Used 2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Dodge Ram-pickup-1500 - Consumer Reviews

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Totally let down - no customer loyalty
By a_gunslinger

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

MANY owners have complained of a horrible MDS droan and vibration as well as a differential whine. Me included. These two conditions were A) not present during test drives or first 3000K miles (I wouldn’t have purchased had I felt these issues!), B) not all owners have the problems and C) those that do have it to varying degrees, some really bad. However Chrysler Dodge, after not being able to fix the issues, has claimed its "AS PER DESIGN" and normal. As per design, to me, would mean by definition that it was present from day 1, all trucks had the condition, and all had it to the same degree. See full report at http://www.dodgeramhell.com/

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

They were all about trying to fix it and agreed it was just not right until they realized it couldn’t be fixed - then quickly changed tune to "as per design." Horrible and annoying systems. See full report at http://www.dodgeramhell.com/ Really suprised and taken aback by thier lack of support post sale. 60-day handshake? Forget about it! All the commercials cliaming to support the average working class family? No way.

bad engine at 40,000 miles
By hangdodge

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have a 2009 dodge with 40000 miles and the engine is needing replaced. I was told there is no transferable warranty. If this is true I will never buy a dodge again. dodge the dodge you will cursre the day you bought it.

Favorite Features

the looks

Suggested Improvements

have ford or toyota make your trucks

WHY DID I BUY ANOTHER DODGE PRODUCT!?
By Jonathan Howe

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

i should have learned after owning my 1997 dodge ram 1500 4x4 and all the known problems with it that daimler chrysler knew about but never did anything about. plenum gaskets every 2 years, trac bars every year, tranny problems every 20k miles, and tons of cash spent for service after the warranty expired and i took care of this like a baby, but always had mega problems with it, and here i go and buy another one! someone want to give me a swift kick!? now anyone buying a new one prior to the bankruptcy will be stuck with any problems encountered. my cab is starting to leak in this truck and the dealership is trying to say i keep my window open every storm since they cannot find any leaks!

Favorite Features

interior and exterior looks and the hemi engine, and better mileage! sucked me right into another problem vehicle!

Suggested Improvements

i don't think dodge can really makes and improvements to the truck or their reputation from here on out. customer service is at the absolute worst. dealers lie to you just to get your submission for a five star rating then after that they could care less! it awful!

Dissapointed.....Again
By Mike

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought an 06 Quad Cab with 20" tires only to have Dodge buy it back after three months due to not being able to balance the tires. Ended up with an 06 Mega Cab that was great and ended up trading it in on a new SLT Crew Cab only to have the same trouble as I did in 06 with the Quad Cab. It has been in the garage each week that I have owned it for tires. They have tried Goodyears and BF Goodrichs with no success and I believe that it is up to around 7 different sets. It is a shame that a great looking truck still has the same issues as they did back in 06. They say it swallowed a Luxury car but evidently it forgot to eat the wheels!

Favorite Features

Interior, Uconnect, Rambox

Suggested Improvements

New wheels and tires! It has been two years and the quality has not been improved. VERY DISAPPOINTING!!!

big mistake
By fueledup

2009 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I was turned on by all the toys. But what a piece of junk. I've owned many pick-ups in my life, but the ride quality in this tin can just plain stinks. You continue to feel a right to left up and down motion much like sitting in aboat anchored and feeling the wakes of other boats as they drive by. I owned this thing for two weeks. My combined mileage of 800hwy and 600 city was a whooping 14.6. I drove very conservative. I was so disappointed I traded it back and lost $10,000.00. It still hurts. I've never hated a vehicle so much.

Favorite Features

electronics were very good

Suggested Improvements

too many to list, but first and foremost ride quality