2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
4.7 quad cab ram 2009
By dratsram on 05/14/13 07:49 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I like smaller trucks/cars. I stayed away from trucks bc I just thought of them as a gas hog. I am a bit of a power junky too. So if i was going to get a truck I wanted power too. I was looking at the Dodge 5.7hemi motor for it's power. I test drove a 2007 hemi and a 2010 4.7 and thought they were both the 5.7L until the salesman pointed it out to me. I got a deal on a 2009 4.7 dodge quad cab and love it. It can pull a loaded 16ft trailer tractor with ease( about 4000lbs). It can pull trailer and still get 15mpg. I'm gettting 24mpg highway and about 16 suburb driving. I drives like a car and is very comfortable.

Solid Truck
By learhopper on 01/14/12 15:10 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab ST 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought a Ram after owning all the other brands over the years. Test drove all brands and the solid, comfortable, quiet ride combined with the 100,000 mile transferable powertrain warranty swung my vote. Also got a lifetime powertrain warranty as long as I keep the truck, no other manufacturer offered that!! I've put over 40k miles on the truck now with no problems.

bad engine at 40,000 miles
By hangdodge on 10/14/11 04:43 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have a 2009 dodge with 40000 miles and the engine is needing replaced. I was told there is no transferable warranty. If this is true I will never buy a dodge again. dodge the dodge you will cursre the day you bought it.

Totally let down - no customer loyalty
By a_gunslinger on 04/28/11 12:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

MANY owners have complained of a horrible MDS droan and vibration as well as a differential whine. Me included. These two conditions were A) not present during test drives or first 3000K miles (I wouldnÂ’t have purchased had I felt these issues!), B) not all owners have the problems and C) those that do have it to varying degrees, some really bad. However Chrysler Dodge, after not being able to fix the issues, has claimed its "AS PER DESIGN" and normal. As per design, to me, would mean by definition that it was present from day 1, all trucks had the condition, and all had it to the same degree. See full report at http://www.dodgeramhell.com/

Ridiculously powerful
By Vince on 11/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab ST 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

27,000 miles since August 2009. Pretty good on gas (average about 15-17 mpg). Plenty, and I mean PLENTY of power from the HEMI; 0-60 in under 7 seconds! This is a full-size truck! Absolutely in love with this motor! Dark gray with the 20's, turns a LOT of heads when it's clean! 4x4 works great here in Michigan. Interior design is very attractive, I like it better than the Fords and Chevys! Front seats are very supportive, all of the controls are within good reach. However, I tend to get backaches after long trips. Better stock sound system than the Infinity on our 2010 Journey. Very quiet ride(excluding the amazing exhaust note!), as well as a solid ride. Handles pretty good. Very versatile

Very Pleased
By Chris on 09/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

It was scary at first, but after 8 years I went back to Dodge from Chevy. The redesign in 2009 was well worth it. I had a choice between a 2010 or the 2009, and for the price bought the 2009 (second hand). I am greatly pleased with the truck, especially the fuel economy. It has the 4.7 liter engine, plenty of hp, I got average 26 mpg driving from New Orleans a few weeks ago.

Outstanding Truck
By jmullagh on 04/17/10 09:12 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is one hell of a truck. You get much more value and quality with this truck than you do with other manufacturers.

Dodge Ram
By ddotson on 03/29/10 18:19 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

One of the best trucks I've owned. The Hemi is a much better engine than the Toyota.

8 months later
By Like my truck on 02/23/10 12:41 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my Laramie back in the summer when they were nearly giving them away. I traded an 03 Tahoe with 120,000, absolutely nothing wrong with the Tahoe, except it wasn't really a truck. Eight months later and the only time I really miss the SUV is when going on trips. My Dodge drives well and is comfortable, but I miss the interior cargo space on trips. The truck's passenger seat has developed an annoying squeak when there are any road imperfections, and it is getting worse with time and use. Also the satellite radio is more susceptible to signal blockage than my wife's last two Acura's or the XM in my old Tahoe.

A Winner For Dodge Trucks
By A HEMI GUY on 01/01/10 06:25 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've bought around 15 new trucks in my lifetime and I have to tell you this is the best truck I have ever owned!! I switched from Chevy's to Dodge in 1977 and have been with Dodge since. I traded a 2003 SLT quadcab,Hemi, with a 3:73 axle, and a 5 speed manual tranny with 90,000 miles on it. No major problems in the 6 years I owned it.Traded it for a 2009 Quadcab,TRX 4x4,cloth bucket seats and a floor mounted shifter.Electric rear slider,frostplug heater,aluminum wheels with 275x70x17" tires.Anti-spin differential with a 3:92 axle.Color is Sunburst Orange. My old truck had a towing capacity of only 8500 lbs and this one has a towIng capacity of 10,000 lbs.Dodge has a "WINNER". No regrets!!!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad-cab in VA is:

$134 per month*