Used 2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

The Best Truck in the World
By macgeek

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I had my 2009 Ram 1500 Laramie special ordered to my spec. This is the best truck I've ever driven. The driver's seat makes you feel like a pilot. Its got plenty of available power and all the creature comforts one could imagine. The styling is bar none the best in the industry. Chrysler integrated function with design, the curves are for more than just looks. Aerodynamics help give the truck better fuel economy and less wind resistance. My only regret is not ordering the camera for backing up to trailers.

Favorite Features

RAMBox bedstorage is awesome, powerful HEMI, I have a love/hate with the UConnect as it doesn't work nearly as nicely as Ford's Sync.

Suggested Improvements

Better interface for UCONNECT for both voice recognition and touch entry. Better integration for iPods/iPhones (Doesn't recognize playlists, etc even though it has built-in USB).

Impressed (And I'm not easily impressed)
By Kevin in Kolorado

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've test driven older Dodge pick- ups... eewwww. Then I was reading a positive magazine review about the new '09 models and the changes they've made. (i.e. coil springs) A few weeks later I saw an ad for an '09 it was $26,500 with free financing. What the heck. Drove it and bought it. WOW! Now I love it. My only complaint is I should have got the Hemi. (But, atleast I saved about $3,000.) Also, the extended cab is plenty of room. Why spend extra for the Quad cab?

Favorite Features

Sattelite radio. (How did I ever live without it.) Great interior styling. And the ride! The suspension really is better than the others.

Suggested Improvements

Of course the mileage. Will it ever be possible to have 20 mpg? And the 4.7L really is a little too light for pulling a heavy load. Shouldn't the 4.7L get better gas mileage?

HEMI Power!
By Jeremy

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love my new Dodge Ram. I had a 1997 Dodge Ram a few years back and can't believe that Dodge has completely remodeled and improved the Ram ten-fold. I finally, got an Hemi. I'm very empressed with the Hemi power and ride quality of this truck. I'm in the Army and I move/drive long distance, often. The storage and ride help my family and I on the drives. If you are in the truck market buy a Dodge.

Favorite Features

Hemi power and ride comfort. Lots of room and storage for my long road trips.

Suggested Improvements

Of course, more MPG and it wouldn't hurt for more power.

This is the best vehicle I've ever owned
By zxc1111

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I very happy with my purchase. The truck has a ride like a car and is a pleasure to drive. The 5.7 Hemi has plenty of power and the fuel economy is good for a truck. I have hauled several cars with a car trailer and a 23 foot boat with no problems. The interior is great and I get a lot of compliments. I have owned Ford trucks in the past but this is by far the best truck I have owned.

Favorite Features

The interior and the 5.7 Hemi.

Suggested Improvements

None.

Sweeeet ride
By STZ

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Patience has landed the best truck on the road today. The 2009 Laramie crew cab is my 3rd Dodge and by far blows the doors in of all the others. Quiet interior lets you actually hear the Alpine stereo or the rumble of the dual exhaust. Comfortable leather seats with the center console is the way to go. Styling interior features with all the beels and whistles, added storage compartments throughout in the design are A+. The comfort of the ride is near flawless. No more wheel hop on the highway or spinning rear wheels in the rain with the coil suspension. Power everywhere - the performance of the hemi shows in increased fuel economy. Way too much to list for this review. Lifetimepowertrain!

Favorite Features

Everything! Two tone leather bucket seat and console interior. Amped up sound system. Dimming rear view mirror. Remote start. Bluetooth. Exterior styling, two tone white and silver. Crew cab room for a Mastiff and Rotti. Dual exhaust. Extreemly comfortable ride. 12K off the list price! Deal done!

Suggested Improvements

Comparing apples to apples. These are just little improvement suggestions to compete with Ford's King Ranch which my fiancee drives. My Dodge is way better though. The mirrors should be the power folding type. I've never been a fan of the Goodyear tires either. The bed should be minimum 6 foot.