2008 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie Quad Cab
By jws298 on
2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)
Firstly, I looked at many different trucks prior to purchasing my Ram and settled on it as a compromise. After 10 months of ownership I found that I compromised a little too much regarding overall build quality. However, this truck did everything relatively well that I asked it to. It is a blast to drive with 5.7 Hemi option and very well optioned for the price. The biggest issue I noticed was it scratched and dented extremely easily which poses a major challenge when utilizing a truck for its intended use.
Favorite Features
Reasonably priced, Great braking, great engine performance, on demand 4x4, Leather interior was durable, very sharp truck black with the chrome package, tows extremely well, decent gas mileage for a larger engine and a full sized truck, the 34 gallon tank was also a plus. Our Local Dodge dealership was actually relatively easy to get along with and was accommodating when they needed to be with minimal persuasion.
Suggested Improvements
Body panels dented really easily, the rear end had to be rebuilt around 42,000 miles (I didn't do any heavy towing) luckily I bought an extended Chrysler warranty otherwise my review wouldn't be as friendly. Invest in top of the bed rails and anything else you can to protect the body. I'd add a rear camera or sensors, power passenger seat, and digital climate control.