Used 2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

A Winner
By John Guilbault

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I'm a week into owning my new Dodge Ram 1500, and I have to say I'm very happy. I have the regular cab, 2WD, short-bed version with the 5.7 liter Hemi engine. From inside, outside and any angle you care to look from, this is a beautiful truck. Dodge stylists did a great job of working out every detail. The ride is the best I've ever experienced in a truck. The Hemi engine is wickedly strong, too. Very easy to get a speeding ticket in this thing, I think. The interior is nicely thought-out, with lots of storage and an attractive dash. I found a comfortable driving position almost immediately. Outside noise barely intrudes at all. All-in-all, an excellent choice.

Programmable convenience features. 3-blink turn signals. Supple ride. Strong engine. Great looks inside and out.

Cruise control buttons a little awkward to use.

awesome pick-up
By ramfan

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

The performance of this p. U. W 3:92 axle is almost unbelievable. Ride is very gd and the truck is quieter than the ram I traded. This is my 6th ram and everyone was excellent. No Major problems with any. 2009 is the best yet. A friend has a hemi w/vvt etc. And claims 19 mpg to and from work. Wld rec. This pick-up to any and all. Don't forget lifetime drivetrain warranty.

hemi

body colored rub strips to prevent parking dings.

AWESOME TRUCK
By Depar

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I drove 4000 miles roundtrip to get this truck in the color and equipment I wanted and it was worth every mile. I have always been a Chevy man but after test driving every truck out there, I found the Ram to be the hands down winner. I now know that I made the right choice for possibly my last truck in this lifetime.

Engine, interior, sound system, quiet ride, suspension, the steering is a bit on the understeer side and I like this as it tracks better then GM trucks and just about everything else about the truck.

I used the nav. sys and also a portable Garmin system on the 2000 mile return trip and Dodge needs to fix this as it would have never have gotten me home! The two seldom tracked each other and sometimes made no sense at all. And if you take a different route then it does, it takes forever to adjust.

I Really Like My Dodge Ram
By Mrlucky2

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've only owned it a month or so but I'm very happy with the truck. I test drove Ford and Chevy and between the warranty and dealer deal, as well as the great ride and styling I was sold. I tow a trailer and it tows very well. I wish it had a few extra options like a camera and better stereo but I'm still content. I had it detailed and the paint actually looks very good. The trim and body all line up well and the interior noise is low for a truck.

interior trim, aggressive front-look, power slider window, and anti-sway feature

The rumble with the windows down unless done just right is ear- shattering. Also wish the mpg would be better

10,000 miles and I love this truck
By Stan Mlynarczyk

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Now that I have 10K miles on the truck,I can state that this is the best car/truck I have ever owned (I have owned VW/SAAB/Subaru/ISUZU/Toyota/GM/FORD). Getting between 20 and 22 on the hwy. The hemi is astounding for power but also is refined/smooth and economical (mpg does drop in the city to about 14-16). Interior is very comfortable for long trips. Very nimble for such a large truck and I don't think twice about taking it to the grocery store or shopping. Not one thing needed to be fixed since delivery. I am absolutely amazed with the quality. I love the 120v power inverter and all of the little thoughtful touches; Dodge really went out of their way to make it livable.

All the places to put things in the interior. Seat comfort. quiet and comfortable ride. power of the hemi. fuel economy. solid - no rattles/no wind noise. roominess. side air bags. chrome pkg. 20" tires. power rear window. Unlimited powertrain warranty.

Louder horn (I just bought my own)