2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Dodge Ram-pickup-1500 - Consumer Reviews

2009 Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Sort Reviews by

Totally let down - no customer loyalty
By a_gunslinger

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

MANY owners have complained of a horrible MDS droan and vibration as well as a differential whine. Me included. These two conditions were A) not present during test drives or first 3000K miles (I wouldn’t have purchased had I felt these issues!), B) not all owners have the problems and C) those that do have it to varying degrees, some really bad. However Chrysler Dodge, after not being able to fix the issues, has claimed its "AS PER DESIGN" and normal. As per design, to me, would mean by definition that it was present from day 1, all trucks had the condition, and all had it to the same degree. See full report at http://www.dodgeramhell.com/

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

They were all about trying to fix it and agreed it was just not right until they realized it couldn’t be fixed - then quickly changed tune to "as per design." Horrible and annoying systems. See full report at http://www.dodgeramhell.com/ Really suprised and taken aback by thier lack of support post sale. 60-day handshake? Forget about it! All the commercials cliaming to support the average working class family? No way.

8 months later
By Like my truck

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my Laramie back in the summer when they were nearly giving them away. I traded an 03 Tahoe with 120,000, absolutely nothing wrong with the Tahoe, except it wasn't really a truck. Eight months later and the only time I really miss the SUV is when going on trips. My Dodge drives well and is comfortable, but I miss the interior cargo space on trips. The truck's passenger seat has developed an annoying squeak when there are any road imperfections, and it is getting worse with time and use. Also the satellite radio is more susceptible to signal blockage than my wife's last two Acura's or the XM in my old Tahoe.

Favorite Features

Power, ride, heated & vented seats, heated steering wheel, navigator, & did I say power.

Suggested Improvements

I wish the clothes hooks were on the side instead of the back of the cab, so I could hang a clothes bar across the back seat. Redesign the passenger seat so that it doesn't squeak, and re- look at the satellite antenna design/location so that it isn't so susceptible to blocked signals.

Great Truck!
By jmb6958

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This truck is fantastic! The quad cab interior is very spacious and comfortable. There is loads of storage. The ice coolers in the rear floors are great to keep bottled water cold on a long trip. The ride is as smooth as my previous Lincoln, which is very impressive for a truck. I live on a dirt road and the ride is even smooth on this road. Cabin is very quiet, I would also compare it to the cabin of the Lincoln. Have taken on a long trip and averaged 17.5 mpg between 75 and 80 mph. City average is around 15 mpg which could be better. Have the big horn Hemi. Can I say wow what power! Uconnect for cell phones is a great feature to be able to talk hands free. If you are looking fo

Favorite Features

Big horn Hemi, interior cabin comfort, styling, smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

Improve City fuel economy.

awesome pick-up
By ramfan

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

The performance of this p. U. W 3:92 axle is almost unbelievable. Ride is very gd and the truck is quieter than the ram I traded. This is my 6th ram and everyone was excellent. No Major problems with any. 2009 is the best yet. A friend has a hemi w/vvt etc. And claims 19 mpg to and from work. Wld rec. This pick-up to any and all. Don't forget lifetime drivetrain warranty.

Favorite Features

hemi

Suggested Improvements

body colored rub strips to prevent parking dings.

Best truck on the road hands down
By John

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Been a long time dodge fan. My father headed up the glass plant for years in Detroit for Chrysler so I have been hooked on dodge for years. Owned 4 rams now, by far this is the best one. Comfort is top rated and driveability is outstanding. Hold on when you put the petal to the metal - it will set you back in the seat. More leg room in rear plus an added surprise vents for the backseat for cold air to reach whoever's in the backseat. Towing my boat is no problem, sometimes I forget it is back there. So you can keep your fords and your gms also no foreign trucks for me - dodge is back and going to be around for a long time to come.

Favorite Features

Hemi is awesome and the extra room in the back is great. The in-floor coolers for travel - what a great idea.

Suggested Improvements

Better standard sound system needs more punch.

