2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
What a truck
By Keith on 07/31/10 12:49 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I told my wife when I hit 50 it was time to trade wife or truck. I got the 2009 1500 Laramie. I have installed a 3" lift kit and front in leveling kit with 285 Goodrich TA, chrome running boards, tonneau topper and cold air induction system. This truck will stop traffic with the looks. I have 16 year olds to 65 years tell me it is one of the most beautiful trucks they have every seen. The black paint with the gold flack really stands out. I had never owed a Dodge until now and man this is all the truck I ever wanted. Move over Ford and Chevy Dodge is headed your way.

Very Nice
By Hugh on 12/17/09 17:58 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I replaced my 2001 Ram 1500 with the new 2009. No similarities at all. This was a huge leap forward for Dodge. The hemi is powerful and smooth. I am not a fan of the variable valve timing which saves on gas mileage by cutting out 4 cylinders when in low load situations. The only way to override this feature is to use the tow/haul setting which gives better shift points but it also won't let the transmission shift into 6th gear. I love the new look with the chrome package. This is a big truck and I recommend the side steps for easier entry and exit. Plenty of room inside with the new crew cab. The ride and handling while towing are excellent but power is lacking.

Best truck out there
By Jason on 12/13/09 20:36 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

2009 SLT crew cab Hemi Bighorn. The '09 is a night and day difference from the previous generation; there is NO comparison. This truck rides like a Cadillac, and has more interior room to boot. With 390 horses on tap, you will surprise more than a few people off the line. This is the quietest vehicle I have ever been in, you can hardly hear the road noise. The seats are comfortable & supportive, there is loads of storage. The back seat area has 2 in-floor storage bins plus the ones under the rear seat. There are 5 cup holders. Thanks to MDS, the gas mileage is excellent for a full size truck. I get 13-16 city, 20-26 hwy @ 55 w/ cruise set, around 18 city/hwy combined.

Best Truck Yet
By Mike7642 on 11/03/09 18:35 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This truck rides smooth on and off the road. In the driver seat you feel like you command the road. Its big, powerful and yet gets good highway mileage. Everyone who has ridden in my truck has nothing but compliments. The Laramie package is just awesome.

Best Truck on the Market
By Gary Cook on 10/21/09 09:11 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This truck has super power and comfort. Fun to drive. Performance is fantastic. Fuel economy on the highway is very good, in city driving not so good. I like everything about this truck. I got the Big Horn Package, wished I'd gotten Leather Seats and Navigation. Quietest and smoothest Dodge I've ever owned.

BUY THIS TRUCK NOW!
By Beaux on 10/18/09 23:12 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

These guys hit a home run. I want to bake a ton of chocolate chip cookies and send them to the factory to say thanks.

2009 crew cab bighorn 4x4
By fr8hlr on 10/03/09 09:11 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I just got my new truck I have always been a dodge truck fan but this one it most comfortable smoothest dodge I have ever owned I highly recommend it.

Great Truck
By CCM on 09/29/09 07:39 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased this truck in May 2009. The ride is great, the power is excellent. Love this truck.

F-150 watch out! The Ram is coming
By nmfordman on 09/24/09 20:46 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Who would have ever thought that a bona-fide Ford guy would find a Dodge Ram parked in the driveway? Not I for sure, yet there is one and I love it! The styling of this truck is top notch both inside and out. The reviews, both professional and consumer are dead on. Sometimes a product lives up to the hype, this one surely does. Ride, performance and handling are the best I have ever experienced in a 1/2 ton pick up. Do what I did, take one for a test drive...you'll trade that Ford in too.

Dodge did it right
By Hemi Fan on 08/27/09 10:08 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I can only say that I'm very happy with my purchase. If your looking for the best truck on the market, this is it. Can't wait to see if they come out with the 6.1L or 6.4L HEMI, I would go upgrade in a second. Love the power.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew-cab in VA is:

$136 per month*