Used 2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Totally let down - no customer loyalty
By a_gunslinger

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

MANY owners have complained of a horrible MDS droan and vibration as well as a differential whine. Me included. These two conditions were A) not present during test drives or first 3000K miles (I wouldn’t have purchased had I felt these issues!), B) not all owners have the problems and C) those that do have it to varying degrees, some really bad. However Chrysler Dodge, after not being able to fix the issues, has claimed its "AS PER DESIGN" and normal. As per design, to me, would mean by definition that it was present from day 1, all trucks had the condition, and all had it to the same degree. See full report at http://www.dodgeramhell.com/

They were all about trying to fix it and agreed it was just not right until they realized it couldn’t be fixed - then quickly changed tune to "as per design." Horrible and annoying systems. See full report at http://www.dodgeramhell.com/ Really suprised and taken aback by thier lack of support post sale. 60-day handshake? Forget about it! All the commercials cliaming to support the average working class family? No way.

8 months later
By Like my truck

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my Laramie back in the summer when they were nearly giving them away. I traded an 03 Tahoe with 120,000, absolutely nothing wrong with the Tahoe, except it wasn't really a truck. Eight months later and the only time I really miss the SUV is when going on trips. My Dodge drives well and is comfortable, but I miss the interior cargo space on trips. The truck's passenger seat has developed an annoying squeak when there are any road imperfections, and it is getting worse with time and use. Also the satellite radio is more susceptible to signal blockage than my wife's last two Acura's or the XM in my old Tahoe.

Power, ride, heated & vented seats, heated steering wheel, navigator, & did I say power.

I wish the clothes hooks were on the side instead of the back of the cab, so I could hang a clothes bar across the back seat. Redesign the passenger seat so that it doesn't squeak, and re- look at the satellite antenna design/location so that it isn't so susceptible to blocked signals.

Great Truck!
By jmb6958

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This truck is fantastic! The quad cab interior is very spacious and comfortable. There is loads of storage. The ice coolers in the rear floors are great to keep bottled water cold on a long trip. The ride is as smooth as my previous Lincoln, which is very impressive for a truck. I live on a dirt road and the ride is even smooth on this road. Cabin is very quiet, I would also compare it to the cabin of the Lincoln. Have taken on a long trip and averaged 17.5 mpg between 75 and 80 mph. City average is around 15 mpg which could be better. Have the big horn Hemi. Can I say wow what power! Uconnect for cell phones is a great feature to be able to talk hands free. If you are looking fo

Big horn Hemi, interior cabin comfort, styling, smooth ride.

Improve City fuel economy.

awesome pick-up
By ramfan

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

The performance of this p. U. W 3:92 axle is almost unbelievable. Ride is very gd and the truck is quieter than the ram I traded. This is my 6th ram and everyone was excellent. No Major problems with any. 2009 is the best yet. A friend has a hemi w/vvt etc. And claims 19 mpg to and from work. Wld rec. This pick-up to any and all. Don't forget lifetime drivetrain warranty.

hemi

body colored rub strips to prevent parking dings.

Best truck on the road hands down
By John

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Been a long time dodge fan. My father headed up the glass plant for years in Detroit for Chrysler so I have been hooked on dodge for years. Owned 4 rams now, by far this is the best one. Comfort is top rated and driveability is outstanding. Hold on when you put the petal to the metal - it will set you back in the seat. More leg room in rear plus an added surprise vents for the backseat for cold air to reach whoever's in the backseat. Towing my boat is no problem, sometimes I forget it is back there. So you can keep your fords and your gms also no foreign trucks for me - dodge is back and going to be around for a long time to come.

Hemi is awesome and the extra room in the back is great. The in-floor coolers for travel - what a great idea.

Better standard sound system needs more punch.