08 HEMI 5.7L RAM 1500
By COUGAR#76 on
2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)
Well I love my first 1/2 ton pickup truck. The mineral gray is a very sharp color and the engine is a monster. I added a K & N cold air intake to my Hemi and it ROARS! Hadn't had one problem since my purchase 5 months ago. The truck had 35,000 on it. I have put 7,000 since and it is well broken in. I changed from the mopar oil to AMSOIL synthetic (7500 mile oil change) with a K&N oil filter which everything is running smooth. I plan on getting new tires as the stock Wranglers are wearing out, probably will be toast by 50,000. Getting Grabbers, best value, fyi. The brakes are ok, but HAWK is probably the brand that will replace my OEM ones.
Favorite Features
I have leather interior which is a huge Plus. I love the moon roof and automatic rear sliding window. Everything is doing great I just plan on updating some features by myself and continue with a rigorous maintenance. We'll have to see how it handles in N. Indiana snow!
Suggested Improvements
The lights is one big improvement, Also the bumper get rusty on the inside of it, a big pet peeve of mine, but I can fix it with a lil sanding down and a repaint. I recommend splash guards for those trying to preserve a more street look for there truck.