2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
4.7 quad cab ram 2009
By dratsram on 05/14/13 07:49 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I like smaller trucks/cars. I stayed away from trucks bc I just thought of them as a gas hog. I am a bit of a power junky too. So if i was going to get a truck I wanted power too. I was looking at the Dodge 5.7hemi motor for it's power. I test drove a 2007 hemi and a 2010 4.7 and thought they were both the 5.7L until the salesman pointed it out to me. I got a deal on a 2009 4.7 dodge quad cab and love it. It can pull a loaded 16ft trailer tractor with ease( about 4000lbs). It can pull trailer and still get 15mpg. I'm gettting 24mpg highway and about 16 suburb driving. I drives like a car and is very comfortable.

bad engine at 40,000 miles
By hangdodge on 10/14/11 04:43 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have a 2009 dodge with 40000 miles and the engine is needing replaced. I was told there is no transferable warranty. If this is true I will never buy a dodge again. dodge the dodge you will cursre the day you bought it.

Very Pleased
By Chris on 09/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

It was scary at first, but after 8 years I went back to Dodge from Chevy. The redesign in 2009 was well worth it. I had a choice between a 2010 or the 2009, and for the price bought the 2009 (second hand). I am greatly pleased with the truck, especially the fuel economy. It has the 4.7 liter engine, plenty of hp, I got average 26 mpg driving from New Orleans a few weeks ago.

Dodge Ram
By ddotson on 03/29/10 18:19 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

One of the best trucks I've owned. The Hemi is a much better engine than the Toyota.

A Winner For Dodge Trucks
By A HEMI GUY on 01/01/10 06:25 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've bought around 15 new trucks in my lifetime and I have to tell you this is the best truck I have ever owned!! I switched from Chevy's to Dodge in 1977 and have been with Dodge since. I traded a 2003 SLT quadcab,Hemi, with a 3:73 axle, and a 5 speed manual tranny with 90,000 miles on it. No major problems in the 6 years I owned it.Traded it for a 2009 Quadcab,TRX 4x4,cloth bucket seats and a floor mounted shifter.Electric rear slider,frostplug heater,aluminum wheels with 275x70x17" tires.Anti-spin differential with a 3:92 axle.Color is Sunburst Orange. My old truck had a towing capacity of only 8500 lbs and this one has a towIng capacity of 10,000 lbs.Dodge has a "WINNER". No regrets!!!

New Hemi
By New Hemi. on 11/12/09 07:02 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Nice truck, ride is great if you are a first time truck owner and not used to a leaf spring rear end. No mechanical issues yet, towing is lacking badly, very sluggish bracking and motor is def. not made to pull any load off line. cannot complain about gas mielage. Also a few cosmetic issues, little things like weather stripping and cheap cover over chrome accents. For 30,000 plus they could have a little better quality control.

Ford and GM, take notice
By Best Dodge yet on 10/22/09 17:34 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd Dodge truck in 20 years. My last new 1997 Dodge was a jewel, never a problem, dependable as a swiss watch. My 09 Dodge has 21000 miles currently,dead reliably like the 97. I LOVE the truck, the Hemi is powerfull gets great mileage. Interior is top notch Ride is superb Buyers, BEWARE of some dealers that insist on rear end oil changes at 15000 miles. Victorville motors( VICTORVILLE CALIFORNIA) insisted that i change oil ($175.00) when the factory recommends rear end oil be changed ONLY in severe duty situations every 15000 miles. Spark plugs need changing every 30K miles( all 16 of them) at about $250.00. Read the owners manual first and save money

New to Trucks
By David on 06/22/09 07:52 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is actually the SLT Quad cab with the Hemi. This is my first truck ever. Still in shock that I actually traded my nice VW for this be we needed more hauling capability. I've had it 8 hours and 70 miles, but I'm really impressed by the feel of how it drives. I thought I'd be creeped out by driving something this big, but I can now see why these things are so popular. Still babying it since I'm not used to it, and it's so new, but so far so good!

Best truck I've owned
By PACKATK74 on 04/25/09 11:15 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've owned this truck for 2500 miles now, and I can honestly say I probably will never have to buy a new truck. The best ride, and nicest interior I've ever experienced in a truck. I bought my SLT with the 5.7 HEMI, best decision I've made. Just when you think this truck's going to bog down on an incline, that typical HEMI growl kicks in and you're taken to the next level. I've driven Highway, city streets and off-road, anywhere in this truck is a pure joy.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad-cab in VA is:

$138 per month*