2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
This truck is fun!
By Big T on 04/25/09 19:51 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I took my wife and kids out one Saturday to look for a 4x4 quad cab. The truck had to seat six. Started with Toyota, then Nissan, then Ford, then Chevy, then Dodge. I got what I wanted for $26,000 with the Hemi. This truck was the best deal for the money. We took it out on the test drive and the acceleration is amazing. It put both my wife and I back in our seats. We traded in the Nissan Xterra we were driving for this. We love it! It's a beautiful truck and the price is about $10,000 less than the others. Plus, Obama backed my warranty for LIFE! God bless America.

Best truck I've owned
By PACKATK74 on 04/25/09 11:15 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've owned this truck for 2500 miles now, and I can honestly say I probably will never have to buy a new truck. The best ride, and nicest interior I've ever experienced in a truck. I bought my SLT with the 5.7 HEMI, best decision I've made. Just when you think this truck's going to bog down on an incline, that typical HEMI growl kicks in and you're taken to the next level. I've driven Highway, city streets and off-road, anywhere in this truck is a pure joy.

A great year for the RAM
By rip on 04/23/09 16:56 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is a SLT Quad cab With the 5.7 Hemi. I have to say, this truck was long overdue. After test driving all of the 2009 competitors, this monster handles all of them in just about every catagory. Where else can you get 390HP w/407FTlb torque and still get 14 City & 20 Hwy? The rear coil-overs make rear leaf springs a thing of the past. I pull a 3000 lb boat&trailer, and have never used the Tow/haul feature. Build quality this year is drastically improved inside and out. This was the last truck I had in mind when I started shopping, but its in my driveway today.(with no regrets so far)

best in class
By Mike7642 on 03/31/09 19:44 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Best riding truck I have ever owned. I have had GM, Toyota and Ford, this is by far the best.

Great combo of power and mileage
By james roberts on 02/24/09 17:20 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned Chevy and Ford but this Dodge is the real deal. I chose the 3.21 rear gear because I mainly do highway. Easily will do 22mpg and have gotten as high as 24.9. Great power. Will really move down the road when necessary. Ride is great and even my Chevy loving 12 year old is now a Dodge fan!

Hold on to your tailpipes
By Gr8 Pumpkin on 02/04/09 14:30 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have been a die hard Toyota owner for the past 10 years and this Dodge has sold me over. The 5.7 Hemi has more than enough power and is exceptionally smooth. The new rear coil suspension handles bumps as well as it handles daily driving. It's worth buying this truck just for the suspension upgrades. Trim appointments are solid. Excellent gauge and comfort control placement. Driving this truck is too easy. The body balance and overall control belies the weight of this vehicle. If your contemplating buying an 08' instead of a 09' don't do it. It's clear that Chrysler dumped a lot of technology into the 09's. The difference is night and day.

Traded My Tundra
By Rbrous on 01/15/09 16:54 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

My last 4 vehicles purchased have been Lexus and Toyota (ES 330, Sequoia, Tundra and a run-about Corolla). I was going to buy another Tundra until I saw the Ram on the road. I test drove and was sold immediately. The ride is amazing, you actually forget you are in a truck. Everything about this truck is big. The Ram has won me over. And it feels good to buy American! My truck also came with a locking tailgate. It's an option

Wow...Best engineering in anywhere!
By Tom on 12/17/08 20:09 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Just can't believe how good the 2009 Ram 1500 is! I would put this quality engineering against BMW, Mercedes, Toyota or anybody out there. Simply put, the best. You gotta drive this to believe it. Rides like a Mercedes with incredible power, speed, acceleration, comfort, you name it. Job well done Dodge engineers. Get the Hemi V8 and the 5 speed automatic, essential options. Everything else get what you like, they are all good, depends on what you like. Really nice interior overall, well thought out. If you want the deal of your life, get it now. Really unbelievable buying opportunities out there. Best vehicle out there and I have driven most everything.

The Best Truck Ever
By Smoothbassman on 11/08/08 03:39 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

The new Ram is an exciting new vehicle in the Dodge lineup. The design is aggressive the interior is beautiful the motor is solid and it's incredibly quiet on the highway. The rear 4 link suspension makes this truck ride so smooth it feels like a luxury vehicle. The wrap around console keeps everything within reach and everything is where you expect it to be. The nighttime display is very nice. Hands down I drove an F-150 and a Silverado and this was the smoothest and best looking truck of them all. Also the price was the cheapest of all of them! You can't go wrong with the new 2009 Ram

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad-cab in VA is:

$134 per month*