2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Manufacturer at Fault
By bat2son on 12/17/12 09:55 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Good power, Comfortable ride. Does not have a cabin filter, contaminated fluid and faulty sway bar links will cause it to pull left or right. Recall on the heating and ventilation actuators; If not repaired causes non response from the windshield wipers, door locks, 4x4 selector, lights, and ventilation fan - Also causes the TCP to illuminate. Recall on the manifold for exhaust leak. Causes poor gas mileage, also piston knock when the engine is cold. leak could cause overheating or a blown piston.

not worth the money
By blondygrl on 08/31/12 11:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

We bought our 2009 with about 50,000 miles on it. Had nothing but issues from it since we bought it. Had it into the shop 7 times within a year to have different stuff fixed. For the price that this vehicle costs, there is absolutly no reason to have that many problems out of it.

Flabioso
By Flabioso on 11/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I was looking for a Ford truck, I told the salesman no Dodge for me, and then saw a used 09 TRX crew with 6k miles we took it for a test drive and wow it drives great very smooth, i towed my 63 galaxy from FLA to NJ with no trouble. I had an 05 F-150 with a 4.6 before,the 4.7 on the Dodge is much smoother and has a lot more power and a little better fuel mileage, the interior is very nice also the last gen Dodge trucks looked very cheep on the inside.

What a truck
By Keith on 07/31/10 12:49 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I told my wife when I hit 50 it was time to trade wife or truck. I got the 2009 1500 Laramie. I have installed a 3" lift kit and front in leveling kit with 285 Goodrich TA, chrome running boards, tonneau topper and cold air induction system. This truck will stop traffic with the looks. I have 16 year olds to 65 years tell me it is one of the most beautiful trucks they have every seen. The black paint with the gold flack really stands out. I had never owed a Dodge until now and man this is all the truck I ever wanted. Move over Ford and Chevy Dodge is headed your way.

Great Truck! You will be surprised!
By Paul B on 07/30/10 13:53 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

First let me say that I am not brand loyal! If it fits my needs I buy it. I traded my 08 Chevy Crew for this truck. I was going to buy another Chevy till I drove this. It was very impressive in the beginning, after 20K it's even better than expected. I get 15-16 in town, and as much as 20.5 hwy, with a Hemi, 3.90 gears? That impressive. No problems with anything yet. Well the goodyears stink! I believe this is one of the last trucks I will buy. Till they come out with a diesel in it.

Good till 35,000 miles
By Grandpa's Truck on 07/12/10 13:56 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Up to this day the ram was my favorite car. 07-12-10 I have a knocking under the dash, loud! Dealer said parts for repair are on back order. Maybe parts will arrive late August. 60 days. Are they out of their minds, I'm afraid to drive it. And what about my trip up north with my boat? Maybe Obama has a solution for this too. Not a happy trucker!

Poor support from Dodge
By John Fair on 05/25/10 20:16 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have had a vibration problem since I bought the truck. It is a 1500 Laramie top of the line fully loaded. It came with a bent drive shaft, four bad rims, bad tires, poor paint (dirt in the paint, clear coat runs) Rough edges around the rear bumper. Very poor quality control. The regional manager says the truck is supposed to vibrate when you go down the road. It feels like you have a bent rim. I have had no support in trying to get it fixed right. I will never buy a Dodge product again. It's a shame, because they designed a very nice truck. It is the lack of support and the poor quality control that came with the truck I am unhappy about. Also the dealers I have used in Florida have poor service.

One bad truck!!
By Tim on 05/18/10 04:40 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This truck is awesome! Obviously the styling is great on the exterior, but the interior is just as great! My truck has a center console on the floor and bucket seats that are very comfortable. I got a crew cab because I typically have people in the back seat, and this truck has more than enough room in back. The 5.7L Hemi is crazy powerful, and the acceleration is always smooth from any speed. Gas mileage for a truck this size is top notch. I average 14 city/19 highway. Cant beat that for a BIG fullsize truck! Also drove an '07 Sierra, and I liked it, but this Ram is the baddest truck on the road!

Awesome Truck
By Bryan on 03/30/10 12:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I traded in my 2004 Dodge Ram to get the 2009 Dodge Ram last summer from a dealership that was closing and HAD to sell everyone but the closing date (read:AMAZING DEAL). I loved my 2004 truck and would still be driving it if not for the great deal. I got the Hemi this time which offers noticeable improvement in performance. The ride is smooth and comfortable no matter what I have in the back. Just the other day I was carrying 1850 lbs of stone for a construction job in the truck bed. While I don't recommend it, the truck handled it like a champ.

excellent power and fabulous truck
By mark f on 03/16/10 11:50 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

looks great drives great and fab power super handling and awesome appearance i love it

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew-cab in VA is:

$137 per month*