Used 2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Manufacturer at Fault
By bat2son

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Good power, Comfortable ride. Does not have a cabin filter, contaminated fluid and faulty sway bar links will cause it to pull left or right. Recall on the heating and ventilation actuators; If not repaired causes non response from the windshield wipers, door locks, 4x4 selector, lights, and ventilation fan - Also causes the TCP to illuminate. Recall on the manifold for exhaust leak. Causes poor gas mileage, also piston knock when the engine is cold. leak could cause overheating or a blown piston.

5.7 hemi

Use better fluid and parts for assembly. Recall all trucks with actuator problems and exaust leaks.

not worth the money
By blondygrl

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

We bought our 2009 with about 50,000 miles on it. Had nothing but issues from it since we bought it. Had it into the shop 7 times within a year to have different stuff fixed. For the price that this vehicle costs, there is absolutly no reason to have that many problems out of it.

Look, tons of power, very comfortable ride

Back their recalls

Flabioso
By Flabioso

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I was looking for a Ford truck, I told the salesman no Dodge for me, and then saw a used 09 TRX crew with 6k miles we took it for a test drive and wow it drives great very smooth, i towed my 63 galaxy from FLA to NJ with no trouble. I had an 05 F-150 with a 4.6 before,the 4.7 on the Dodge is much smoother and has a lot more power and a little better fuel mileage, the interior is very nice also the last gen Dodge trucks looked very cheep on the inside.

Ride, power, gas mileage, looks great, looks very well made.

Better dodge dealers,

What a truck
By Keith

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I told my wife when I hit 50 it was time to trade wife or truck. I got the 2009 1500 Laramie. I have installed a 3" lift kit and front in leveling kit with 285 Goodrich TA, chrome running boards, tonneau topper and cold air induction system. This truck will stop traffic with the looks. I have 16 year olds to 65 years tell me it is one of the most beautiful trucks they have every seen. The black paint with the gold flack really stands out. I had never owed a Dodge until now and man this is all the truck I ever wanted. Move over Ford and Chevy Dodge is headed your way.

interior and exterior looks

seat belt hangs on seats and rattles against center door post

Great Truck! You will be surprised!
By Paul B

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

First let me say that I am not brand loyal! If it fits my needs I buy it. I traded my 08 Chevy Crew for this truck. I was going to buy another Chevy till I drove this. It was very impressive in the beginning, after 20K it's even better than expected. I get 15-16 in town, and as much as 20.5 hwy, with a Hemi, 3.90 gears? That impressive. No problems with anything yet. Well the goodyears stink! I believe this is one of the last trucks I will buy. Till they come out with a diesel in it.

Hemi, quietness, ride, and no problems yet. I really think the 5 speed trans works well for my application. I tow 6-8K a lot.

Better tires? Compared to what's on the market today, nothing.