Used 2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT Quad Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

4.7 quad cab ram 2009
By dratsram

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I like smaller trucks/cars. I stayed away from trucks bc I just thought of them as a gas hog. I am a bit of a power junky too. So if i was going to get a truck I wanted power too. I was looking at the Dodge 5.7hemi motor for it's power. I test drove a 2007 hemi and a 2010 4.7 and thought they were both the 5.7L until the salesman pointed it out to me. I got a deal on a 2009 4.7 dodge quad cab and love it. It can pull a loaded 16ft trailer tractor with ease( about 4000lbs). It can pull trailer and still get 15mpg. I'm gettting 24mpg highway and about 16 suburb driving. I drives like a car and is very comfortable.

power and ride

bad engine at 40,000 miles
By hangdodge

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have a 2009 dodge with 40000 miles and the engine is needing replaced. I was told there is no transferable warranty. If this is true I will never buy a dodge again. dodge the dodge you will cursre the day you bought it.

the looks

have ford or toyota make your trucks

Very Pleased
By Chris

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

It was scary at first, but after 8 years I went back to Dodge from Chevy. The redesign in 2009 was well worth it. I had a choice between a 2010 or the 2009, and for the price bought the 2009 (second hand). I am greatly pleased with the truck, especially the fuel economy. It has the 4.7 liter engine, plenty of hp, I got average 26 mpg driving from New Orleans a few weeks ago.

All of the technology. I'm still learning what gadgets do what. The power in the small v8 is amazing.

They should have the receiver hitch pre- installed to bring the lighting plugs closer to the trailer

Dodge Ram
By ddotson

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

One of the best trucks I've owned. The Hemi is a much better engine than the Toyota.

The Hemi 390 Hp allows the truck to tow my projects with ease.

Needs better fuel company.

A Winner For Dodge Trucks
By A HEMI GUY

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've bought around 15 new trucks in my lifetime and I have to tell you this is the best truck I have ever owned!! I switched from Chevy's to Dodge in 1977 and have been with Dodge since. I traded a 2003 SLT quadcab,Hemi, with a 3:73 axle, and a 5 speed manual tranny with 90,000 miles on it. No major problems in the 6 years I owned it.Traded it for a 2009 Quadcab,TRX 4x4,cloth bucket seats and a floor mounted shifter.Electric rear slider,frostplug heater,aluminum wheels with 275x70x17" tires.Anti-spin differential with a 3:92 axle.Color is Sunburst Orange. My old truck had a towing capacity of only 8500 lbs and this one has a towIng capacity of 10,000 lbs.Dodge has a "WINNER". No regrets!!!

MDS for HEMI,3:92 axle ratio,floor mounted shifter(Joystick)Lifetime power warranty,quality and performance,style and color:Sunburst orange,locking tailgate an all the incentives which brougt the price down to $29,000 from $37,500 and dealer installed my 5th wheel hitch and brake controller!!

Sunburst Orange is not offered with the 2010 year but I believe Mango Tango Pearl is a close match.How about a 3:73 axle ratio in the 1500? Don't give up Dodge Truck Division, you have a truck that puts the others far behind.Locking differentials would be good too.