other truck on the road. This type of build quality will definitely make the company more profitable!! Correction to the type of truck purchased: It is a hemi, sport, crew cab, 4x4. P.S. I will still hang onto my 68 vette!! LOL

Best yet
By 4everdodge on 04/03/09 17:14 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned many Dodge trucks -- '91, '95, '96, '99, '02, '04, '07 and '09. The '09 is by far the best. Build quality is unparalleled. Have traveled in many Chev. and Fords, the new Dodge is far superior. Took this new truck on a 1,200 mile trip first weekend I owned it, horrible winter roads -- truck stayed completely composed even at high speeds on wet and icy road. Totally amazed at the ride, power, composure and competence of this truck. Great creature comforts and interior amenities. Much more comfortable truck than previos models. I look forward to many happy miles in this truck. I use it for business and travel long distances. Can't say enough about how impressed I am.

The COMPLETE Package!!
By Michael on 04/02/09 20:17 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Finally....Dodge has delivered on an upscale interior package. This is the 2nd Dodge Ram that I have owned and it is much improved over my 2003 in all areas. The HEMI is, well a HEMI!! I bought a 2007 Chevy Avalanche and it was a big disappointment....rattle trap with allot of little problems, so I traded it for the 2009 Dodge Ram Laramie. Test drove it once and had to buy it. The power it delivers is unmatched in its class, forgot what it felt like to drive a HEMI. Now it has the looks inside and out to match its performance. I looked at the new 2009 Ford F150 King Ranch, but the new Dodge has a better look/feel in my opinion. If your in the market for a new truck, look at Dodge!

SLT BigHorn HEMI
By jrod on 04/02/09 13:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Great truck! Shopped around the big 3 domestic trucks and after driving the new RAM I was in love. Truck rides and handles like no other truck I've drove/rode in. Mixed that with the sexy styling and powerful HEMI its an awesome truck! Gas milage is just as good if not better than my smaller 4x2 4.6L F-150 that I left behind for this truck. The cab is super quiet and I don't notice hardly any highway hop, that would be the coil suspension.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew-cab in WA is:

$171 per month*