Used 2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews - 122 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Very Nice
By Hugh

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I replaced my 2001 Ram 1500 with the new 2009. No similarities at all. This was a huge leap forward for Dodge. The hemi is powerful and smooth. I am not a fan of the variable valve timing which saves on gas mileage by cutting out 4 cylinders when in low load situations. The only way to override this feature is to use the tow/haul setting which gives better shift points but it also won't let the transmission shift into 6th gear. I love the new look with the chrome package. This is a big truck and I recommend the side steps for easier entry and exit. Plenty of room inside with the new crew cab. The ride and handling while towing are excellent but power is lacking.

Design inside and out. Smooooth hemi. Tow package. 4 wheel disc brakes.

Option to disable the VVT. Brake pedal is too far left. Tow mirrors.

Best truck out there
By Jason

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

2009 SLT crew cab Hemi Bighorn. The '09 is a night and day difference from the previous generation; there is NO comparison. This truck rides like a Cadillac, and has more interior room to boot. With 390 horses on tap, you will surprise more than a few people off the line. This is the quietest vehicle I have ever been in, you can hardly hear the road noise. The seats are comfortable & supportive, there is loads of storage. The back seat area has 2 in-floor storage bins plus the ones under the rear seat. There are 5 cup holders. Thanks to MDS, the gas mileage is excellent for a full size truck. I get 13-16 city, 20-26 hwy @ 55 w/ cruise set, around 18 city/hwy combined.

Steering wheel audio controls, one touch down driver & passenger windows, power sliding window, 390 horses, rockin' factory stereo, bold front end styling, cavernous interior, power lumbar support, dual glove boxes, armrest storage, under seat storage, built in coolers, in-dash 110v power outlet.

The front seat cup holder tray should come out about an inch farther than it does, a typical large fast food cup will NOT fit securely because the cup holders come too close to the dash. The gas pedal needs to be moved about 3 inches farther to the left to avoid the drive line hump.

The Best Truck in the World
By macgeek

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I had my 2009 Ram 1500 Laramie special ordered to my spec. This is the best truck I've ever driven. The driver's seat makes you feel like a pilot. Its got plenty of available power and all the creature comforts one could imagine. The styling is bar none the best in the industry. Chrysler integrated function with design, the curves are for more than just looks. Aerodynamics help give the truck better fuel economy and less wind resistance. My only regret is not ordering the camera for backing up to trailers.

RAMBox bedstorage is awesome, powerful HEMI, I have a love/hate with the UConnect as it doesn't work nearly as nicely as Ford's Sync.

Better interface for UCONNECT for both voice recognition and touch entry. Better integration for iPods/iPhones (Doesn't recognize playlists, etc even though it has built-in USB).

Impressed (And I'm not easily impressed)
By Kevin in Kolorado

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've test driven older Dodge pick- ups... eewwww. Then I was reading a positive magazine review about the new '09 models and the changes they've made. (i.e. coil springs) A few weeks later I saw an ad for an '09 it was $26,500 with free financing. What the heck. Drove it and bought it. WOW! Now I love it. My only complaint is I should have got the Hemi. (But, atleast I saved about $3,000.) Also, the extended cab is plenty of room. Why spend extra for the Quad cab?

Sattelite radio. (How did I ever live without it.) Great interior styling. And the ride! The suspension really is better than the others.

Of course the mileage. Will it ever be possible to have 20 mpg? And the 4.7L really is a little too light for pulling a heavy load. Shouldn't the 4.7L get better gas mileage?

HEMI Power!
By Jeremy

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love my new Dodge Ram. I had a 1997 Dodge Ram a few years back and can't believe that Dodge has completely remodeled and improved the Ram ten-fold. I finally, got an Hemi. I'm very empressed with the Hemi power and ride quality of this truck. I'm in the Army and I move/drive long distance, often. The storage and ride help my family and I on the drives. If you are in the truck market buy a Dodge.

Hemi power and ride comfort. Lots of room and storage for my long road trips.

Of course, more MPG and it wouldn't hurt for more power.