2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
4.7 quad cab ram 2009
By dratsram on 05/14/13 07:49 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I like smaller trucks/cars. I stayed away from trucks bc I just thought of them as a gas hog. I am a bit of a power junky too. So if i was going to get a truck I wanted power too. I was looking at the Dodge 5.7hemi motor for it's power. I test drove a 2007 hemi and a 2010 4.7 and thought they were both the 5.7L until the salesman pointed it out to me. I got a deal on a 2009 4.7 dodge quad cab and love it. It can pull a loaded 16ft trailer tractor with ease( about 4000lbs). It can pull trailer and still get 15mpg. I'm gettting 24mpg highway and about 16 suburb driving. I drives like a car and is very comfortable.

Manufacturer at Fault
By bat2son on 12/17/12 09:55 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Good power, Comfortable ride. Does not have a cabin filter, contaminated fluid and faulty sway bar links will cause it to pull left or right. Recall on the heating and ventilation actuators; If not repaired causes non response from the windshield wipers, door locks, 4x4 selector, lights, and ventilation fan - Also causes the TCP to illuminate. Recall on the manifold for exhaust leak. Causes poor gas mileage, also piston knock when the engine is cold. leak could cause overheating or a blown piston.

not worth the money
By blondygrl on 08/31/12 11:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

We bought our 2009 with about 50,000 miles on it. Had nothing but issues from it since we bought it. Had it into the shop 7 times within a year to have different stuff fixed. For the price that this vehicle costs, there is absolutly no reason to have that many problems out of it.

Solid Truck
By learhopper on 01/14/12 15:10 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 ST 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought a Ram after owning all the other brands over the years. Test drove all brands and the solid, comfortable, quiet ride combined with the 100,000 mile transferable powertrain warranty swung my vote. Also got a lifetime powertrain warranty as long as I keep the truck, no other manufacturer offered that!! I've put over 40k miles on the truck now with no problems.

bad engine at 40,000 miles
By hangdodge on 10/14/11 04:43 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have a 2009 dodge with 40000 miles and the engine is needing replaced. I was told there is no transferable warranty. If this is true I will never buy a dodge again. dodge the dodge you will cursre the day you bought it.

Totally let down - no customer loyalty
By a_gunslinger on 04/28/11 12:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

MANY owners have complained of a horrible MDS droan and vibration as well as a differential whine. Me included. These two conditions were A) not present during test drives or first 3000K miles (I wouldn’t have purchased had I felt these issues!), B) not all owners have the problems and C) those that do have it to varying degrees, some really bad. However Chrysler Dodge, after not being able to fix the issues, has claimed its "AS PER DESIGN" and normal. As per design, to me, would mean by definition that it was present from day 1, all trucks had the condition, and all had it to the same degree. See full report at http://www.dodgeramhell.com/

Ridiculously powerful
By Vince on 11/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 ST 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

27,000 miles since August 2009. Pretty good on gas (average about 15-17 mpg). Plenty, and I mean PLENTY of power from the HEMI; 0-60 in under 7 seconds! This is a full-size truck! Absolutely in love with this motor! Dark gray with the 20's, turns a LOT of heads when it's clean! 4x4 works great here in Michigan. Interior design is very attractive, I like it better than the Fords and Chevys! Front seats are very supportive, all of the controls are within good reach. However, I tend to get backaches after long trips. Better stock sound system than the Infinity on our 2010 Journey. Very quiet ride(excluding the amazing exhaust note!), as well as a solid ride. Handles pretty good. Very versatile

Flabioso
By Flabioso on 11/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I was looking for a Ford truck, I told the salesman no Dodge for me, and then saw a used 09 TRX crew with 6k miles we took it for a test drive and wow it drives great very smooth, i towed my 63 galaxy from FLA to NJ with no trouble. I had an 05 F-150 with a 4.6 before,the 4.7 on the Dodge is much smoother and has a lot more power and a little better fuel mileage, the interior is very nice also the last gen Dodge trucks looked very cheep on the inside.

Very Pleased
By Chris on 09/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

It was scary at first, but after 8 years I went back to Dodge from Chevy. The redesign in 2009 was well worth it. I had a choice between a 2010 or the 2009, and for the price bought the 2009 (second hand). I am greatly pleased with the truck, especially the fuel economy. It has the 4.7 liter engine, plenty of hp, I got average 26 mpg driving from New Orleans a few weeks ago.

What a truck
By Keith on 07/31/10 12:49 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I told my wife when I hit 50 it was time to trade wife or truck. I got the 2009 1500 Laramie. I have installed a 3" lift kit and front in leveling kit with 285 Goodrich TA, chrome running boards, tonneau topper and cold air induction system. This truck will stop traffic with the looks. I have 16 year olds to 65 years tell me it is one of the most beautiful trucks they have every seen. The black paint with the gold flack really stands out. I had never owed a Dodge until now and man this is all the truck I ever wanted. Move over Ford and Chevy Dodge is headed your way.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 in VA is:

$117 per month*