Used 2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Dodge did it right
By Hemi Fan

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I can only say that I'm very happy with my purchase. If your looking for the best truck on the market, this is it. Can't wait to see if they come out with the 6.1L or 6.4L HEMI, I would go upgrade in a second. Love the power.

I have the upgraded Alpine system, sounds great!!! UConnet makes phone calls easy.

Looking for Mopar cold air intake so I don't void warrenty, wished they would come out with it already...LOL

Like it was designed for me
By Ram Sport

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Love this truck! I ordered the regular cab short bed 5.7L Hemi 4x4 Sport. I've owned Chevy's and Fords, but never a Dodge. Did a lot of research before this purchase. For the first time in a long time, it's fun driving to and from work. This is a hot rod that can work as well. It corners, accelerates, hauls, and pulls a landscape trailer like it isn't even there. As others have said, the ride is phenomenal. Plenty of interior storage space, even though it's a regular cab. Did I mention I love this truck?

Hemi! Aggressive looks. I had a person parked in front of me say it looked like my truck was going to eat her car. Truck is a head turner. Took it to a few cruise-in's and got a lot of questions each time. Factory duals rock. U-connect and nav systems are great.

Headlights. High beam pattern stinks! Not much better than the low beams on my old Avalanche. Could be because it sits higher, though. Aftermarket Crystal Fusion windshield treatment is a waste of money. No better than self applied Rain-X, but a lot more expensive.

A Winner
By John Guilbault

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I'm a week into owning my new Dodge Ram 1500, and I have to say I'm very happy. I have the regular cab, 2WD, short-bed version with the 5.7 liter Hemi engine. From inside, outside and any angle you care to look from, this is a beautiful truck. Dodge stylists did a great job of working out every detail. The ride is the best I've ever experienced in a truck. The Hemi engine is wickedly strong, too. Very easy to get a speeding ticket in this thing, I think. The interior is nicely thought-out, with lots of storage and an attractive dash. I found a comfortable driving position almost immediately. Outside noise barely intrudes at all. All-in-all, an excellent choice.

Programmable convenience features. 3-blink turn signals. Supple ride. Strong engine. Great looks inside and out.

Cruise control buttons a little awkward to use.

awesome pick-up
By ramfan

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

The performance of this p. U. W 3:92 axle is almost unbelievable. Ride is very gd and the truck is quieter than the ram I traded. This is my 6th ram and everyone was excellent. No Major problems with any. 2009 is the best yet. A friend has a hemi w/vvt etc. And claims 19 mpg to and from work. Wld rec. This pick-up to any and all. Don't forget lifetime drivetrain warranty.

hemi

body colored rub strips to prevent parking dings.

AWESOME TRUCK
By Depar

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I drove 4000 miles roundtrip to get this truck in the color and equipment I wanted and it was worth every mile. I have always been a Chevy man but after test driving every truck out there, I found the Ram to be the hands down winner. I now know that I made the right choice for possibly my last truck in this lifetime.

Engine, interior, sound system, quiet ride, suspension, the steering is a bit on the understeer side and I like this as it tracks better then GM trucks and just about everything else about the truck.

I used the nav. sys and also a portable Garmin system on the 2000 mile return trip and Dodge needs to fix this as it would have never have gotten me home! The two seldom tracked each other and sometimes made no sense at all. And if you take a different route then it does, it takes forever to adjust.

• SUV