2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
A Winner
By John Guilbault on 08/26/09 20:02 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I'm a week into owning my new Dodge Ram 1500, and I have to say I'm very happy. I have the regular cab, 2WD, short-bed version with the 5.7 liter Hemi engine. From inside, outside and any angle you care to look from, this is a beautiful truck. Dodge stylists did a great job of working out every detail. The ride is the best I've ever experienced in a truck. The Hemi engine is wickedly strong, too. Very easy to get a speeding ticket in this thing, I think. The interior is nicely thought-out, with lots of storage and an attractive dash. I found a comfortable driving position almost immediately. Outside noise barely intrudes at all. All-in-all, an excellent choice.

awesome pick-up
By ramfan on 08/26/09 17:46 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

The performance of this p. U. W 3:92 axle is almost unbelievable. Ride is very gd and the truck is quieter than the ram I traded. This is my 6th ram and everyone was excellent. No Major problems with any. 2009 is the best yet. A friend has a hemi w/vvt etc. And claims 19 mpg to and from work. Wld rec. This pick-up to any and all. Don't forget lifetime drivetrain warranty.

AWESOME TRUCK
By Depar on 08/25/09 21:11 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I drove 4000 miles roundtrip to get this truck in the color and equipment I wanted and it was worth every mile. I have always been a Chevy man but after test driving every truck out there, I found the Ram to be the hands down winner. I now know that I made the right choice for possibly my last truck in this lifetime.

I Really Like My Dodge Ram
By Mrlucky2 on 08/25/09 11:54 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've only owned it a month or so but I'm very happy with the truck. I test drove Ford and Chevy and between the warranty and dealer deal, as well as the great ride and styling I was sold. I tow a trailer and it tows very well. I wish it had a few extra options like a camera and better stereo but I'm still content. I had it detailed and the paint actually looks very good. The trim and body all line up well and the interior noise is low for a truck.

10,000 miles and I love this truck
By Stan Mlynarczyk on 08/18/09 19:15 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Now that I have 10K miles on the truck,I can state that this is the best car/truck I have ever owned (I have owned VW/SAAB/Subaru/ISUZU/Toyota/GM/FORD). Getting between 20 and 22 on the hwy. The hemi is astounding for power but also is refined/smooth and economical (mpg does drop in the city to about 14-16). Interior is very comfortable for long trips. Very nimble for such a large truck and I don't think twice about taking it to the grocery store or shopping. Not one thing needed to be fixed since delivery. I am absolutely amazed with the quality. I love the 120v power inverter and all of the little thoughtful touches; Dodge really went out of their way to make it livable.

big mistake
By fueledup on 08/14/09 11:29 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I was turned on by all the toys. But what a piece of junk. I've owned many pick-ups in my life, but the ride quality in this tin can just plain stinks. You continue to feel a right to left up and down motion much like sitting in aboat anchored and feeling the wakes of other boats as they drive by. I owned this thing for two weeks. My combined mileage of 800hwy and 600 city was a whooping 14.6. I drove very conservative. I was so disappointed I traded it back and lost $10,000.00. It still hurts. I've never hated a vehicle so much.

#1 Full Size
By SARam on 08/09/09 00:20 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I just traded in my 08 Ram Laramie for a 09 Sport. No problems with my 08 but could not resist the 09. Dodge really put innovation and quality in mind with the redesign. I have driven every full size, and you cant touch the new ram. Power, performance, comfort, tech, and price. It's got a HEMI, need I say more! MPG is improved from 08 average 16 MPG mixed driving, vs 14.5 in my 08. The truck is quiet and sure footed. The new suspension rocks! Quality is not Mopars best suit, but they are spot on with the RAM. I hope this is the flagship of products to come. Don't let the "old" Chrysler deter you, they ARE listening to us, the consumer! Grab life by the horns!

Best truck on the road hands down
By John on 08/05/09 12:17 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Been a long time dodge fan. My father headed up the glass plant for years in Detroit for Chrysler so I have been hooked on dodge for years. Owned 4 rams now, by far this is the best one. Comfort is top rated and driveability is outstanding. Hold on when you put the petal to the metal - it will set you back in the seat. More leg room in rear plus an added surprise vents for the backseat for cold air to reach whoever's in the backseat. Towing my boat is no problem, sometimes I forget it is back there. So you can keep your fords and your gms also no foreign trucks for me - dodge is back and going to be around for a long time to come.

Rebuilt 2009 is still the best
By james crump on 08/03/09 09:38 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

After a near total of the truck in a wreck, it is still the best dodge truck I have ever driven or owned. I love the reworked rear-end and the style of the front and rear exteriors. The inside has a little ways to go but, better than the 2001, 2006 and 2008 by far. Classic with the feel of today. That's Dodge and that is still the truck of tomorrow.

amazing vehicle
By defender23 on 07/26/09 12:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 ST 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I test drove the Tundra, Ford 150 and Chevy Silverado- all great trucks with tons of up-side features and technology, I've owned them all in the past, kept going back to the Dodge. Tried to talk myself out of it, but the rebates, incentives and research convinced me to go for it. So far, I'm amazed. Great handling, power, comfort and gas mileage (20/16). Drove 65-70 with 3 passengers and the bed stuffed with gear from my home near the Canadian border to Cape Cod through the mountains of Vermont and New Hampshire and got 20 mpgs. The ride was very smooth and the truck handles surprisingly well for the beast that it is.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 in VA is:

$117 per month*