2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Best Truck I've owned
By Brad on 03/10/09 12:37 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

When I was looking to buy, wanted to upgrade to a crew cab over my xcab F150. I made a great choice. The '09 Ram has all the power I need, superb interior style and build quality, and the ride is smooth. It's a very fun truck to drive with the 5.7L Hemi under the hood. Dodge's MDS system is FLAWLESS in going between 4 cylinders and 8. There is no way you can feel the transition. Mileage is improving as I break it in, but I am expecting nothing better than EPA estimates. With 500 miles on the truck, I'm getting 13.5 mpg; all city driving and with a bit of a heavy foot. If you want a truck that is sharp on the outside, impeccable on the inside, and power to boot, buy a new Ram.

MOPAR Scores Big-Time
By T-LOC on 03/08/09 10:22 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have been a Dodge/Mopar fan for years. I've owned many Jeeps, '99 Dakota, '04 Dakota, '04 Durango. They have al been better then the previous. I traded an '04 durango[family vehicle] and '02 silverado for this '09 Ram 4x Crew. It rides better than the durango and is more versitle than the silverado...with the incentives Chrysler had I am actually saving front end monthly payment cash from previously having two notes. This thing is a dream, only 3k on the clock. No complaints or critique yet. I will update my thoughts as time goes by this year

love it!!!!
By kevin on 03/03/09 08:15 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Had mine since January. Love everthing about it. Has the luxary of a hummer H2 which I have owned, gas power that rivals diesel trucks form only a few years back. For the money this is a great all around truck. There is always room for improvement but I personally couldnt tell you what on this truck. My wife loves it and she is not a truck person (I think the heated steering wheel done it). Probably put a leveling kit on it and go up one size and a little more aggresive in tire.

Meets all my needs
By Craven on 02/26/09 15:45 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I am a sailor so I move quite often. I have a wife, two boys and two dogs. The crew cab was actually more roomy than the tahoe I used to own. And now I can haul all the things we need when we move. I have the TRX4 package with the 5.7 liter motor. The wife wanted a moon roof so we opted for that. Compared to chevy I like the fact that I can get the big engine I need without having to get leather and all that. Drove it 1800 miles with a 4200lb trailer right after leaving the dealer. Had only one issue with the outside temp guage, but Dodge fixed it no charge. Other than that the truck has been great. What a rush when you floor it too. Can't get enough of that 390hp and 3.92 gears.

Can't Ram this Down!
By Mr. 173 on 02/25/09 18:18 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love this truck. I got the one with the sport package SLT. One step down from Laramie, You need to get one now. Got mine for 31K when MSRP was 41K. This truck is fast, I floored it and never broke loose on me, next I was at 80 in no time. I would not settle for less than the Hemi. Smooth & quiet truck. I had an 07 with Hemi slightly modified and this one is still faster. Got to get bucket seats, it goes better and just tell dealer to switch out tailgate with lock on it, I did. I tow a 18' ranger boat & don't feel it. Thank you Dodge for such a excellent truck..

Great combo of power and mileage
By james roberts on 02/24/09 17:20 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned Chevy and Ford but this Dodge is the real deal. I chose the 3.21 rear gear because I mainly do highway. Easily will do 22mpg and have gotten as high as 24.9. Great power. Will really move down the road when necessary. Ride is great and even my Chevy loving 12 year old is now a Dodge fan!

Love this truck
By gnorvell on 02/24/09 08:20 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I recently switched from an 05 F150 King Ranch to the 09 Ram 1500 Laramie and haven't looked back. Dodge has hit a home run with this truck. I get remarks from people daily saying how nice a truck it is. The styling, comfort and performance are all impressive. The rear seat entertainment system is really cool too. My kid can enjoy the cartoon network 24/7 now. The only nitpick I have is the plastic chrome covers over the 20" aluminum spoked wheels. Shame on you Dodge.

Hold on to your tailpipes
By Gr8 Pumpkin on 02/04/09 14:30 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have been a die hard Toyota owner for the past 10 years and this Dodge has sold me over. The 5.7 Hemi has more than enough power and is exceptionally smooth. The new rear coil suspension handles bumps as well as it handles daily driving. It's worth buying this truck just for the suspension upgrades. Trim appointments are solid. Excellent gauge and comfort control placement. Driving this truck is too easy. The body balance and overall control belies the weight of this vehicle. If your contemplating buying an 08' instead of a 09' don't do it. It's clear that Chrysler dumped a lot of technology into the 09's. The difference is night and day.

Finally
By Pat on 02/03/09 16:55 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Finally talked my wife into a TRX4 Crew Cab (couldn't pick that for some reason). She was not sure but, when she test drove it she was surprised. I am in the military and we move a lot so having a comfy towing vehicle for her, the kids and me is a must. The new coil over rear suspension is what sold her, and the interior fits together nicely. Not many miles yet, however that will change.

First American-made pickup
By Darren on 01/29/09 07:10 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I was skeptical about buying a Dodge so it took me a while to decide. Too many incentives to pass up, so I went for it. Not sure what the resale value will be, but I love the truck for now. I drove every full size on the market, the Ram came out on top in nearly every category. Sorry Howie, I like the heated steering wheel! When the commercial says, “it swallowed a luxury car”, it’s for real. The ride is unlike any full size on the market. Fuel management cuts to 4 cylinders, but isn’t annoying like the GM. The options on the Laramie are unbelievable.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 in VA is:

$116 per month*