Dodge ram 1500 st quad cab 5.7 hemi
By Drewby

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Jumped on this after seeing 10,000 dollars off in my local market/This is a ram 1500 ST quad cab w/hemi and the 3.92 gears. First of the new coil suspension makes it ride like a couch on wheels.The engine is well super quick, i have pulled off 0-60 in under 6 seconds.Mine came with the 3.92 gears so is very capable of towing 10,000 pnds plus with ease. This truck sits higher and is wider than all other full size out there so if size an issue this may not be for you.' But for me coming out of my third Honda accord, "which i loved" it actually is more comfy but the gas well it is a big truck and i can squeeze 17 or 18 to the gallon, but hey it's a huge truck . A+ Dodge ram has a great truck!!!

Favorite Features

Comfortable ride and height. Tows a house and as fast as anything.No more annoying cut offs from little cars. This thing looks all business .LIFETIME POWER TRAIN WARRANTY

Suggested Improvements

make fog lights standard,improve plastic chrome look grill and make it steel.

A Great Truck
By Robert

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I got my Dodge truck after owning F150's for 15 years. I tried to buy a new F150 but the Dodge dealer bet the Ford's offer by several thousand dollars. I have had my Dodge for 1 month and have 3700 miles. I went on a vacation and it was a great ride. Plenty of power I bought a Hemi and am very impressed. When I test drove the Dodge I liked the ride a lot better than any F150 that I have had. The breaking on the Dodge is much better than on the F150 and speed, the Dodge is far greater. My wife told me that she liked riding in the Dodge much better than in my past F150 trucks. I can not tell you about the reliability but the life time warranty was one of the reasons I bought it.

Favorite Features

The ride and speed makes it fun to dirve. Our 3000 mile trip was a joy in this truck. I would not have gone that far in my F150. I like the body style and interior. I got about 20.5 miles per gallon at 85 miles per hour over the desert hwy.

Suggested Improvements

The plastic trim on the tailgate is the only thing right now that I think they could improve a lot.

Best Truck on the Road
By jarrett

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

What a truck. I have owned 6 dodge trucks this is by far the best. I love the looks the comfort(Cowboy Cadillac)and the gas mileage(22.5 miles to the Gallon)WOW!!!! Plus the great deal I recieved. 35000 MSRP Drive out 21200. What a great deal. I looked @ Toyota, Liked the trucked to pricey. Also looked @ Chevrolet. Nice truck but cheaply made. The 09 RAM the only truck for me...

Favorite Features

Gas milage. Radio. Comfort. The looks from the people as you drive beside them... MY god the horse power!!!!!!!!!

Suggested Improvements

NONE. The perfect truck...

Great Ride
By unclebill

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this truck March 10, 2009 and now have a little over 2000 miles on it. It rides much better than any pickup that I have ever driven or riden in. It rides better than most cars. The performance is outstanding with plenty of power. Fuel economy is not bad for an engine of this size and power. The Hemi is very smooth and the MDS is seamless. I love the look of the truck and the interior is comparable to my wife's Cadillac CTS. I have the 3.92 rear end and was concerned about fuel economy but I have gotten as high as 21.5 MPG with it and this axle has great towing ability. I hope that the merger with Fiat will not ruin this great truck. I am very happy with this truck.

Favorite Features

Exterior Styling, Factory dual exhaust , Interior, Nav System U Connect phone connection, Alpine sound system, heated and cooled seats.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger brakes would help in towing trailers.

This truck is fun!
By Big T

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I took my wife and kids out one Saturday to look for a 4x4 quad cab. The truck had to seat six. Started with Toyota, then Nissan, then Ford, then Chevy, then Dodge. I got what I wanted for $26,000 with the Hemi. This truck was the best deal for the money. We took it out on the test drive and the acceleration is amazing. It put both my wife and I back in our seats. We traded in the Nissan Xterra we were driving for this. We love it! It's a beautiful truck and the price is about $10,000 less than the others. Plus, Obama backed my warranty for LIFE! God bless America.

Favorite Features

Hemi, roomy, beautiful lines.

Suggested Improvements

Chrome rims went out in the 80's.