Used 2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

4.7 quad cab ram 2009
By dratsram

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I like smaller trucks/cars. I stayed away from trucks bc I just thought of them as a gas hog. I am a bit of a power junky too. So if i was going to get a truck I wanted power too. I was looking at the Dodge 5.7hemi motor for it's power. I test drove a 2007 hemi and a 2010 4.7 and thought they were both the 5.7L until the salesman pointed it out to me. I got a deal on a 2009 4.7 dodge quad cab and love it. It can pull a loaded 16ft trailer tractor with ease( about 4000lbs). It can pull trailer and still get 15mpg. I'm gettting 24mpg highway and about 16 suburb driving. I drives like a car and is very comfortable.

Favorite Features

power and ride

Manufacturer at Fault
By bat2son

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Good power, Comfortable ride. Does not have a cabin filter, contaminated fluid and faulty sway bar links will cause it to pull left or right. Recall on the heating and ventilation actuators; If not repaired causes non response from the windshield wipers, door locks, 4x4 selector, lights, and ventilation fan - Also causes the TCP to illuminate. Recall on the manifold for exhaust leak. Causes poor gas mileage, also piston knock when the engine is cold. leak could cause overheating or a blown piston.

Favorite Features

5.7 hemi

Suggested Improvements

Use better fluid and parts for assembly. Recall all trucks with actuator problems and exaust leaks.

not worth the money
By blondygrl

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

We bought our 2009 with about 50,000 miles on it. Had nothing but issues from it since we bought it. Had it into the shop 7 times within a year to have different stuff fixed. For the price that this vehicle costs, there is absolutly no reason to have that many problems out of it.

Favorite Features

Look, tons of power, very comfortable ride

Suggested Improvements

Back their recalls

Solid Truck
By learhopper

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 ST 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought a Ram after owning all the other brands over the years. Test drove all brands and the solid, comfortable, quiet ride combined with the 100,000 mile transferable powertrain warranty swung my vote. Also got a lifetime powertrain warranty as long as I keep the truck, no other manufacturer offered that!! I've put over 40k miles on the truck now with no problems.

Favorite Features

Solid feel on the road, very quiet ride, almost no wind or road noise. Stock stereo sounds great. Flex fuel capable. Looks great in black with black wheels and a Yakima roof rack.

Suggested Improvements

Would like it if the truck sat higher off the ground, I get a lot of questions about it being 4x4 or not. Stronger headlights, by far the weakest lights I've ever driven with at night, borderline dangerous. ALL 4x4 trucks should be equipped with tow hooks, don't understand why it didn't come with them. Going with 4.7L engine was a mistake, it burns same amount of gas as the 5.7 and is poor at towing, has to downshift to climb slight rises on the highway. Resale value has been disappointing as well, went to my dealer to see about trading it in and was quickly back in my truck headed home shaking my head in disgust.

bad engine at 40,000 miles
By hangdodge

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have a 2009 dodge with 40000 miles and the engine is needing replaced. I was told there is no transferable warranty. If this is true I will never buy a dodge again. dodge the dodge you will cursre the day you bought it.

Favorite Features

the looks

Suggested Improvements

have ford or toyota make your trucks