2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Review: work out the bugs

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Review

Laramie Quad Cab (5.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic 6.4 ft. Bed)

work out the bugs
By action on

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

My brother had bought a 2008 1500 big horn and i drove it to the lake pulling my boat. I couldn't believe how much nicer it was than my chevy with the performance. I had to one up him and get the Dodge with all the options. Turned out in the beginning it was the wrong thing to do. It is a nice truck but the first time we got snow and I went to use the 4wd it burned out a bunch of sensors, causing the lights to flash wipers to turn on by themselves tail lights to flash all the electronics just did what they wanted to do. Dodge did not have a fix for this issue right away. I had to bring it in a few times before the problem was actually corrected. No problems since. Now I love the truck.

Lots of power. Pulls my boat and 5th wheel camper just fine. Fuel bill is a little pricey but what do you expect when you have the power.

I live in ND(cold climate complaints). Windshield wipers-at the base-fill up with water-from snow melting off windshield-turns to ice- wiper pops off gear and hits the highway-ice bends steel.....and you should be able to turn on the heated seats with the remote starter. What happened to tow hooks?