2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Great Basic Truck
By Randy-South Carolina on 01/13/08 14:48 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 ST 2dr Regular Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I recently purchased a bare bones work truck for a third vehicle. I have owned about every diffent model of truck in the last 20 years and I have to say I am very pleased with this truck. Dodge has managed to build a simple, very well built work truck that at an acceptional value. The six- speed manual allows for optimum power out of the six cylinder motor and provides good economy. I have averaged approximely 19 mpg round about and over 23 mpg on the highway. To describe this vehicle in a few short words; good price, quiet at high speeds, plenty of power, great fuel economy for a full size truck.

Good truck
By OC on 01/09/08 22:14 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I just got this truck last month but so far, I am very impressed. This is my 7th truck and my first Dodoge. It is roomy, comfortable and although stiff, I like the ride. (It feels solid like a truck should) Off road in low 4wd, it is a hoss. On the highway in 2wd, it drives very well and is very quiet.

Hemi rules the road
By Tim-Louisiana on 01/01/08 16:42 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Great driving truck with secure feel on the road. The interior is as confortable as possible, without leather. 20 inch wheels give it height and attitude. Hemi feels good under the foot and brakes stop it on a dime.

It's got a Hemi
By Dave on 12/17/07 10:16 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchsed the Dodge during a snow storm and thought I would have to drive very carefully on my way home but with the ESP (electronic stability System), it was almost impossible to get the wheels to break loose. My kids fight over the front seat because of the heated seat feature. I really like the styling and you can't beat the power.

Good job on the New Ram
By Nice Job Dodge on 11/28/07 16:37 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 2dr Regular Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I just bought my 08 Ram 4.7 Reg Cab after all owning a GMC crew cab. I have to say this is a great truck. It was nice to see a small V8 have awesome power. Dodge took the 4.7 up to 310HP and in a reg cab with 20's and a five speed Auto this truck can get. The funny thing is I did not know the HP was that nor did my salesman or the dealership. I found it online afterword here in Edmunds. So listen up Dodge you need to Advertise the new power and help out your sales. If you are looking for a new truck but do not want to break the bank. Go buy a new Ram 4.7 with 310HP. I got mine for less than $21000 loaded. It is a great truck and a blast to drive. Get a flowmaster and intake and it comes alive.

Great Truck
By Colorado Ram on 10/08/07 06:47 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought the new 2008 Ram Quad Cab 4x4 with the Hemi. It's a great truck to drive and very fast! On the highway we are getting 18 MPG, not bad since the truck only has 1200 miles as I write this. Great truck!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.