The reality of hd trucks.
By SS on
2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)
Here it is folks. I run my trucks in the service industry. I've had Fords, Chevys, and Dodge trucks. I annualy put on 18000 miles per yr on gravel/26000 hwy . If you want reliability(hands down)buy a Dodge diesel. Interior appointments OK but not as nice as Chevys. If you want a nice hiway truck, buy a diesel (expect nickle and dime repairs over 60000 miles lots of them) if you work this truck. Great tranny and motor though. Fords hum. To each his own but I cannot see me purchasing another Ford in the near future.
Favorite Features
Dodge trucks have cost me about half in annual repair costs compared to Chevrolet of equivalent build and service. Cummins economy is 19 mpg- 22mpg hwy about the same as duramax depending on temerature outside. Mega cab room is miles ahead of competition. Ride is great with about 600-700lbs in back
Suggested Improvements
Fog lights are easily smashed out by rocks. Suggest making them out of other material that glass, on my third set. Ball joints in front end should be greasable(short lifespan 55000 miles). Availability of drum breaks in rear instead of disc because of short life with use on gravel-(all brands)