2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Broke the Mold
By Shawn E. on 01/16/10 23:53 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

2 tone paint on my Laramie is awesome. Leather heated seats and nav. I love this truck. I use it for work (own landscaping business). Can't see myself driving anything else. Didn't have interaction with anyone else at dealership other than my salesman. Seemed like a great guy, knew his stuff and was helpful. Get a Ram and you wont be sorry.

A Winner For Dodge Trucks
By A HEMI GUY on 01/01/10 06:25 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've bought around 15 new trucks in my lifetime and I have to tell you this is the best truck I have ever owned!! I switched from Chevy's to Dodge in 1977 and have been with Dodge since. I traded a 2003 SLT quadcab,Hemi, with a 3:73 axle, and a 5 speed manual tranny with 90,000 miles on it. No major problems in the 6 years I owned it.Traded it for a 2009 Quadcab,TRX 4x4,cloth bucket seats and a floor mounted shifter.Electric rear slider,frostplug heater,aluminum wheels with 275x70x17" tires.Anti-spin differential with a 3:92 axle.Color is Sunburst Orange. My old truck had a towing capacity of only 8500 lbs and this one has a towIng capacity of 10,000 lbs.Dodge has a "WINNER". No regrets!!!

Drives like SUV-Family fun
By Centralpa outdoorman on 12/30/09 13:08 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is a family vechile. The confort and space that you need for travel and camping or hunting fun. When I was looking at other truck most of them felt like a work truck but this truck has the confort of SUV.

Very Nice
By Hugh on 12/17/09 17:58 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I replaced my 2001 Ram 1500 with the new 2009. No similarities at all. This was a huge leap forward for Dodge. The hemi is powerful and smooth. I am not a fan of the variable valve timing which saves on gas mileage by cutting out 4 cylinders when in low load situations. The only way to override this feature is to use the tow/haul setting which gives better shift points but it also won't let the transmission shift into 6th gear. I love the new look with the chrome package. This is a big truck and I recommend the side steps for easier entry and exit. Plenty of room inside with the new crew cab. The ride and handling while towing are excellent but power is lacking.

Best truck out there
By Jason on 12/13/09 20:36 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

2009 SLT crew cab Hemi Bighorn. The '09 is a night and day difference from the previous generation; there is NO comparison. This truck rides like a Cadillac, and has more interior room to boot. With 390 horses on tap, you will surprise more than a few people off the line. This is the quietest vehicle I have ever been in, you can hardly hear the road noise. The seats are comfortable & supportive, there is loads of storage. The back seat area has 2 in-floor storage bins plus the ones under the rear seat. There are 5 cup holders. Thanks to MDS, the gas mileage is excellent for a full size truck. I get 13-16 city, 20-26 hwy @ 55 w/ cruise set, around 18 city/hwy combined.

The Best Truck in the World
By macgeek on 12/05/09 16:17 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I had my 2009 Ram 1500 Laramie special ordered to my spec. This is the best truck I've ever driven. The driver's seat makes you feel like a pilot. Its got plenty of available power and all the creature comforts one could imagine. The styling is bar none the best in the industry. Chrysler integrated function with design, the curves are for more than just looks. Aerodynamics help give the truck better fuel economy and less wind resistance. My only regret is not ordering the camera for backing up to trailers.

Impressed (And I'm not easily impressed)
By Kevin in Kolorado on 11/25/09 16:31 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've test driven older Dodge pick- ups... eewwww. Then I was reading a positive magazine review about the new '09 models and the changes they've made. (i.e. coil springs) A few weeks later I saw an ad for an '09 it was $26,500 with free financing. What the heck. Drove it and bought it. WOW! Now I love it. My only complaint is I should have got the Hemi. (But, atleast I saved about $3,000.) Also, the extended cab is plenty of room. Why spend extra for the Quad cab?

HEMI Power!
By Jeremy on 11/25/09 12:23 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love my new Dodge Ram. I had a 1997 Dodge Ram a few years back and can't believe that Dodge has completely remodeled and improved the Ram ten-fold. I finally, got an Hemi. I'm very empressed with the Hemi power and ride quality of this truck. I'm in the Army and I move/drive long distance, often. The storage and ride help my family and I on the drives. If you are in the truck market buy a Dodge.

This is the best vehicle I've ever owned
By zxc1111 on 11/25/09 07:42 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I very happy with my purchase. The truck has a ride like a car and is a pleasure to drive. The 5.7 Hemi has plenty of power and the fuel economy is good for a truck. I have hauled several cars with a car trailer and a 23 foot boat with no problems. The interior is great and I get a lot of compliments. I have owned Ford trucks in the past but this is by far the best truck I have owned.

Sweeeet ride
By STZ on 11/22/09 10:05 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Patience has landed the best truck on the road today. The 2009 Laramie crew cab is my 3rd Dodge and by far blows the doors in of all the others. Quiet interior lets you actually hear the Alpine stereo or the rumble of the dual exhaust. Comfortable leather seats with the center console is the way to go. Styling interior features with all the beels and whistles, added storage compartments throughout in the design are A+. The comfort of the ride is near flawless. No more wheel hop on the highway or spinning rear wheels in the rain with the coil suspension. Power everywhere - the performance of the hemi shows in increased fuel economy. Way too much to list for this review. Lifetimepowertrain!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 in NJ is:

$200 per month*