2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Review: Given way more credit than it

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Review

Given way more credit than it deserves
By First Pick Up on

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I bought the Dodge during a 50% off sale...Stickered $31K, paid $15K. Within the first 1K miles, I had the gas tank replaced because it sprayed gas out of the filler neck when filling up. At 2K miles, the Wipers went on it. They replaced a WCM module. I'm at roughly 10K miles and no other problems other than some rattles. My biggest complaint, driving on wet roads is like driving on ice. Even when I take it easy, the rear tires (Goodyear HP's) break free on wet pavement VERY easily. The 5.7 Hemi is not very smooth or refined, I expected better from such a hyped-up engine. I can't see me buying another Dodge ever again.

Great price when discounted 50% but that's about all they're worth. Used one's are pretty cheap too. I feel sorry for anyone that paid anywhere near sticker for one. Good thing it came with a lifetime power train warranty. Looks pretty good. Powerful.

Hopefully the 2009+ are better then the previous model years. Cheap plastic materials. Problem prone. Poor resale values. 20" Chrome wheels are just thick plastic wheel covers!