Used 2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Most Helpful|
8 months later
By Like my truck

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my Laramie back in the summer when they were nearly giving them away. I traded an 03 Tahoe with 120,000, absolutely nothing wrong with the Tahoe, except it wasn't really a truck. Eight months later and the only time I really miss the SUV is when going on trips. My Dodge drives well and is comfortable, but I miss the interior cargo space on trips. The truck's passenger seat has developed an annoying squeak when there are any road imperfections, and it is getting worse with time and use. Also the satellite radio is more susceptible to signal blockage than my wife's last two Acura's or the XM in my old Tahoe.

Favorite Features

Power, ride, heated & vented seats, heated steering wheel, navigator, & did I say power.

Suggested Improvements

I wish the clothes hooks were on the side instead of the back of the cab, so I could hang a clothes bar across the back seat. Redesign the passenger seat so that it doesn't squeak, and re- look at the satellite antenna design/location so that it isn't so susceptible to blocked signals.

Outstanding Truck
By jmullagh

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is one hell of a truck. You get much more value and quality with this truck than you do with other manufacturers.

Favorite Features

Everything! Dodge did a great job!

Suggested Improvements

OK.. as stupid as this may seem, a power lock on the lift gate rather than having to take the key out would be nice!

Manufacturer at Fault
By bat2son

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Good power, Comfortable ride. Does not have a cabin filter, contaminated fluid and faulty sway bar links will cause it to pull left or right. Recall on the heating and ventilation actuators; If not repaired causes non response from the windshield wipers, door locks, 4x4 selector, lights, and ventilation fan - Also causes the TCP to illuminate. Recall on the manifold for exhaust leak. Causes poor gas mileage, also piston knock when the engine is cold. leak could cause overheating or a blown piston.

Favorite Features

5.7 hemi

Suggested Improvements

Use better fluid and parts for assembly. Recall all trucks with actuator problems and exaust leaks.

Dissapointed.....Again
By Mike

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought an 06 Quad Cab with 20" tires only to have Dodge buy it back after three months due to not being able to balance the tires. Ended up with an 06 Mega Cab that was great and ended up trading it in on a new SLT Crew Cab only to have the same trouble as I did in 06 with the Quad Cab. It has been in the garage each week that I have owned it for tires. They have tried Goodyears and BF Goodrichs with no success and I believe that it is up to around 7 different sets. It is a shame that a great looking truck still has the same issues as they did back in 06. They say it swallowed a Luxury car but evidently it forgot to eat the wheels!

Favorite Features

Interior, Uconnect, Rambox

Suggested Improvements

New wheels and tires! It has been two years and the quality has not been improved. VERY DISAPPOINTING!!!

Totally let down - no customer loyalty
By a_gunslinger

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

MANY owners have complained of a horrible MDS droan and vibration as well as a differential whine. Me included. These two conditions were A) not present during test drives or first 3000K miles (I wouldn’t have purchased had I felt these issues!), B) not all owners have the problems and C) those that do have it to varying degrees, some really bad. However Chrysler Dodge, after not being able to fix the issues, has claimed its "AS PER DESIGN" and normal. As per design, to me, would mean by definition that it was present from day 1, all trucks had the condition, and all had it to the same degree. See full report at http://www.dodgeramhell.com/

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

They were all about trying to fix it and agreed it was just not right until they realized it couldn’t be fixed - then quickly changed tune to "as per design." Horrible and annoying systems. See full report at http://www.dodgeramhell.com/ Really suprised and taken aback by thier lack of support post sale. 60-day handshake? Forget about it! All the commercials cliaming to support the average working class family? No way.