Used 2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

What a truck
By Keith

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I told my wife when I hit 50 it was time to trade wife or truck. I got the 2009 1500 Laramie. I have installed a 3" lift kit and front in leveling kit with 285 Goodrich TA, chrome running boards, tonneau topper and cold air induction system. This truck will stop traffic with the looks. I have 16 year olds to 65 years tell me it is one of the most beautiful trucks they have every seen. The black paint with the gold flack really stands out. I had never owed a Dodge until now and man this is all the truck I ever wanted. Move over Ford and Chevy Dodge is headed your way.

Favorite Features

interior and exterior looks

Suggested Improvements

seat belt hangs on seats and rattles against center door post

Very Nice
By Hugh

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I replaced my 2001 Ram 1500 with the new 2009. No similarities at all. This was a huge leap forward for Dodge. The hemi is powerful and smooth. I am not a fan of the variable valve timing which saves on gas mileage by cutting out 4 cylinders when in low load situations. The only way to override this feature is to use the tow/haul setting which gives better shift points but it also won't let the transmission shift into 6th gear. I love the new look with the chrome package. This is a big truck and I recommend the side steps for easier entry and exit. Plenty of room inside with the new crew cab. The ride and handling while towing are excellent but power is lacking.

Favorite Features

Design inside and out. Smooooth hemi. Tow package. 4 wheel disc brakes.

Suggested Improvements

Option to disable the VVT. Brake pedal is too far left. Tow mirrors.

Best truck out there
By Jason

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

2009 SLT crew cab Hemi Bighorn. The '09 is a night and day difference from the previous generation; there is NO comparison. This truck rides like a Cadillac, and has more interior room to boot. With 390 horses on tap, you will surprise more than a few people off the line. This is the quietest vehicle I have ever been in, you can hardly hear the road noise. The seats are comfortable & supportive, there is loads of storage. The back seat area has 2 in-floor storage bins plus the ones under the rear seat. There are 5 cup holders. Thanks to MDS, the gas mileage is excellent for a full size truck. I get 13-16 city, 20-26 hwy @ 55 w/ cruise set, around 18 city/hwy combined.

Favorite Features

Steering wheel audio controls, one touch down driver & passenger windows, power sliding window, 390 horses, rockin' factory stereo, bold front end styling, cavernous interior, power lumbar support, dual glove boxes, armrest storage, under seat storage, built in coolers, in-dash 110v power outlet.

Suggested Improvements

The front seat cup holder tray should come out about an inch farther than it does, a typical large fast food cup will NOT fit securely because the cup holders come too close to the dash. The gas pedal needs to be moved about 3 inches farther to the left to avoid the drive line hump.

Best Truck Yet
By Mike7642

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This truck rides smooth on and off the road. In the driver seat you feel like you command the road. Its big, powerful and yet gets good highway mileage. Everyone who has ridden in my truck has nothing but compliments. The Laramie package is just awesome.

Favorite Features

Driver ammenities are maxed out with this truck. Its a Cadillac in a trucks body. Dodge set the standard for driver comfort.

Suggested Improvements

I cannot think of a single improvement.

Best Truck on the Market
By Gary Cook

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This truck has super power and comfort. Fun to drive. Performance is fantastic. Fuel economy on the highway is very good, in city driving not so good. I like everything about this truck. I got the Big Horn Package, wished I'd gotten Leather Seats and Navigation. Quietest and smoothest Dodge I've ever owned.

Favorite Features

Performance of the Hemi and the quiet ride comfort. Mellow rumble of the dual exhaust.

Suggested Improvements

Try to improve the city fuel economy.