Used 2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Like it was designed for me
By Ram Sport

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab SLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Love this truck! I ordered the regular cab short bed 5.7L Hemi 4x4 Sport. I've owned Chevy's and Fords, but never a Dodge. Did a lot of research before this purchase. For the first time in a long time, it's fun driving to and from work. This is a hot rod that can work as well. It corners, accelerates, hauls, and pulls a landscape trailer like it isn't even there. As others have said, the ride is phenomenal. Plenty of interior storage space, even though it's a regular cab. Did I mention I love this truck?

Hemi! Aggressive looks. I had a person parked in front of me say it looked like my truck was going to eat her car. Truck is a head turner. Took it to a few cruise-in's and got a lot of questions each time. Factory duals rock. U-connect and nav systems are great.

Headlights. High beam pattern stinks! Not much better than the low beams on my old Avalanche. Could be because it sits higher, though. Aftermarket Crystal Fusion windshield treatment is a waste of money. No better than self applied Rain-X, but a lot more expensive.

A Winner
By John Guilbault

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I'm a week into owning my new Dodge Ram 1500, and I have to say I'm very happy. I have the regular cab, 2WD, short-bed version with the 5.7 liter Hemi engine. From inside, outside and any angle you care to look from, this is a beautiful truck. Dodge stylists did a great job of working out every detail. The ride is the best I've ever experienced in a truck. The Hemi engine is wickedly strong, too. Very easy to get a speeding ticket in this thing, I think. The interior is nicely thought-out, with lots of storage and an attractive dash. I found a comfortable driving position almost immediately. Outside noise barely intrudes at all. All-in-all, an excellent choice.

Programmable convenience features. 3-blink turn signals. Supple ride. Strong engine. Great looks inside and out.

Cruise control buttons a little awkward to use.

• SUV