Used 2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

4.7 quad cab ram 2009
By dratsram

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I like smaller trucks/cars. I stayed away from trucks bc I just thought of them as a gas hog. I am a bit of a power junky too. So if i was going to get a truck I wanted power too. I was looking at the Dodge 5.7hemi motor for it's power. I test drove a 2007 hemi and a 2010 4.7 and thought they were both the 5.7L until the salesman pointed it out to me. I got a deal on a 2009 4.7 dodge quad cab and love it. It can pull a loaded 16ft trailer tractor with ease( about 4000lbs). It can pull trailer and still get 15mpg. I'm gettting 24mpg highway and about 16 suburb driving. I drives like a car and is very comfortable.

power and ride

Solid Truck
By learhopper

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab ST 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought a Ram after owning all the other brands over the years. Test drove all brands and the solid, comfortable, quiet ride combined with the 100,000 mile transferable powertrain warranty swung my vote. Also got a lifetime powertrain warranty as long as I keep the truck, no other manufacturer offered that!! I've put over 40k miles on the truck now with no problems.

Solid feel on the road, very quiet ride, almost no wind or road noise. Stock stereo sounds great. Flex fuel capable. Looks great in black with black wheels and a Yakima roof rack.

Would like it if the truck sat higher off the ground, I get a lot of questions about it being 4x4 or not. Stronger headlights, by far the weakest lights I've ever driven with at night, borderline dangerous. ALL 4x4 trucks should be equipped with tow hooks, don't understand why it didn't come with them. Going with 4.7L engine was a mistake, it burns same amount of gas as the 5.7 and is poor at towing, has to downshift to climb slight rises on the highway. Resale value has been disappointing as well, went to my dealer to see about trading it in and was quickly back in my truck headed home shaking my head in disgust.

bad engine at 40,000 miles
By hangdodge

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have a 2009 dodge with 40000 miles and the engine is needing replaced. I was told there is no transferable warranty. If this is true I will never buy a dodge again. dodge the dodge you will cursre the day you bought it.

the looks

have ford or toyota make your trucks

Totally let down - no customer loyalty
By a_gunslinger

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

MANY owners have complained of a horrible MDS droan and vibration as well as a differential whine. Me included. These two conditions were A) not present during test drives or first 3000K miles (I wouldn’t have purchased had I felt these issues!), B) not all owners have the problems and C) those that do have it to varying degrees, some really bad. However Chrysler Dodge, after not being able to fix the issues, has claimed its "AS PER DESIGN" and normal. As per design, to me, would mean by definition that it was present from day 1, all trucks had the condition, and all had it to the same degree. See full report at http://www.dodgeramhell.com/

They were all about trying to fix it and agreed it was just not right until they realized it couldn’t be fixed - then quickly changed tune to "as per design." Horrible and annoying systems. See full report at http://www.dodgeramhell.com/ Really suprised and taken aback by thier lack of support post sale. 60-day handshake? Forget about it! All the commercials cliaming to support the average working class family? No way.

Ridiculously powerful
By Vince

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab ST 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

27,000 miles since August 2009. Pretty good on gas (average about 15-17 mpg). Plenty, and I mean PLENTY of power from the HEMI; 0-60 in under 7 seconds! This is a full-size truck! Absolutely in love with this motor! Dark gray with the 20's, turns a LOT of heads when it's clean! 4x4 works great here in Michigan. Interior design is very attractive, I like it better than the Fords and Chevys! Front seats are very supportive, all of the controls are within good reach. However, I tend to get backaches after long trips. Better stock sound system than the Infinity on our 2010 Journey. Very quiet ride(excluding the amazing exhaust note!), as well as a solid ride. Handles pretty good. Very versatile

The HEMI, definitely! Good ride, surprisingly good on gas.

Use real chrome rims instead of plastic! A little tighter build quality inside, but still the best of all the other Chrysler products. On-demand cylinder deactivation, instead of automatic when cruising.