Used 2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Consumer Reviews - 65 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Faulty Transfer case
By Dodge abandoned me

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I ordered a top of the line Ram 1500 Laramie, quad cab, with electronic transfercase, dvd, gps etc. When I went to use the all wheel drive function, the transfer motor burned out,which then burned out the TIPM board, Which you need to start the vehicle. I have been to the shop 4 times,spanning 70 + days and 3 dealerships in two states. Dodge can't fix it. There are 12 other owners that I know of, same problem. Dodge has totally ignored us. I have called, emailed, certified mail etc. The customer assistance line said on 5 different occasions that I would receive a call within 2 days,and each time the deadline passes and guess what. No call. Its been a total whoopdee do.

Total abandonment,customer service line that is anything but, they listen, then say we will call you back. I am forwarding on to a "supervisor.

Ummmm Back up your defective products, Don't totally ignore your customers. The quality of a company isn't demonsrated by how nice and efficient you are on defect products, but rather how nice and efficient you are when you ship a defect.

Hemi Power!
By John

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've always owned Dodge trucks and this is by far the best one I've owned to date. The Hemi is an incredible engine that puts out plenty of power for towing/hauling. The lifetime powertrain warranty is also a nice thing to have. So far the truck has run amazing. The U-Connect system makes making and receiving calls easy. The styling of the truck is aggressive and clean. I get decent gas mileage 14mpg on average with aggressive street and highway driving. OVerall its the best truck for the money out there.

Hemi engine. Big Horn package. U-Connect system, aggressive styling, power adjustable pedals, and the towing.

Back seat on the Quad Cab has little room and is quiet uncomfortable. Navigation is Lacking. But both problems were fixed in the '09 with the introduction of the crew cab and the new mygig navigation.

Amazing Truck
By ckeys27

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab LB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This truck has it all and then some. This thing looks great and I always get compliments. I have only had the truck for a short month but im greatly impressed. The 4.7,8cyl delivers enough power to tow everything I need to tow and it handles suprisingly well for a four dour.

Rear power sliding window, Sirius radio, 20" tires, chrome

Complimentary bed liner and step bars

Great Truck But....
By Gregg Mc.

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab ST 4dr Quad Cab 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This truck has been great but a few issues. Dodge is the only product our family had bought for 30 years. I had loads of problems with my chrysler and traded for a new ram. I love everything about it looks, power everything. But at 5000 miles I started having problems with fueling up the truck and it would spit up 2 cups of fuel going slow or fast. Dodge is replacing the gas tank. But they say its back ordered. My power windows and stereo started cutting out. Again dodge is repairing the problem but 3 week back order. Other than that it's great.

20" rims look great with the black pearl on this truck. Factory billet grille. Loads of power for being a 4.7L but 310 hp.

We have two and they need to make a real ball joint and tie rod ends. Other than that nothing.

Big Horn, Big Fun
By Louis

2008 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab LB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Recently bought the Big Horn edition. Was a little gun shy about buying a Dodge have always been a Ford guy so far seems like a good buy. The only issue so far is the rear end seems a little light seems to hydroplane easier then it should. Truck came with Goodyear HP's so I know it's not cheap tires. If anyone has an idea what may be the cause please remark. Overall we like our Ram truck!

Lift up rear seat, Sirius radio. Overall exterior looks.

MPG. Rear end stablity.